PDA

View Full Version : toy room ideas

Timbit
11-26-2008, 02:31 PM
im looking for pictures or ideas for a toy room for a girl and a boy! I was thinking of having a wall just of chalkboard paint and than some sort of table and chairs for the kids to do crafts and paint, and than some sort of organizer for all the little toys.. .. show me some toy room pictures :D

Sweet Little Sister
11-26-2008, 03:26 PM
i don't have any pics for you but..
i would suggest a white wipe off marker board instead of a chalkboard. we had one and i found it too messy/dusty..but thats just me..

i used to use those plastic stacking basket things that have an open front that ppl put potatoes and onions in..great for keeping small toys like blocks and cars together

i had one whole wall cover with the kids paintings, pictures, crafts..it was awesome! they loved having a gallery of their work.

Jackie B
11-26-2008, 03:43 PM
They have white padded benches at the Hart Store that have shelving underneath. I always thought they would go great in a play/toy room. I think the padding is purple, but yuo could always get them re-covered with primary colours.

crazymamma
11-26-2008, 05:04 PM
paint with chalkboard paint and let the kids decorate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

italiandomino
11-27-2008, 02:35 AM
To be honest Tim .. I thought you were talking about a Toy Room for the wife LOL

blueeyedgirl
11-27-2008, 09:36 AM
I wanted to do the chalk on the wall thing but a friend of mine has it and said that it is messy and annoying to keep clean lol. So I went online at toys r us and bought a wall hanging aquadoodle and love it. Hubby is also building a big box with shelving in it to put baskets in each square to put toys in it. Right now the little man has a train table, easle and toy box but by summer we hope to have a nice and neat organized play room with different stations of stuff to do in there.

Giggle Squirt
11-27-2008, 09:41 AM
http://www.susanmilne.com/opera/playroom.jpg

Babzz
11-27-2008, 09:43 AM
lots of shelves and baskets for toys :)

Verotik
11-27-2008, 10:53 AM
i used magnetic primer on the lower half of the walls in our toy room, the kids can stick photo frames and letters all over the place it works well.

i did one wall with chalkboard paint and that also worked out great

i did a strip of chalkboard paint on all the walls about 10-12in wide where they can draw too,

lol, now i am chopping the room in half and making a mainfloor bathroom for my 3 junior pee-ers

SusyQ
11-27-2008, 11:02 AM
My daughter covered every inch of the floor in these tiles. It gave it colour and was soft too walk on.....

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s141/Dragonnfly1/FullMat.jpg

tippikitty
11-27-2008, 11:25 AM
Those are cool SusyQ. They have so many different things now-a-days compared to when I was growing up.

SusyQ
11-27-2008, 11:30 AM
I like the idea that if they fall its cushioned.

Verotik
11-27-2008, 11:43 AM
i also use a 2 row shelf with toy bins, i think this one is a dora with about 5 bins on each row, with lids which never seem to be on, we also have the kids organized puzzles and wood puzzles in large ziploc bags,

we have one of these as well

love the step 2 stuff can be expensive though

http://www.step2.com/images/products/883100_popup.jpg

Peety
11-27-2008, 11:50 AM
I keep every thing seperate and in containers that are clear with lids and I stack them,
I have bought them zellers.
Loose toys I have on the corner stand that holds the tv and movies,
She has a table that holds what she is playing with and a pink plactic container that holds more of the bigger toys,
We have a lazy girl chair and a kitchen and a play matt on the floor.
The easel is set up only when we paint,
I have a really neat deacons bench but the toys were all over so that is upstairs in her room,
puzzles are on the top shelf and so are crafts,I keep those in the rolling suitcases,

I didn't think a toy box was they way to go..

MissMuffett
11-27-2008, 11:50 PM
To be honest Tim .. I thought you were talking about a Toy Room for the wife LOL

Now that wasnt nice :@..

EyelashExtensions
11-28-2008, 12:07 AM
Check IKEA they have some pretty cool stuff. They have hanging chairs for kids that are pretty cool. I've seen on Extreme makeover that there is paint you can use on a childs room and they can paint on it and it just washes off.

MissMuffett
11-28-2008, 12:46 AM
well i never thought of it b4 and i think the dust from the chalkboard would upset my hubbies allergies. so im thinking of getting a magnetic white board.. i think that would be fun!! and i was thinking of also getting a long table about kid height and under it have about 10 clear plastic containers for stuff to put in it.. the table they can paint and color and use playdo and all that kid stuff :D

bluekrissyspikes
11-28-2008, 12:56 AM
yes...chalk is horribly messy and kids don't care if they get it on everything. i love the magnetic paint idea though. maybe i'll check that out too. if you haven't seen the stuff ikea has, you should check it out. they have some really cute storage ideas and stuff there.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
11-28-2008, 12:58 AM
Now that wasnt nice :@..

It isnt far from the truth lol

MissMuffett
11-28-2008, 01:00 AM
thanx bluekrissyspikes. were heading on a road trip soon so we might make a pit stop :D

MissMuffett
11-28-2008, 01:04 AM
it isnt far from the truth lol

:p.. U love me>> u know it!!

bluekrissyspikes
11-28-2008, 01:16 AM
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/categories/departments/childrens_ikea/