PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Aid mixer

Bufford
12-09-2008, 09:56 AM
Just got my long awaited Kitchen Aid stand mixer (doing a happy dance) just wondering if you guys may have a few unique recipes for it or any hints and tips for having fun with it?
did make Marshmellows with it they came out great, much better then any you can buy.

cheeky
12-09-2008, 12:22 PM
I've had mine for years and I LOVE it!! I love adding all the ingredients for meatballs and turning it on and walking away to let it mix, so much better than hand mixing!

I don't have any unique recipes, but by far the best hint is to go and by the Kitchen Aid spatula that is designed to reach the bottom of the mixing bowl. It makes things soo much easier!

someguy
12-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Did it not come with the recipie book? Mine came with one. You can also check here for some:

http://www.recipezaar.com/cookbook.php?bookid=45147

lynys
12-11-2008, 10:42 AM
I have one. I have had it for a couple years now and love it. The problem is, I don't really make many things in which I would use it.

They make a mean genetti though!!! (yes, that recipe will be pulled out this weekend...)

Asparas
12-11-2008, 11:29 AM
It's awesome for kneading bread dough if you like making bread and don't have a breadmaker.

mags
12-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Ive had mine for 22 years, it is my favourite kitchen tool. Use it every week. It makes great dough for bread, pizza, focaccia, cookies, batters. Use it for mixing meat balls, meat loaf anything at all. Whip cream is effortless.
Would not give it up and if it ever dies I will replace it with another.

kitty&mimi
12-13-2008, 08:34 AM
i got one last yr, it's awesome
we bought a few attachement, like the pasta stuff and whatever thing to make raviolis
i made the chocolate chip cookies from jessica seinfeld's cookbook , deceptively delicious
it's a good book btw
anyway the cookies have chick peas in them :)
i love this mixer!

kitca
12-13-2008, 12:53 PM
cookies with chick peas? what are they like? could you post the recipe?

kitty&mimi
12-13-2008, 01:12 PM
yes i can, if u like chick peas and lots of chocolate these cookies are for u! lol

i will start another thread for it

LettuceLady
12-16-2008, 10:41 AM
I'd love one of these mixers. Where is the cheapest place to get one?

kitty&mimi
12-18-2008, 09:22 AM
with ur points from your credit card LMAO
seriously, u have to watch the flyers, sometimes they go on sale
esp. watch sears..

Carolyn
12-18-2008, 03:27 PM
I got mine last year for Christmas and I love it. Makes making dough for raviouli's and perogies much easier. Now just need a bigger freezer...