PDA

View Full Version : strut mount

mwrc1
12-06-2008, 09:50 AM
I have a doge van and half of the strut mount let go do they sell does at the dealer I know iI can buy one at the scrap yard and are they hard to change

_daynzy
12-06-2008, 10:30 AM
we sell strut mounts where I work

PM me

Timbit
12-06-2008, 02:53 PM
are you talking about the mount? or the strut tower, that the actual strut bolts too?? if it is the latter, then you would just be better off buying a new vehicle...dodge vans don't hold their value and if that is what happened then it would be an older to have let go that bad......still a pain in the a$$ either way you look at it

puppy
12-06-2008, 03:19 PM
are you talking about the mount? or the strut tower, that the actual strut bolts too?? if it is the latter, then you would just be better off buying a new vehicle...dodge vans don't hold their value and if that is what happened then it would be an older to have let go that bad......still a pain in the a$$ either way you look at it

especially the 1998 dodge caravans

mwrc1
12-06-2008, 08:27 PM
its the the piece the strut bolts bolt on too. can it be fixed I was told it can be fixed if not its going to the scrap yard

puppy
12-06-2008, 09:14 PM
so it is the strut tower...they can be fixed but is hard to do...a body shop usually fixes them..and u can get the piece through the dodge dealer and retails around $200

FBI
12-07-2008, 08:35 AM
sounds like a parts vehical now,,,,good luck on this endeavor,,,,,

corn316
12-07-2008, 11:38 PM
if its were the strut mounts to frame thats roted its not that expencive to buy the mount cover from dodge i had this problem with mine i paid 45$ for the part without the mounting acc it was just rivets for 45$ they told me so i just welded it in place but i also had to cut and weld a new section in place since it was rotted a bit but in the end it cost me a case of beer to rent a garge i had my own tools and welder and 45$ for the part with 4 hrs of my time

Timbit
12-08-2008, 09:03 PM
ya if you can do this job yourself....if not, your paying more then the van is worth.... :(

corn316
01-02-2009, 11:35 AM
coudnt pm ya but yes the hole is bigger on it if the area arond the bolt are rusted u will have to cut out the bad spot and weld a new section in place then put the cap on it and make sure to paint everything so the rust wont continue

Barry Morris
01-02-2009, 10:12 PM
Any vehicle on the road is worth a thousand bucks, because of our safety laws. Is the rest running good? Then think twice before dumping it.

Timbit
01-02-2009, 10:58 PM
if that's the case then instead of paying 500-1000 for a repair of this nature, then take that money and go find a thousand dollar car that is on the road, cause according to barry, and our safety laws it won't have any rust or any holes, cause that is part of a safety.......

if you haven't put a tranny in it, then really the van will need one before it hits 200K's and if your already over that without a rebuild on the tranny, expect it VERY soon.....might be worth checking into a newer non-rusted out vehicle, regardless of running condition of the van

Barry Morris
01-03-2009, 10:34 AM
if that's the case then instead of paying 500-1000 for a repair of this nature, then take that money and go find a thousand dollar car that is on the road, cause according to barry, and our safety laws it won't have any rust or any holes, cause that is part of a safety.......

if you haven't put a tranny in it, then really the van will need one before it hits 200K's and if your already over that without a rebuild on the tranny, expect it VERY soon.....might be worth checking into a newer non-rusted out vehicle, regardless of running condition of the van

Except there will be a slight difference between what your old car is worth, and what you will pay to replace it.
As to rust and holes, well, let's say most places are somewhat flexible.