PDA

View Full Version : Flu from Santa

Daiv
12-27-2008, 11:22 AM
This is more of a Health & Wellness question, but I thought it would get more views here.

Did anybody else get some weird bug from Santa?

All of my sisters (except the one who lives out west) and myself were sick. Some had diarrhea, some were puking, some had severe body pains (like it hurt to walk up the stairs).

My niece and nephew were also both sick and so is my brother-in-law.

We all got sick on Boxing Day and my brother-in-law had to work Christmas Day and wasn't at Christmas Dinner, so it can't be anything that was in the food (plus my mom and step-dad and Grandma didn't get it).

Just wondering if anybody else had this or if was just that my family was really bad this year??

lynys
12-27-2008, 11:51 AM
I've been sick for a few weeks now. I blame it on being worn down and not getting much rest.

For me, it has been a cold with lung issues. Just wheeziness at times. There are some days that I feel great with no problems, and some (like yesterday and today) where I wake up feeling like I have been bulldozed over.

This was no gift from Santa. LOL

b&aMom
12-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Yes, it's really widespread this year. I've been nauseous, off and on, since early November, as have my mother and father. My grandfather has the diahrea (sp?) really bad right now, we're concerned about dehydration. My daughter has hit the bathroom for days with it, but is quite functional. My aunt had it so bad they were checking all her innards at the hospital. It hangs on a quite a while.

I believe this is a noro-virus...like Norwalk (previously known as the stomach flu), the one that has been hitting people on cruises for the last several years. England had it so bad back in November-ish that it was overwhelming it's hospitals.

Wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands. This virus doesn't seem to allow you to build an immunity to it for very long, if at all...unlike an influenza virus, which is why you can get shots for that, unlike Noro viruses. You can re-infect yourself, or your family members can re-infect you. Make sure the bathroom is disinfected well, door****s, and all other hard surfaces, too. Don't forget your phone, remotes, and keyboard/mouse. And bleach undies if you don't normally, especially if you hang to dry. Don't know if all dryers get hot enough to kill this sucker off. Change your pillow cases daily, sheets more often than usual, as well. Bleach 'em if possible.

And again, wash those damned hands.

Door****s is censored??? Ok. Door handles. Geeze.

verotik66
12-27-2008, 06:17 PM
yeah this made its rounds about a month and a half ago say thanks to santa that you caught up to the rest

NativeMomma
12-27-2008, 07:36 PM
My girls have been sick since the 22th...so christmas was pretty quiet around here...btw..i hope you all have a wonderful christmas and are ready to ring in the New Year

Lollypop
12-27-2008, 11:29 PM
I feel horrible with this friggen cold. Nothing gastro, just runny nose, sore throat and a fever off and on. Plus the stress of getting hubby home and then back to work, sure didn't help.
Its true though, wash your hands.

Babzz
12-28-2008, 02:56 AM
my son has it too..
fever, headache, deep chest cough and no appetite

Daiv
12-28-2008, 04:56 PM
It sounds like you guys all have something different. Ouch, though! I hope you're all feeling better soon!

All of us were just sick for 24-hours. I found out after that my fiancée's mom, sisters, and niece were also sick the same way we were.

I was absolutely fine yesterday, though. Was a bit nervous to eat in the morning, but I had a wedding to go to last night and was not sick at all.

I had that cold, though, too. I had it at Thanksgiving and then another one hit me at the end of November. I still have the cough, but it's slowly getting better.

Hopefully that's it now! I want to be healthy for 2009!

tippikitty
12-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Welcome to my world people :slol: I've been sick for 7 days and I'm just starting to feel better today. Hubby was sick with just a 24 hour flu yesterday, which sucked for him cause it was his birthday and he had to spend it in bed. :( Poor guy!

Hope all is on a road to recovery cause it really does SUCK being sick at this time of year!!!!

MissMuffett
01-02-2009, 11:16 PM
everyone in my house has been sick since dec 24th .. :S ughhh

Babzz
01-03-2009, 01:02 AM
I have it too now :(