PDA

View Full Version : Rockband Wireless Guitar

Strife
11-22-2008, 11:50 PM
Okay question......A while ago before Rock Band 2 was released, my friend bought me a wireless guitar for Rock Band. Ever since it was bought, I cannot activate Overdrive by flipping the guitar upwards like a regular wired guitar. I have to press the back button to activate overdrive which most of the time causes me to ruin a note streak. Is this normal or did I just get a dud?

geohound
11-23-2008, 12:27 AM
the rockband guitars are flawed.if you go to the website and fill out the info,they will send you a replacement.if they are still doing it.

filthy
11-23-2008, 02:02 AM
There are ways to fix it yourself, if your like myself and don't want to wait weeks for something that can take you 20 mins. Rock Band 2 peripherals are much better, but still can get duds unfortuneately.

Strife
11-23-2008, 06:25 PM
How can I fix it myself?

Asparas
11-24-2008, 03:24 PM
I modded mine by creating a stomp box (pretty much a guitar pedal). If I had used an online guide I'd provide you with a good link, but just google rock band stomp box mod and I'm sure it'll guide you in the right direction however it will void the warranty, I don't know if there's a non-voiding method to simply fix it as opposed to mod it. Up to you though, I hate the rock band guitar anyway so I didn't care if I broke it as I have 2 other GH guitars that work fine on Rock Band.

Killswitch
11-24-2008, 04:47 PM
A stomp box...... that's a sweet idea!

filthy
11-25-2008, 03:27 AM
make me one too!!! lol

Asparas
11-25-2008, 07:14 PM
It's pretty sweet, and you can get even more crazy with that idea and make it detachable so you can use either the tilt method or plug in the stomp box to use it. All you need is some wire, a project box, momentary style button, and a 1/4" jack and plug for the detachable part. It's really cool once it's done. I'm gonna be modding my second rock band guitar and I'll make sure to take pictures of the process and include some sort of guide.

Killswitch
11-25-2008, 09:35 PM
I'm thinking I'll try to find a couple of real guitar effects pedals (dead ones of course) to use. They'll all ready be half-way built and you can pound 'em hard and they'll never break. lol

Asparas
11-26-2008, 11:06 AM
I'm thinking I'll try to find a couple of real guitar effects pedals (dead ones of course) to use. They'll all ready be half-way built and you can pound 'em hard and they'll never break. lol

I have actually read about people doing that. It would be nice if you could them cuz that would be really cool to have that instead, I myself being a guitarist would probably try to fix them so that I can use them on my actual guitars lol!!