PDA

View Full Version : Ufc 92

Jack Butler
12-26-2008, 11:54 AM
Is this Saturday!
Great card....nice way to end the year.
Rashad Evans vs Forrest Griffin is the main event.
I like Evans in a TKO early......?
Mir vs Nogueira could be fight of the night.
Nogueira with my head, Mir with my heart, so...
Jackson vs Silva III.
Jackson by KO in the third.
I haven't done too well lately, so just bet against me and you should be fine!

RWGR
12-26-2008, 12:06 PM
No doubt...

Upper Decker
12-26-2008, 01:09 PM
Id put my money the same way as you, cept i think silva is gonna whoop jacksons ass. This one looks good enough i may actually pay to watch it lol

Shaggy
12-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Rashad and Forrest is a coin flip, I think. I don't think Forrest is going to leave himself open for the big KO like Chuck did and his ground game is good enough to hold Rashad off, so I'm guessing Forrest will grind out a decision.

Ju-Jitsu is probably a wash, but Nogueira's stand-up is way, way better than Mirs. I would say conditioning would go in Nog's favour, too. I think Nog will stun him on his feet, and then finish him off with a submission.

Silva showed flashes of his old self against Jardine - finally everyone that hasn't watched Pride got to see why his nickname is "The Axe Murderer". His fight with Chuck proved he can still take ,and give, a punch (and then some). I think that same guy is going to show up against Jackson. Of course Jackson has improved alot since they last met, so this should be a great fight. I think Silva just has Jackson's number and will knock him out again, but I certainly wouldn't bet money on it.

Regardless of who wins, I think we are in for a treat tomorrow night. This card is stacked!

Upper Decker
12-28-2008, 12:26 AM
well so far its been pretty good, evans knocked him the hell out like i said. Mir put on an amazing performance like he did back in the day. Have to give credit to jackson for that sniper shot he gave silva

Shaggy
12-28-2008, 03:06 AM
Wow, 0 for 3. Rashad's win was disappointing, but not really a suprise. Same thing for the Rampage victory over Silva. Both guys fought great fights and earned their wins.

Mir's win over Nog was another story. I was suprised to say the least watching how much Mir has developed his striking. That was by far the best Mir has fought since his accident, possibly the best he's fought in his entire career. Hats off to Frank Mir for a great performance.

Jack Butler
12-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Well, well......great night of fights
In the fight of the night, Evans wins the title with a 3rd round TKO over Griffin.
Griffin looked good early, but Evans ground and pound was the difference.
In the knockout of the night, Jackson KO Silva in the 1st round.
Silva got stretched out like his feet were nailed to the floor.
Silva will never be the same as he has been KOed 3 times now in 2 years.
Mir looked his best ever, with a TKO win over Nogueira.
My pick for fight of the night, Mir was awesome.
I pick Mir over Lesnar when they fight next year.
Confidence and hand speed like never before, Mir was at his best......ever!

http://www.mmaweekly.com/index.asp