PDA

View Full Version : SO i guess i take the hint...

Giggle Squirt
12-25-2008, 01:43 AM
So this christmas... cooking for 23 people... i am not the cooking type. my grandmother voluntold me to host christmas dinner this year LOL. never in my life have i cooked for so many people. i got a crock pot for christmas and from a totally different person i got a recipie card thingie!!! SO in the new year i will be cooking alot more then i have been!!!! I am so pumped about this crock pot. I have never used one to it's full extent. I don't think that throwing watter in it and then putting a roast in one counts as cooking LOL.. then getting fed up because it is taking to long and then take it out and throw it in the oven. Well... maybe i will cook so much i will open up a new restaurant!!!

BlueSky
12-25-2008, 08:19 AM
Crock pots are so convenient.. and the slow method makes the meat fall-off-the-bone-tender! We love using our crock pot.

Limitations
12-25-2008, 10:06 AM
Correction(s)

QUOTE=giggle

So this christmas... cooking for 23 people... i am not the cooking type. my grandmother voluntold me to host christmas dinner this year LOL. never in my life have i cooked for so many people. i got a crock pot for christmas and from a totally different person i got a recipie card thingie!!! SO in the new year i will be cooking alot more then i have been!!!! I am so pumped about this crock pot. I have never used one to it's full extent. I don't think that throwing watter in it and then putting a roast in one counts as cooking LOL.. then getting fed up because it is taking to long and then take it out and throw it in the oven. Well... maybe i will cook so much i will open up a new restaurant!!!

RESPONSE

The following is in the event that you do not understand that you have CHOICES.

In case you do and are playing a blame game, I know that the following is still relevant not only to yours, yet, also to numbers of other situations involving matters, commonly, described with the word, "FAMILY" .

Tyranny issues are not only problems in POLITICS or MEDIA.

You do have true Rights and Freedoms.

In the Genuine Spirit of Societal Justice and Sincere Goodwill
Ms. Marisa Belsito

RWGR
12-25-2008, 12:02 PM
What a bunch of crock

Barney Rubble
12-25-2008, 01:40 PM
crock pots are a bachelor's best friend u know!

Peety
12-25-2008, 01:52 PM
I love mine.

IMHO
12-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Next year we are going to find a nice restarant that will serve us xmas dinner. This is NUTS.

rmkryan
12-25-2008, 09:09 PM
well we survived everyone in our house and her turkey fell apart it was cooked so good and tender and juicy and omg... dinner was amazing.. with enough desserts and artery cloging goodness.

Misschix
12-26-2008, 12:06 AM
just do the holiday inn brunch .....11am or 1am....u need to book now for next year...

it is an amazing buffet......you wont need xmas dinner

tippikitty
12-26-2008, 10:36 AM
We actually went to the brunch at 3pm and it was great. So I had a omelet for Christmas dinner. lol

tasma
12-26-2008, 10:41 AM
I'm hosting New Years dinner for my family this year! It ought to be interesting. I do Christmas eve for my husbands family.

gouligann
12-27-2008, 08:20 AM
Holiday Inn is changing hands isn't it? I think their lease is up this year, so I wonder if the new owners will take over with a Christmas buffet? Anyone know?

rmkryan
01-01-2009, 01:52 PM
She's using the crock pot today... guess we will see if she should opem up a restraunt!

Sweet Little Sister
01-01-2009, 04:06 PM
whats she making?
i haven't cooked a roast in the oven for years..ham and scalloped pototes is another from the crock around here.

rmkryan
01-01-2009, 08:36 PM
She made turkey stew. It was good!