PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Cancun with transat....

someguy
12-20-2008, 06:44 PM
February 23rd?? Just wondering if anyone else is going??

mr ed
12-20-2008, 08:03 PM
we're going on the 9th of feb

kodak57
12-20-2008, 09:51 PM
is transat only going to mexico this year?

someguy
12-20-2008, 10:19 PM
No they are doing Cuba too

someguy
12-20-2008, 10:21 PM
www.nolitours.com

this is the website to book with them.

kodak57
12-21-2008, 10:48 AM
looks like i cant get to cuba from the soo with them,all mexico by the looks of it.

someguy
12-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Call Anna at Sellofvacations tomorrow and she will be able to help you out

Babzz
12-21-2008, 11:15 AM
I only wish

MaO3
12-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Cuba trips are available through sunwing.ca only going to Varadero, Mexico direct from here goes to Cancun.

We're going on the 23rd of March. :)

kodak57
12-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Cuba trips are available through sunwing.ca only going to Varadero, Mexico direct from here goes to Cancun.

yes i know but transat have bigger planes then sunwing from all the transat flights ive seen.

RWGR
12-21-2008, 08:47 PM
I post that I may be going, and it's deleted??

WHAT is so off topic about that?????

MaO3
12-21-2008, 09:28 PM
It appears that they are only flying to Cancun, Cuba is not an option on their Website for flights from the Soo.

verotik66
12-21-2008, 10:51 PM
looks like i cant get to cuba from the soo with them,all mexico by the looks of it.

sunwing.ca

Andre
12-22-2008, 11:56 AM
Why would you want to go to Mexico right now?
With all the shootings, murder, kidnapping, piracy, warlordism, assassination-for-hire, protection rackets, burglary, armed robbery...
and the fact that there is a major drug war going on.
Sure Cancun is rated as slightly safer than Acapulco right now but the cops are as corrupt as the gangsters and see you as a resource, the way a bear views a Coleman cooler.
Ah well if you're going just stay at your resort and lock yourselves in your rooms at night.

someguy
12-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Why would you want to go to Mexico right now?
With all the shootings, murder, kidnapping, piracy, warlordism, assassination-for-hire, protection rackets, burglary, armed robbery...
and the fact that there is a major drug war going on.
Sure Cancun is rated as slightly safer than Acapulco right now but the cops are as corrupt as the gangsters and see you as a resource, the way a bear views a Coleman cooler.
Ah well if you're going just stay at your resort and lock yourselves in your rooms at night.

Samll town SSM mentality at it's best.

It is all BS. I went 2 times last year and with 3 kids. We left the resort almost every day and we all came back alive. If yu go looking for trouble you will find it. If you mind your own business and be smart about things all is well and your vacation is an enjoyable one.

Cancun in my opinion is safer than wandering Gore Street at 2am.

SusyQ
12-22-2008, 12:00 PM
LOL that was funny.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
12-22-2008, 01:46 PM
Samll town SSM mentality at it's best.

It is all BS. I went 2 times last year and with 3 kids. We left the resort almost every day and we all came back alive. If yu go looking for trouble you will find it. If you mind your own business and be smart about things all is well and your vacation is an enjoyable one.

Cancun in my opinion is safer than wandering Gore Street at 2am.

I agree and isnt that the same Gore Street that some city councillor was saying that Gore Street was in the midst of a revitalization a few years ago. The only revitalization I would be looking for that street is a bulldozer. On another note I will not be going to any place like Mexico or Cuba since they are basically all the same and I will save up for a private jet to fly to Egypt in the next couple of years...

Huggy85
12-22-2008, 04:11 PM
It's tough. These guys announced these trips just before the economic slowdown and prior to everyone at Essar hearing about potential layoffs and cuts to hours. Bad break for them, but I think they'd be selling a lot more vacations without all the bad news. I hope they survive until things get better.