PDA

View Full Version : Web Browsers

lynys
12-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Keebler and I have been having problems with Firefox as of late. My laptop is freezing constantly, and web pages are slow (at times) We both have tried out Google Chrome. I don't mind it much, but still find it slowing down my laptop at times.

Opinions? Thoughts? Which would you use?

\m/ Rich \m/
12-01-2008, 11:00 PM
the bookmark management msystem made it a deal breaker for me, import and export features are a must. otherwise it was definitely quick and seemed to work pretty well.

Ultimately, i came back to firefox.

Andre
12-02-2008, 07:49 AM
The problem may be firefox or it may be something else running on your computer that's causing it.
This happens to me sometimes if I have like 87 windows and tabs open requiring huge amounts of ram.
When it happens do the ctrl+alt+delete and click the processes tab and see how much ram firefox.exe is using.
If it's high, firefox is the problem. If not, look for another program using lots of ram.

RWGR
12-03-2008, 01:01 PM
I can't access email with Firefox. Been that way for the last two weeks. Other than that, it is working well.

\m/ Rich \m/
12-03-2008, 06:16 PM
weird, seems theres lots of complaints lately, not just from this forum, i wonder if there's something going around that's still undetected?

Asparas
12-04-2008, 10:42 AM
<off topic>maybe it's because M$ has their hands in the cookie jar now with their whole dumping IE for FF lol </off topic>

I haven't had any issues as of late. so I must be lucky. It did crash on me yesterday but it does do that every once in a while so it's nothing I'm gonna concern myself about.

lynys
12-05-2008, 11:55 PM
I did some scans for malware and spyware and came up with some hits. Since cleaning it up, it seems to be running a lot better.