PDA

View Full Version : were any of you brave enough?

Giggle Squirt
12-27-2008, 07:37 PM
So did anyone here go boxing day shopping? How were the stores. any amazing deals? I have not been shopping after christmas ever. I did have to go to future shop today after work to get my sister a router. Wishing i never went.. :(

Chaotic Chick
12-27-2008, 07:40 PM
The deals were not all that great, and the mall was HORRIBLE. People are so rude, just ramming their carts into people (mostly into me), and taking up the whole aisle then telling me to f off when I say, "Excuse me". Ugh.

shadowjak
12-27-2008, 08:16 PM
Up at 3:45 and went to future shop,lots of good deals.

b&aMom
12-27-2008, 09:43 PM
DH and kids went to Futureshop and EB Games (Grt Northern), both packed, and lines very slow. Don't know about the deals...they went with specific Wii and Playstation lists.

I went to Fabricland (empty) and Walmart, shopping for Christmas fabric. Both had good sales on fabric, at least 50% off. Walmart was very busy, and the express line was very long, but it moved really fast.

smokey_canada
12-27-2008, 09:51 PM
I went at seven after the nightshift and wally world wasn't to bad and futureshop wasn't to busy because people never read the ad right but ran back up after to get another 2 gig memory at around 930 and the place was wild going home around 830 CT must have had afew hundred people waiting outside there doors but todo the mall that would be nuts.

GRUMPY
12-27-2008, 10:27 PM
The deals were not all that great, and the mall was HORRIBLE. People are so rude, just ramming their carts into people (mostly into me), and taking up the whole aisle then telling me to f off when I say, "Excuse me". Ugh.

I had that happen to me a few years back where I was told to F off after asking nicely if I could get through. Too bad that the "lady" didn't know my rules, as its ask nicely once then watch out, I must have put a bruise in her that took a month to get out. Funny that somebody with such a foul mouth sure squealed like a pig when I made contact. That happens to be my pet peeve, these morons with their shopping carts as they have to think about it before hand to pick the worst possible spot to park them and then to wander off to God knows where. So the next time you are out shopping and you wander away and you see your carte speeding by at warp speed don't get concerned its just me making way for the rest of the shoppers.

sereenie
12-27-2008, 10:29 PM
i did :) wal mart was busy..future shop, wow it was packed but i was in and out of there as fast as my money was spent LOL..but i found this year sucked...

Chaotic Chick
12-27-2008, 10:41 PM
I had that happen to me a few years back where I was told to F off after asking nicely if I could get through. Too bad that the "lady" didn't know my rules, as its ask nicely once then watch out, I must have put a bruise in her that took a month to get out. Funny that somebody with such a foul mouth sure squealed like a pig when I made contact. That happens to be my pet peeve, these morons with their shopping carts as they have to think about it before hand to pick the worst possible spot to park them and then to wander off to God knows where. So the next time you are out shopping and you wander away and you see your carte speeding by at warp speed don't get concerned its just me making way for the rest of the shoppers.

I knew it was not going to be fun at the mall, but I had promised my 12 year old I would take her shopping for clothes today. I was just surprised how rude people are! Blocking the aisles wth carts is ridiculous and a person should not have to say, "Excuse me" more than once. I have little patience in stores because of those people. I am always aware of the people around me, and make it a point not to block anything. It is not such a difficult concept, is it? lol

GRUMPY
12-27-2008, 10:43 PM
It has for a while now thats why I couldn't care less if the stores were open Boxing Day or not as "most" stores just put the crap on sale that they couldn't sell the rest of the year.Besides you can get better deals shopping on line,without putting up with the animal acts.

IMHO
12-27-2008, 10:52 PM
I am going to buy a new 46 inch samsung BUT WILL WAIT TIL FEB. i THINK THE PRICES WILL BE EVEN LOWER BY THEN. Anyone agree?

sereenie
12-27-2008, 11:00 PM
I am going to buy a new 46 inch samsung BUT WILL WAIT TIL FEB. i THINK THE PRICES WILL BE EVEN LOWER BY THEN. Anyone agree?

omg u sound just like my mom LOL.

wait till febuary everything will be cheap. save ur money LOL..

Macs II
12-27-2008, 11:07 PM

I wouldn't waste my money on TV ....there's nothing I wanna watch

WingNut
12-27-2008, 11:23 PM

Yep, I saw that happen with my own eyes at Costco, zing, Grumper pushed the cart 4 aisles over with one push

everywoman
12-27-2008, 11:25 PM

I like the way you think.

Super Gram
12-28-2008, 04:10 AM
Sorry you had to get up so early shadowjack. I shop online at future shop. Online has a lot more of everything and you can shop one day ealier..........love it.

tasma
12-28-2008, 07:04 AM
But standing in lines is nostalgic to the old days. Just like buying tickets to a concert, That is just the way its done. I don't mind you, I buy my tickets on line and laugh at the ones that are freezing their butts off but hey....to each their own!

verotik66
12-28-2008, 08:37 AM

awe i miss ramming my cart into people, i guess i should have went

verotik66
12-28-2008, 08:38 AM

yes when the stores are empty for the next month there will be a new round of boxing day sales lol

b&aMom
12-28-2008, 09:37 AM
Yep. Normally I'd say the best prices will be now. This year, however, I think 'round February there should be some good Going Out Of Business sales. Just when no one has any money to spend, and before the tax refunds start rolling in.

Yes, I am a pessimist. LOL

GRUMPY
12-28-2008, 12:20 PM

I'd checkout other brands first, my parents have a Panisonic and the picture quality is A1.

H.E. Pennypacker
12-28-2008, 12:32 PM
samsung and sony and sharp are currently number one in the lcd tv markets, no particular order.

lynys
12-28-2008, 12:40 PM
WE just bought a Samsung and we love it. Was the best picture out of the other brands we saw side by side.

tired-n-cranky
12-28-2008, 01:10 PM
Went to the mall shortly after opening time. Hardly busy by and definition of the word. The sears end was a lot busier than the zellers end.

I went to HMV and got LittleBigPlanet for the PS3 for $29.99 , it was %50 off for boxing day.

Ultra54
12-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Up at 3:45 and went to future shop,lots of good deals.
Not many deals on earth worth that.

H.E. Pennypacker
12-28-2008, 02:46 PM
i just went to futureshops online boxing day sale...saves from standing in line.

GRUMPY
12-28-2008, 03:08 PM
For the life of me I'll never understand why in the world would anyone stand in line in the Soo for a Boxing Day "sale" when you can go on the web and actually get some great deals.

Barry Morris
12-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Because dealing with problems on web sold products is a pain.

BTDT.

GRUMPY
12-28-2008, 03:21 PM
True but then so canm dealing with stores in town.

Barry Morris
12-28-2008, 03:29 PM
I find that whacking the defective part on the counter is much easier with a local supplier!!!!

Helps to use a loud voice, too, at a busy time of day, and ask for the manager, and head office's number if applicable. And hanging around, and making yourself comfortable.

You can't even find a phone number, or location with some web based stuff. Don't get me wrong, I buy off the web, but in EVERY case, I've tried to source locally first.

kitty&mimi
12-28-2008, 03:57 PM
WE just bought a Samsung and we love it. Was the best picture out of the other brands we saw side by side.

we got one too :)
52 inch
i dont really need my glasses anymore