PDA

View Full Version : And the Idiot Awards go to

BlueSky
12-20-2008, 09:20 AM
http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2008/12/galveston_false_arrest.php

It was a little before 8 at night when the breaker went out at Emily Milburn's home in Galveston. She was busy preparing her children for school the next day, so she asked her 12-year-old daughter, Dymond, to pop outside and turn the switch back on.

As Dymond headed toward the breaker, a blue van drove up and three men jumped out rushing toward her. One of them grabbed her saying, "You're a prostitute. You're coming with me."

Dymond grabbed onto a tree and started screaming, "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy....

Follow link for the rest of the story.

tippikitty
12-20-2008, 09:53 AM
Wow....that's about all I can say.

Sophie's_Mommy
12-20-2008, 12:20 PM
omg, that is not right at all, the father and daughter should not be charged at all, sad...

KDawg
12-20-2008, 12:41 PM
What is it that goes through a grown man's mind that says it's OK to kidnap and beat the crap out of 12 year old girl?

Nice to see police departments giving unstable criminals badges. Just what the public needs. :angry:

Super Gram
12-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Nothing like living in the USA especially if you are the wrong colour

bluekrissyspikes
12-20-2008, 12:49 PM
yup, those cops really do need an idiot award.

Anapeg
12-20-2008, 02:03 PM
Big Brother is alive and well in Houston Texas.

NewCasa
12-20-2008, 04:59 PM
"No question now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."
- George Orwell

I dunno - that just seems to fit the situation somehow.....

That and 'Who shall watch the watchers'

mags
12-21-2008, 07:28 AM
It is all most unbelievable. idiots doesn't begin to describe them.

Barry Morris
12-21-2008, 09:29 AM
Mistakes happen, but as stupid as the mistakes are, the absolute idiocy is the denial, and charges to a father and the girl after the fact.

This comment would be a good result:

"Those "lawmen" are probably lucky they didn't get shot kidnapping a young girl like that. I hope Dymond sues the City of Galveston for enough money to pay for 8 years at Harvard, so she can get a law degree and embark on a career of suing the pants off of cities that don't keep their police under control."

Ever notice that the "bad boys" shows show a lot of stuff from Texas??

Anapeg
12-21-2008, 11:02 AM
The real scary part is that crap such as that knows no boarders. It can and likely has happened here. The abuse of power and subsequent cover up go hand in hand. I give you the taser incident of a couple of weeks ago for proof of excessive force with a distinctly Canadian flavour.

42net1
12-21-2008, 05:05 PM
The real scary part is that crap such as that knows no boarders. It can and likely has happened here. The abuse of power and subsequent cover up go hand in hand. I give you the taser incident of a couple of weeks ago for proof of excessive force with a distinctly Canadian flavour.

The tazer incident is not comparable to this, this story is about three white strong men, physically trained to take down people larger then themselves and they are saying that they used excessive force to have to subdue a young black girl. This is the sickest load of BS i have ever heard. This case is 100% bonafide f'd up american in-bred & white supremacist heredity crap. Those kind of people are seriously messed up and they take their hate pretty seriously. Even the police force and judicial system is infected with these miserable low lives. Canada has it's share of prejudiced in bred pigs but I feel safe to say that our country's police force is much more intelligent and a little less prejudiced.

RWGR
12-21-2008, 05:12 PM
Canada has it's share of prejudiced in bred pigs but I feel safe to say that our country's police force is much more intelligent and a little less prejudiced.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2008/01/23/bc-victoria-police-tether-inquiry.html

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/6174/polbrutality2001.html

Limitations
12-21-2008, 05:22 PM
There is no justification for the poster who raised the issue in the Topic, to have addressed it, within a societal insulting choice of manner.

Ms. Marisa Belsito

42net1
12-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Yeah ok. What part of "a little less prejudiced" didn't you understand? I didn't say we were perfect. You can't argue the fact that there is much more racial discrimination / prejudicism in the United States. It happens in Canada but you don't see us Canadians making a big hooplah about it in public.

Barry Morris
12-21-2008, 06:27 PM
You can't run a Bad Boys TV show in Canada. There's not enough material.

42net1
12-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Good point!

Anapeg
12-21-2008, 08:21 PM
OK Bobo, this one needs clarification. The taser incident is NOT the same! I beg to differ. A large, fully armed RCMP, fully trained in all areas as the American cops, tasers a SLEEPING individual and you say it's not comparable? Then, please lay out the parameters so I can play too.

Barry Morris
12-21-2008, 08:44 PM
OK Bobo, this one needs clarification. The taser incident is NOT the same! I beg to differ. A large, fully armed RCMP, fully trained in all areas as the American cops, tasers a SLEEPING individual and you say it's not comparable? Then, please lay out the parameters so I can play too.

I'd say close. Cops who tase somebody sleeping should be fired like a gun.

But three plainclothes cops who tackle and injure a 12 year old girl are lucky to be alive, in my book.

RWGR
12-21-2008, 08:46 PM

Some people feel chronic unemployment and constant drunkenness is "bad".

BlueSky
12-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Man, you guys don't need RWGR. You do it to yourselves. You see my point that I've tried to make in other forums?
I did not mean this to be an anti-American thread, but you guys turned it into one, starting with Barry's comment. Good work boys.

Barry Morris
12-21-2008, 08:52 PM
I thought the cops who tased the sleeper were Canadians????

edit to say it ain't about americans, it's about stupidity.

Anapeg
12-21-2008, 08:58 PM
Whoa! Back up the bus. Where did I slam the U.S. If you read, I took a verbal swipe at the Houston constabulary and then the RCMP. At no time did I make a dig at the U.S.
Did the Houston police screw up, according to the report (assumed factual until proven other wise) absolutely and unequivocally yes. Was the government involved, not that I'm aware, although they do sometimes turn a blind eye.
My premise was it can and does happen here. Please don't tar me with the same stick, thanks in advance.

BlueSky
12-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Quote:

This case is 100% bonafide f'd up american in-bred & white supremacist heredity crap

You can't argue the fact that there is much more racial discrimination / prejudicism in the United States.

Anapeg, I didn't mean you.

Anapeg
12-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Coolieo! :smile:

Barry Morris
12-22-2008, 09:31 AM
Oh, brother!!

Huggy85
12-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Quote:

This case is 100% bonafide f'd up american in-bred & white supremacist heredity crap

You can't argue the fact that there is much more racial discrimination / prejudicism in the United States.

Anapeg, I didn't mean you.

You're pretty good at pointing out what appears to be US bashing to you. Did you at any time ever point out blatant Canada bashing. In all fairness shouldn't you do both?

Huggy85
12-22-2008, 10:05 AM
Who said Bluesky was fair?

no comment......

RWGR
12-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Anyone know what the last three posts have to do with the topic?