PDA

View Full Version : A Parent/Child Connection

A*lil*Loopy
12-09-2008, 11:33 AM
I've always felt that there is such a thing and learned that there is without a doubt last night.
My son had college yesterday and an outing planned for afterwards so he had the van. We relaxed at home and went to bed around 11pm.

Promptly at 12:49 am we both woke up with a start and checked the clock. I said I hadn't heard him come in and was going to see if his boots were by the door. I went downstairs had a look, checked the phone and found that he had called at 12:05 am but didn't leave a message. Yelled to my husband and asked if he thought I should call our son. (hate calling if he's driving) Hubby said yes and by the time I was reaching for the phone it was ringing.

It didn't even have time to finish the ring, I picked it up saying "where are you?".
The answer came back "I'm in the ditch!, hit some ice and now I'm stuck".

Odd part is that there is no cell phone reception out there, none on that part of St. Joes. He was around the corner by about a mile and a half, had wrecked my front end and was thankfully ok, just his confidence has been shaken. He had sat there for about 2 minutes before calling me and was surprised that he was able to get 2 bars on his phone.

So we woke up when he hit the ditch and both of us sensed something was wrong. Just goes to show you that the bond there is pretty strong between parents and their kids.

OH, and if anyone wants to sell me a cheap minivan, I'd be grateful. I just had new tires put on this one but I believe she's done on the highway, front end is FU.

Sweet Little Sister
12-09-2008, 11:43 AM
definetly believe in that connection too Loopy.
my mom had the same kind of experience with my brother..woke up in the middle of the night and started to get dressed..while she was getting dressed the phone rang..it was the police..my brother was hit by a truck..he survived thankfully..
but yeah, absolutely believe that parentas have a psychic bond, if you will, with their kids.
i've had minor exeperiences with my own children..like they can read my mind sometimes..my youngest has more than once commented on something that i was thinking about but hadn't said out loud yet. freaked me out the first time! lol

glad he was ok. :)

Barry Morris
12-09-2008, 11:44 AM
You sound like a smart lady. Stuff happens.

And a problem solved by mere money isn't really much of a problem.

italiandomino
12-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Loopy .. I am glad he is ok, and I hope i can make that connection as well with my daughter.

lynys
12-09-2008, 11:50 AM
Glad your son is okay Loopy.

bluekrissyspikes
12-09-2008, 11:55 AM
that's pretty neat. it's good he didn't get hurt. i've seen this connection at work too and it still stands sometimes between parents and children that are apart. last year my step son started having seizures and as soon as it was over the phone rang. it was his birth mother calling and the first thing she said was "is domenic there, is he okay?" that was the first and only time she has contacted us or attempted to check up on him since he's been here.

Babzz
12-09-2008, 12:27 PM
Its amaing isn't it..
My nephew decided he was going ski diving a couple years ago.. He did not tell his mom what he was doing.
The exact time he jumping from the plane, my sister called his place and started crying for some reason she did not know of ..
Her insticts that he was scared I am sure ;)

chase_me
12-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Glad your son is ok Loopy, ITA in the connection and i believe it starts as infants and becomes stronger the older and more independant they get.

Jackie B
12-09-2008, 12:38 PM
I have a friend who is selling her minivan. Pm me your number, and I'll PM you hers, maybe you can work something out.

givememore
12-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Well I am glad he is ok. I have a minivan for sale, PM me also if you want, we can talk digits.

A*lil*Loopy
12-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Thanks everyone. And for those with vans, a huge thank you. We'll be having a closer look at ours tonight to get a better idea of just how bad it is. At this point I believe the front end is ruined but I'm going to have a "glass half full" attitude tonight. If it's only tie rods, I can handle that so I'm truly hoping that is the big possibility.

Tomorrow, I suspect I'll be contacting people. Just paid sons' 2nd semester tuition and moved into a more expensive house, paying more for travel, etc............so I'm pretty broke right now.

And ID, I'm sure you will have a great connection with your little one! I'm also suspecting that when she hits puberty she will end up locked up in her room while the potential boyfriends fill out 5 page applications while watching you clean the gun. :eekm:

everywoman
12-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Glad your son is ok Loopy. I've heard of blood relatives having those kind of connections. Although I've never experience it, I do believe in it. It must feel so awesome to know that you are really THAT close to him!

gouligann
12-10-2008, 12:13 AM
Wow, spooky story but I'm so glad it had a good ending.

Andre
12-10-2008, 02:16 AM
I don't believe or dis- believe such things, but here's what happened to me.

One night while asleep I had a dream about my grandma.
Now while I don't consider us close, we were very much in tuned to each other much more than say other family members.

Anyway one night I dream about her and wake up during this dream and she's standing at the foot of my bed, in a blue glow and all ethereal like. She tells me she has to go and everything is all right, that she'll be just fine.
A few hours later the phone rings and it's my mom telling me grandma's dead.

So yes, I do believe in A Parent/Child Connection
even though I've never had one.

A*lil*Loopy
12-10-2008, 10:55 AM
Andre, same thing or extremely close to it, happened to my Grandmother. While sleeping, she awoke to a doctor dressed in white standing at the end of her bed in a bit of a glow. She said my fathers' name and the doctor disappeared. My father had been rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery.

Strange things happen but usually for good reasons. Nice to know we can be in tune with others when it counts.