PDA

View Full Version : Infant Swimming Resource

Super Gram
12-06-2008, 01:05 PM
http://www.childdrowningprevention.com/index.html

Sophie's_Mommy
12-06-2008, 01:26 PM
thats neat, i ve been telling hubby since the day the baby was born that once she hit 6 months i want to start taking her for swimming lessons, my mom actually wants to be the one to go wit her to do this, sorta a gramma granddaughter thing, which im very cool about and i think is a great idea.

bluekrissyspikes
12-06-2008, 01:59 PM
that's neat but i just read up a bit on how they teach the kids to do that and it isn't very nice.

Sophie's_Mommy
12-06-2008, 02:01 PM
i did not read up on that, where did u find the info u read? the same link that the video is shown?

chase_me
12-06-2008, 02:02 PM
They don't teach that here anyhow they only teach the children how to swim here you need a specialized class to teach your child to do that and the closest one is boyne mountain and it runs from like april-june, quite the commute for swimming lessons lol.

bluekrissyspikes
12-06-2008, 02:03 PM
no i just googled infant swimming resource canada

Sophie's_Mommy
12-06-2008, 02:06 PM
thats too bad it s not taught here, but i know that at the John Rhodes they start classes for infants from 6 months and older. i still want her in classes and to learn to swim, plus gramma wants to do this with her so it will be fun for them both..lol.

bluekrissyspikes
12-06-2008, 02:09 PM
regular swimming lessons are fun for kids and good for them too. i had my daughter in swimming right from a year old and she still loves it. i haven't got the boys into it yet, one is terrified of water and i can hardly get him to have a bath let alone swim...lol.

Super Gram
12-06-2008, 06:16 PM
no i just googled infant swimming resource canada

Sorry but you should have googled swimming resouces in America.........cause that where it is

EyelashExtensions
12-06-2008, 08:18 PM
I can't stand watching this video, I seen it on facebook before. The baby getting water in his mouth and face, his head kind of going under. It bothers me, although I think it's great for a child to learn how to swim. I don't think they should be putting a baby in the water like that to inhale/swallow water for advertisement purposes.

bluekrissyspikes
12-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Sorry but you should have googled swimming resouces in America.........cause that where it is

well i wanted to see if there was any classes from that program available here, not in the states so i added canada. there aren't and after reading what parents had to say about it, i wouldn't want to do that to my kids anyway

Luv to be on the GO
12-06-2008, 10:31 PM
LIZZARDSKILLS....I`m with you ...I didn`t enjoy watching that either ----
it seems like forever before the daddy came to get him.

CyLixx
12-07-2008, 09:49 AM
The daddy came to get him? I didnt watch it long enough I guess it just creeped me out...Sorry dont think I Could do that...

cheeky
12-07-2008, 02:45 PM
My youngest could swim before she could walk....she went to the baby and me programme at John Rhodes with either myself or her grandmother. At no point in time was she left on her own in the water struggling to keep afloat or her head above water. That video disturbs me greatly knowing that there are better methods to teach a child to swim.

Evangeline
12-07-2008, 09:29 PM
I couldn't find where it says how they tach them to do it, how is it done?