PDA

View Full Version : Why

tippikitty
12-23-2008, 11:07 AM
Why does everything always go wrong at Christmas?

Have a ton of things to do and I'm sick without a voice and now my truck won't start. Thought it was the battery acting up so bought a new one last night. Changed it this morning and it doesn't work at all now I think it's the starter.

Now seriously why me????

Sorry just had to ***** for a minute while I figure out how I'm going to do my running around.

RWGR
12-23-2008, 11:25 AM
You have shelter. You have food. Your biggest concern right now is a defective car battery and last-minute shopping perhaps.

Now click here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/710000/images/_711070_ethipoia150.jpg

Is it REALLY that bad??

And don't worry, we ALL do it. We have NO sense of perspective on how good we have it. Instead, we complain about things that are, in the end, incredibly unimportant.

Like I said, I do the same thing, way more than I should.

Peety
12-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Why does everything always go wrong at Christmas?

Have a ton of things to do and I'm sick without a voice and now my truck won't start. Thought it was the battery acting up so bought a new one last night. Changed it this morning and it doesn't work at all now I think it's the starter.

Now seriously why me????

Sorry just had to ***** for a minute while I figure out how I'm going to do my running around.

Can you call a friend? to go shopping with?

hp2
12-23-2008, 11:33 AM
might be the altonator aswell not charging thing... is it turning over at all?

Sweet Little Sister
12-23-2008, 11:36 AM
it's not just you tippy..
our starter went three weeks ago = 300.00
power steering belt and tensioner pulley last week = over 500.00

tippikitty
12-23-2008, 11:38 AM
My mom is going to come and get so I can get some stuff done. Gotta love mothers.

The truck wasn't turning over at all but now it was making a clicking sound.

hp2
12-23-2008, 11:41 AM
wounder if theres a bad ground on the battery post to the body.. or off the starter.. that will do it to.. make sure the black wire on battery is tight on the post.. your truck might be side post connections.. make sure its tight... but I myself would check all ground wires if yous just put a new battery in and its now clicking... or tap the starter with a rubber mallet maybe froze or sticking, but sounds like ground cable issue to start or frozen or sticking starter..... I remember one winter my husband and his brother decided they were going to take my truck in the bush in the fall and go swimming with it.. enough they had to dismantle the top end of the motor in the bush and get the water out.. had to remove heads etc.. and fire it to blow the water out... errrrrrrr well I told my husband time in and out to take the starter off and clean it out.. HE did not do it I remember the first cold snap of winter we had that yr... MY TRUCK WAS FROZE SOLID.. I Had to push it out the drive way down the hill to get it to turn and break the ice.. then once it started IT was good as the motor warmed things up and it was fine but as soon as it sat I was screwed again.. ONLY got the clicking noise.. LOL I pushed started my truck for prob a week for the first time in the day when I would go out.. thank god my drive way was on a hill.. LOL.. and it was standard well he finally took the starter off.. AND IT WAS WATER LOGGED from there little outting.. why it never dried out we have no clue but it dident...

BlueSky
12-23-2008, 11:43 AM
Take the bicycle. You never seem to get off that thing.

tippikitty
12-23-2008, 11:44 AM
My husband also thinks it's a wire and hopefully it's not a big deal. Called our mechanic which we were just there yesterday because the heater blew. He's going to come by this afternoon and take a look at it.

J*B
12-23-2008, 11:45 AM
I'm not sure that her bike has snow tires! :wink:

Punkin
12-23-2008, 02:59 PM
I feel your pain Tippi & hopefully things will get better for you!! Our furnace went Sunday and we're out of one until Monday.. Thank goodness for prompt service, friendly servicemen and little electric heaters! Merry Christmas :)

Anapeg
12-23-2008, 03:00 PM
PM and I'll swing by and see if I can help. I'm not great but my wife thinks I'm better than nothing. N/C

Karen-Annie
12-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Sounds like you need these so here they are........ ((((((((big,warm hugs)))))))):xyes:

tippikitty
12-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Aww thanks guys. I wish I wasn't sick it makes the holiday dreadful. I haven't been this sick in a long time so it figures it would happen at Christmas. Tonight I will be resting up for the big day tomorrow. I have our family dinner here tomorrow with everyone even the kids (yes I let my kids out during the holidays). :slol:

As far as the truck goes.....Apparently the battery we bought last night at CT was a dud! So hopefully the truck issue is fixed.

Thanks again guys and have a great Christmas.

nightingale
12-24-2008, 12:15 AM
hope you feel better soon Tippy!

tippikitty
12-24-2008, 09:05 AM
Awww NO I DON'T FEEL BETTER but thanks for asking. I can't even swallow my own saliva and my throat is closing, I haven't slept in 2 days so I'm going to the walk in this morning.

Someone please give me strength to make it through the next two days.

hp2
12-24-2008, 09:09 AM
sounds like strep throat.. OUCH..... good luck girl you will make it.. Ill come carry you if you want..

tippikitty
12-24-2008, 11:28 AM
I know you would hp! I just came back from the docs and I have a fever of 103 and have a throat and chest infection. My asthma is also acting up so I got antibiotics and a new puffer.

Hopefully I'll get through the next 2 days. Why did we have to have Christmas at my house? :(