PDA

View Full Version : Hit and Run at Romes today

Vox Boy
11-27-2008, 06:56 PM
I would like to thank the person who drove into my mother's brand new car today at Romes parking lot and then drove away leaving thousands in damage. This person was driving a late model white Ford F150 with a white cab on the back and a blue stripe down the side of vehicle. Also described as an elderly man. Anyone seeing a vehicle with this description with a damaged right tail light area please contact.
Thank you

4caster
11-27-2008, 07:05 PM
For sure...man, the friggin' nerve!!

I've seen that truck before...I'm definitely going to keep my eye out this weekend.

He's was probably coming back from the bar. I hope somebody get's that guy!

everywoman
11-27-2008, 08:31 PM
Saw the same thing happen at Canadian Tire last year. I was able to get the licence plate, and give it to the owner of the damaged car.

42net1
11-27-2008, 09:01 PM
I hope you find the person responsible. Did you call donna hicks and ask her?

Strife
11-27-2008, 09:06 PM
unless she is described as an elderly man, I doubt it

Vox Boy
11-27-2008, 09:41 PM
I hope you find the person responsible. Did you call donna hicks and ask her?

Ha Ha... that's a good one

*Angel*
11-27-2008, 10:07 PM
Now usually because it was in a parking lot is it considered no ones fault? Now that this man hit and ran does that make him have to be accountable?

Vox Boy
11-27-2008, 10:17 PM
Now usually because it was in a parking lot is it considered no ones fault? Now that this man hit and ran does that make him have to be accountable?

His insurance company would have to pay the deductible. My parents contacted their IC and were told that if they can find the person they will bill his insurance for the deductible and reimburse them...($1000)

Madmax
11-27-2008, 10:51 PM
Well that just sucks, but it is no fault insurance and nothing would have been done anyways except her insurance would still pay for her car either way.

As far i know he can't even be charged with leaving the scene as it is private property.

Vox Boy
11-27-2008, 10:58 PM
Well that just sucks, but it is no fault insurance and nothing would have been done anyways except her insurance would still pay for her car either way.

As far i know he can't even be charged with leaving the scene as it is private property.

You're right. Exvept his insurance would have covered their deductible. 1k out of pocket sucks.

11-27-2008, 11:40 PM
Doesn't that just grind your gears??

They never run into a beater!! :angry:

Hopefully someone will finger him!

So is it ok to run into someone's vehicle if it is a "beater"??

bluekrissyspikes
11-27-2008, 11:46 PM
that really sucks! what a jerk. it's true though, it always seems to be the new cars that end up getting trashed on you

11-27-2008, 11:51 PM
I've seen more "beaters" get the beat down. But no one cars anyway, because they have that attitude. "Oh it's just a beater" and they drive away.

It doesn't matter, beater or brand new. They should stop and say something!

bluekrissyspikes
11-27-2008, 11:54 PM
well, yeah. of course. if you smash your car into anything that's not yours you should stop and say something. or at least leave a note.

IMHO
11-28-2008, 07:43 AM
I alway park next to newer cars(new one myself here) and that seems to help with "dings". I know that the owners of new cars parked next to me will be very careful when exiting. Of course, I cannot glue down those cars and many times when I return to my car the :polite drivers" are long gone. I also try to park further away from the doors where less traffic is likely. What happened to your mother is a disgusting act by a coward who in time will get his. I think big vehicles for older people is part of the problem.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
11-28-2008, 07:44 AM
I park at the furthest point in the parking lot because I have seen way too many accidents and idiots tossing their doors open and hitting other cars and walking away like nothing happened...

Vox Boy
11-28-2008, 08:54 AM
I had a beater until I bought new last year. Loved my beater though and depended on it every day.....so ya...new or beater....still sucks. I park the furthest away as I can in a PL. The extra walk is good for me haha

Simba
11-28-2008, 08:54 AM
That parking lot is messed anyway.

kitty&mimi
11-28-2008, 09:03 AM
I park at the furthest point in the parking lot because I have seen way too many accidents and idiots tossing their doors open and hitting other cars and walking away like nothing happened...

because people are retarded
one night i went to wellington square mall....you'd think i was safe
i parked all alone come back and some jackass was parked right beside me, we had to pull up so that we could open the doors to let my daughter in.....next day i noticed jackass banged the side of my door, but not a little scratch, it was a pretty big dent....like seriously....the parking lot was empty....why????? because people are retarded

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
11-28-2008, 09:42 AM
An idiot did this to me at Churchill Plaza once and I could not get in the driver's side door because he was less than a foot away and the car was parked away from the rest of them. When I shook my head and mumbled expletives he told me why dont I go through the passenger door. I told him to fornicate himself....

Madmax
11-28-2008, 09:56 AM
An idiot did this to me at Churchill Plaza once and I could not get in the driver's side door because he was less than a foot away and the car was parked away from the rest of them. When I shook my head and mumbled expletives he told me why dont I go through the passenger door. I told him to fornicate himself....

And did he fornificate himself?

ByrdDawg
11-28-2008, 10:10 AM
Call the ford dealers and the auto wrecker yards and ask them to keep an eye out for somebody looking to buy a taillight for a Ford F150.

Long shot but you never know.

kitty&mimi
11-28-2008, 10:12 AM
And did he fornificate himself?

only u would ask that

The Piper
11-28-2008, 10:34 AM
I had a "beater" slam a door into my 4 month old Suv. Got the girls name (she admitted doing it) , gave her the quote for repair a few days later and then she changed her mind and decided she wasn't going to pay. Went to see the duty officer to see what my options were...none. His recommendation was (loosely translated of course) if you're damaged in a parking lot you're paying for it so you might as well inflict the same on them. It doesn't seem quite right...meh I'll dish it next time

tired-n-cranky
11-28-2008, 11:26 AM
While the police may not be able to do anything for a parking lot, there is no such rule stopping you from civil proceedings in small claims court.

MaO3
11-28-2008, 12:25 PM
When I was very very pregnant for my youngest son I had an elderly man park so close to me that I wasn't able to get into my truck, I couldn't fit between his car and my truck. He was still in his car and I politely asked him if he would mind backing out so I could get in, I pointed to my very large pregnant belly and he told me to use the passenger door.

Imagine the picture I presented, HUGELY pregnant, climbing in the passenger door over the seat and centre console. Not a pretty picture from the rear I can assure you!
I waved at him with one finger as I ever-so-gracefully waddled around the front of my truck.

kitty&mimi
11-28-2008, 12:27 PM
ma03 u were too nice

SusyQ
11-28-2008, 12:31 PM
when i was very very pregnant for my youngest son i had an elderly man park so close to me that i wasn't able to get into my truck, i couldn't fit between his car and my truck. He was still in his car and i politely asked him if he would mind backing out so i could get in, i pointed to my very large pregnant belly and he told me to use the passenger door.

Imagine the picture i presented, hugely pregnant, climbing in the passenger door over the seat and centre console. Not a pretty picture from the rear i can assure you!
I waved at him with one finger as i ever-so-gracefully waddled around the front of my truck.

lmfao

Simba
11-28-2008, 12:41 PM
lol!!

SusyQ
11-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Simba and Ma are both my class acts.

MaO3
11-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Awe thanks guys :embarassed::embarassed: