PDA

View Full Version : Post c section belly.

Dragonfly
12-16-2008, 12:33 PM
I had my c section only a week and a half ago so I know that my belly obviously isnt going to be back to normal yet or anywhere close, but does anyone have any suggestions on how to begin getting rid of that stretchy flab? its not just fat its stretched out skin and I cant do any exercising or anything yet...but its definately bothering me. Any suggestions?

givememore
12-16-2008, 12:57 PM
Its only been just over a week. Just wait a little while, your skin will start to go back to the way it was, not entirely, but close enough. Your body is still going through many changes and will continue to do so. It took u 9 months to get there, its gonna take some part of that to go back.

Dragonfly
12-16-2008, 02:21 PM
Thats not fast enough :( haha.

mags
12-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Should wait 6 wks before doing any abdominal exercises those muscles need to heal. Breast feeding helps too. But sadly you may never get the same tummy back.

Dragonfly
12-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Oh i know I shouldnt exercise that why I was asking if there was anything else I could do to melt some of the fat. I am sadly aware that I may never go back to normal I just want to lose some of the loose hanging flubber

MissMuffett
12-16-2008, 05:49 PM
I've had 2 sections and I also have that embarrassing hangy skin. Unfortunately because the muscle was cut no matter how much weight u loose or how much u try to firm it u will always have it. If there are people who actually have fixed it without surgery please share your secrets. Because as far as I am aware it won't go away.

Dragonfly
12-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Doooooont tell me that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(

Evangeline
12-19-2008, 12:48 AM
from what I have understand, with all muscle after surgery you need to start working at getting it back into shape as soon as it's safe, you're muscle fibers have been maxed out and are limp, once you can, start doing situps, it will be hard, because the fibres are so lax, but doing that will force them to start functioning again and they will start to replenish. The thing that most people do is put off working out to solve the problem until it has been years and it's way harder to regenerate them since they've been in that state for sooo long. I had my appendix out and also had my muscle cut and started working out a few weeks after it was safe to do so (3 months) and WOW it hurt a lot more in that area than anywhere else! So it will hurt, a lot, that's a way bigger incision but if you want not only the look of your abdomen back, but also your core strength start excercizing as soon at it is safe to do so, if you start with the muscle everything else will be easier to work with. :)

does that help at all? lol
but don't start until you have totally healed.

Dragonfly
12-19-2008, 08:26 AM
hehe yes it does and it makes sense. I had to go shopping for clothes to wear to Xmas and i definately didnt enjoy it. What you said makes me think that someday maybe ill look good in jeans again...cuz i sure dont now :S haha.

mags
12-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Aim for looking good in a bikini this summer & by then you will look good in jeans. Give it time and you will be back to normal or at least close to what you were like.

Dragonfly
12-19-2008, 01:25 PM
Like Ive already lost alot or most of the baby "fat" now its more or less just the hangy embarassing skin..

Evangeline
12-21-2008, 12:35 AM
the skin is attached to loose connective tissue that is attached to the muscle, so if you tighten the muscle back up it will help a lot. :)

Tutones
12-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Like Ive already lost alot or most of the baby "fat" now its more or less just the hangy embarassing skin..

It takes time for the skin to go back to normal, after all it took 9 months to stretch it. For some the loose skin never does go away unless it is surgically removed. The loose skin cannot be 'burned off' like the extra weight.

Dragonfly
12-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Thats what im afraid of :(

cheeky
12-22-2008, 11:21 AM
I think a lot depends on what type of incision you had as well. Was it the "bikini cut" or the straight up and down cut? I had to have an emergency section with my first to save both of our lives, and the doctor didn't take his time to make it look pretty, he just sliced me open straight up and down and took the baby, cutting every stomach muscle I think I had! My own doctor said he would do his best to "repair" it for my second and then my third, however, I ended up having them naturally, so I'm stuck with the topographical map of the world on my stomach!! lol

Sophie's_Mommy
12-22-2008, 11:39 AM
dreid you are not a big person you are quite tiny actually..lol..you will get your stomach back to how it was it just takes time, with 2 little ones im sure they will keep you busy and fit,.lol..i know a girl who had 5 kids 1st was natural the other 4 were c section, i guess once you have a c section they always recommend for births after to have a c section, and 1 year after her last baby her stomach looks like she never even had a child. i still have a little bit of a belly from having my baby but it is going away and im gonna work on it this summer, i want to be 14o pounds by then just like before i got pregnant. ui got luck and have NO stretch marks...i could not believe it and neither can anyone who has seen my belly..good luck and im sure you will have your figure back and no more loose skin, just do some sit ups and ab works outs, worked for a women who had 5 kids soit should work for us too..lol.

Dragonfly
12-22-2008, 12:59 PM
lol thank u. I hope so. I unfortunately have alot of stretch marks lol so consider yourself lucky

Misschix
12-25-2008, 09:26 PM
I didnt have a c section but i had three children within 4 years...
I weighed 97 lbs before my first child after delivery i went to 110 lbs back to same size pants before pregnancy the day after delivery
Second child after delivery i was 120 lbs
Third child I ballooned...I still after 2 years not lost my tummy it is more skin then anything...i hate it..sit ups dont work and neither does dieting...i would have to have surgery so now im just accepting it

MissMuffett
12-26-2008, 09:40 PM
sometime this year im gonna talk to a plastic surgeon about my loose skin.. its pretty embarrasing and ugly.. ! I am tired of looking like i have a gunt!! :S

b&aMom
12-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Your body will change, from having kids (c section or not), age, etc. Get used to it. You may be able to tighten things up a bit, but you are only 20 once, and it's all downhill from there. LOL

I was 116 lbs, even after having two kids, one c section. Spent most of my life trying to gain weight. When I hit 40 a few years ago, WHOMP!!, you could just hear that abdominal fat come in for a landing. With no change in diet or exercise. Be prepared. You can't go back in time. I'd suggest working towards fitness, not what you want to look like. Some things you just won't be able to change without surgical intervention.

iluvchristian
01-07-2009, 11:59 AM
With "hanging skin" it also depends on your skins natural elasticity. The younger you are the more likely it is that it will eventually go back into place. Depending on how bad the damage it is.