PDA

View Full Version : Christmas sales

goodasgold
12-12-2008, 05:11 PM
:( I hate looking in the flyers now and seeing things I purchased over the last month go on sale. I know why they do it, but geesh, you try to get things done early and it costs you.

Limitations
12-12-2008, 06:21 PM
There is a SOLUTION.

lol

(not mockery)

MissMuffett
12-12-2008, 11:23 PM
so i guess it pays to be a last minute shopper :D .. i knew i was doing something right :P

Macs II
12-12-2008, 11:26 PM
I never buy anything unless it's on sale ...doesn't matter what time of the year it is lol

Verotik
12-12-2008, 11:26 PM
Zomg!

Andre
12-12-2008, 11:51 PM
:( I hate looking in the flyers now and seeing things I purchased over the last month go on sale. I know why they do it, but geesh, you try to get things done early and it costs you.

Some places will refund you the difference is something goes on sale for up to a month. Some it's only a week. Bring your receipt in and find out.

Verotik
12-12-2008, 11:53 PM
i think most its like a week

Evangeline
12-13-2008, 12:13 PM

Canadian Tire and Sears do price adjustments, you have 30 days for Sears and I'm not sure how long for CT. I dunno about places like zellers thou.

Sophie's_Mommy
12-13-2008, 12:41 PM
if anyone shops at cotton ginny pm me, i have a invitation for 50 percent off anything and everything in the store for the next 3 days, u can only get this 50 percent off by invite only, a family member emailed me one and all i have to do is email it to u print it out and bring it to the store with you..

b&aMom
12-13-2008, 12:46 PM
I've solved the "ugh, it's cheaper now" problem two ways this year. First, I started my shopping for gifts the day before yesterday. I got about 95% of it done because I had a list and measurements of the kids. Second, I don't look in the flyers. I'm not buying anything that they don't really need, except one game a piece that they wanted, so the flyers hold no interest at all for me.

Babzz
12-13-2008, 01:03 PM
pm to you shawns girl

J*B
12-13-2008, 01:16 PM
The best time to do your Christmas shopping is in January, then there are no lineups, best prices, no worries for the following December!

*Angel*
12-13-2008, 01:49 PM
Im cheap and buy everything off line...much cheaper

Limitations
12-13-2008, 02:43 PM
I was at a local mall, today, that had a lot of cars in the parking lot, however, a reasonable amount of people inside of it.

It was interesting to hear a person who looked to be very aware who said in not the exact following words, that she knew that not so many people were going along with the spending etc. of this very tricky time of year, by however many the number of people.

I am sure there are a lot more people in contemporary times thinking more and not letting HIGH PRESSURE SALES TRICKS manipulate them or fool them as to what is really going on during this time of year.

This really is the time of year that a lot of businesses expect their biggest yearly PROFIT.

I was glad to go to another mainly Retail area in the City, today, for good reason and that I do not usually go to because my home is not in walking distance to it.

It was a pleasant surprise to find fair prices for a pleasant meal, fresh pastry and a warm beverage with even a refill.

I do not like driving or taking ANY form of Public Transportation, unless, there is clearly good reason.

Even if I had a Million Dollar Budget, I am sure that is HOW I would manage myself.

Ms. Marisa Belsito