PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my 360

Iverson3k
12-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Hey I am not sure if anyone here has fixed a 360 with the dreaded 3 red lights... But I am having nothing but problems with Microsoft on sending this POS out... So I am looking to see if anyone has fixed it themselves and would be able to lead me in the direction to which I would be able to fix it myself... I have seen many things on the internet... But has anyone here actually done it? All help is appreciated.

B.David
12-16-2008, 02:18 PM
R.I.P.

Madmax
12-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Come on Iverson of all ppl know about this stuff when it come sto MS and XBox 360's.

Send it back and pay them to fix it or if its under warranty. Then they will send you another REFURB back.

Iverson3k
12-16-2008, 07:59 PM
they would send me a new one... But if you were reading I havent recieved the box yet and have gotten tired of this ****... ANd no..... Im not getting a PS3.

Iverson3k
12-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Im on hold with them right now to even see where my Puralator box is... Its funny how my friend has his system sent off and on its way back... Meanwhile Im still waiting for my freakin box to arrive...
You never cease to amaze me Micro****s.

Haseo
12-16-2008, 08:24 PM
iverson3k have you tryed the towel trick or any other methods of fixing it, pm me if you can.

Ultra54
12-16-2008, 10:05 PM
Just went through all the same bull**** as you. Took 3 attempts, couldnt understand the first and second guy at all. Finally it turns out they werent sending me the box, I just had to print the label and send it away myself. They paid the shipping and the UPS guy said they get two 360's a day to send back every day at least. He told me he would never buy one and I must agree, to bad we have 10 games already for it. So like you, now I wait. I hate their phone system, once you get a claim started it is difficult to get a human on the phone.

Iverson3k
12-17-2008, 12:23 PM
I tried the towel trick but heard it can damage the video so I have never done it again.
With the customer support I called them yesterday and it ended up being that they werent able to process the repair order because they were updating their system... Which happened like four of the times I called them... Im am going to price thermal paste today but I doubt I will be able to find anything good in the Station Mall... Any other ideas?

B.David
12-17-2008, 12:37 PM
I'll buy another when my console bites the big one.. I've got 45 disc-based games and 20 Live Arcade games. I can't just give that up.

PacoSanchez15
12-18-2008, 10:50 AM
I was able to fix my first modded 360 using the x-clamp fix. It cost me about $20 worth of parts from Canadian Tire and thermal paste from Sonic Northern on Queen St. I wouldn't have attempted this myself if I hadn't already voided the warranty when I flashed it but since I had nothing to lose I gave it a shot. I ended up selling that one to a friend after it got banned from live but it's still working problem free and that was almost a year ago.

This seems like a good tutorial on how to do it, however it isn't the one i used.

http://xbox-experts.com/e/tutorial.php?n=hybrid

filthy
12-18-2008, 01:42 PM
The only XBOX 360 worth buying is the Elite, I have had mine for over a year, with solid play and never an issue. I haven't heard of Elites RRODing either.

mercifulpenguin
12-18-2008, 01:58 PM
ya most of the issues with the consoles were fixed with the elites, granted there are still some defects, there's a new chipset now too isnt there, the jasper or something?