PDA

View Full Version : Google

12-17-2008, 12:15 AM
The Wall Street Journal claims that Google is hoping to locate its servers alongside those of internet service providers' to speed up the delivery of its products and services to web users by creating a Google-only "fast lane" for its internet traffic.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechnology/technology/google/3795432/Google-accused-of-abandoning-net-neutrality-ideals.html

They want to create a "fast lane" running with all ISP's, so there product is faster!

OH NO, what is the world comming to?

Google has to DUMMY itself down, just to keep pace with those who can't keep up?

Hrmm, sounds familiar...

italiandomino
12-17-2008, 12:32 AM
Thats a real kick in the Ass

12-17-2008, 12:34 AM
I find it kind of weird, that one has to adapt to everyone else just because they can't make it?

Google can't progress, because others can't keep up!

official soonet pu$$ycat
12-17-2008, 12:38 AM
Well Anderson Silva is the best. There is nobody that can beat him because he is simply the best. When there are no more opponents left, all that is left is to lay back and enjoy the fact that you are the best.

12-17-2008, 12:39 AM
I concur.

But how would you feel if UFC said "Anderson, you have to be less good because you are out doing everyone else"

That would be unfair.

official soonet pu$$ycat
12-17-2008, 12:42 AM
I don't think Anderson would understand the question. But you do make a good point and I understand what you are saying.

\m/ Rich \m/
12-17-2008, 06:26 AM
I don't think Anderson would understand the question.

LOLOL! So True!

Barry Morris
12-17-2008, 08:44 AM
A general comment.

How fast does a computer need to be?? Press enter, take a sip of coffee, ready to go.

Man himself can only go so fast.

Go get another Timmies.

tired-n-cranky
12-17-2008, 09:54 AM
Talk about media confusion.

Google does not want to create a fast lane. They are HUGE net neutrality advocates.

What they want to do is co-locate servers at large ISP's to bring content closer to the users. This has been done by other companies in the past, and will continue to be done. Microsoft does it, Symantec does it, and so do lots of others.