PDA

View Full Version : New Year resolutions

Macs II
12-28-2008, 12:11 AM
Are you going to make any? and if you are ...how long you think it will really last ? :tongue:

BlueSky
12-28-2008, 12:22 AM
I will not make any New Year's resolutions this year.

everywoman
12-28-2008, 12:23 AM
I always resolve, each and every day....to love as much as I can. And to let those whom I love, know it.

IMHO
12-28-2008, 12:24 AM
I resolve not to make resoultions i never keep anyways. I do plan to try that new exercise phenomena that is sweeping the nation...A GOOD BRISK SIT.

Hermit
12-28-2008, 01:26 AM
New Years Resolutions are like Santa Claus.....over done, over-used, tiresome, and ultimately done for (dated). That stuff is old.

New Years today means more presents, more food, more fun, more booze, more drugs, more partying, more bars, more drinking, more shopping (return Xmas gifts), more money and of course......more sanity.

New Years Eve and New Years Day are part of a by-gone era.

Jackie B
12-28-2008, 01:42 AM
I always make the same resolution, every year, and fail miserably within a week. :( Just to be more organized, more self disciplined, and to go to bed earlier and wake up earlier. They all tie in together, but no matter how much I want them, I just can't seem to do it.

Hermit
12-28-2008, 02:00 AM
Guilt is a wasted emotion (so says the 'new' generation). So why bother making a resolution? You, and everyone else, will fail....and feel guilty.

We teach our kids about "Santa Claus". A fake.
We teach our kids about "New Years Resolutions". Another fake.

The next generation will be teaching their own children about "Credit" and a new guy called the "Ipod can man".

Making New Years Resolutions and failing doesn't teach. It only re-inforces the negative.

So stop doing it. Stop using the term. Stop making it a 'holiday'.

italiandomino
12-28-2008, 02:21 AM
I resolve to behave myself on soonet :)

Giggle Squirt
12-28-2008, 02:26 AM
i think the only reason that new years day is a "holiday" is to save stores form having to be closed anyways because everyone calls in sick or "hungover" yep that is the only reason it is a holiday... just think about the perks you get from being employed... you get a paid day to hug the porcelin throne.

Hermit
12-28-2008, 03:14 AM
Porcelin? Are you rich or what!

My "crapper" is plastic. Much harder to clean :omg:

If I was as rich as you I'd hire some domestic help.

In the meantime, you should stick to your New Years resolution. :tongue:

12-28-2008, 08:44 PM
2007 New years resolution was to quit smoking in 2008. - It took me untill August 25th 2008, but i've been sober since!!! LOL

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
12-28-2008, 08:48 PM

We are talking about resolutions, not miracles lol....

Sunshine19
12-28-2008, 10:08 PM

ya that'll last long

GoldDogs
12-28-2008, 10:12 PM
I always make the same resolution, every year, and fail miserably within a week. :( Just to be more organized, more self disciplined, and to go to bed earlier and wake up earlier. They all tie in together, but no matter how much I want them, I just can't seem to do it.

That is MINE too! Although this is my first year attempting it. My sister asked why I just don't start today and I said I couldn't because it would ruin everything. I have to start on the very 1st of the brand new year! I am hoping to keep it because I need to live and not sleep my life away anymore. We can do it!

GoldDogs
12-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Resolutions aren't negative. If you fail, you fail. Failures only make you stronger - and possibly work harder next time. People who fail at their resolutions are the ones who expect to much of themselves.

"I'll lose 30 lbs by february and keep it off all year! - even though I've never practiced weight loss before in a serious way"

"I won't ever eat junk again"

"I'll get A's on every assignment!"

Those are just asking for failure. But the resolutions that make you try to do something aren't bad.

"I will try to wake up before 10am every day"

"I will try to quit smoking by 5 months"

"I will turn the lights off when I leave the house"

"I will recycle"

How are those things so negative? Who cares if you make an oops every once in a while. The point is that is a new year, and a new beginning for some people. Just because you don't believe in anything and don't know how to set goals you don't have to ruin it for others. A new years resolutions means you have got the whole NEW year to work on something to better yourself, your quality of life, or someone else's quality of life.

And by the way... let the kids believe in the man who leaves them presents once a year. ONCE a year, let the kids get SOO excited they can't sit still, they can't stop chattering! The one time a year when the Sears Wishbook is the BEST book in the whole world because "Santa is going to bring me THAT". Once a year...

8th
12-28-2008, 10:29 PM
I made a resolution years ago not to make anymore new year resolutions,it's the only one I've ever kept!:smile:

tippikitty
12-28-2008, 11:29 PM
I'm going to "try" and cut back on my potty mouth. :)

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
12-28-2008, 11:31 PM
OIC....

tippikitty
12-28-2008, 11:32 PM
It's worth a shot, doubt it'll happen but you never know. :slol:

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
12-28-2008, 11:38 PM
A Taser will help you with your endeavor..

tippikitty
12-28-2008, 11:40 PM
Got one I can borrow?

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
12-28-2008, 11:41 PM
No, thats the only way I can put up with people lol

tippikitty
12-28-2008, 11:44 PM
:slol: Well if you ever find another one let me know eh?

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
12-28-2008, 11:44 PM
One word EBAY lol

tippikitty
12-28-2008, 11:47 PM
:slol: I'm going to go look right now!

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
12-28-2008, 11:50 PM
Make sure you get one that is colorful so you can zap the $hit out of someone in style lol

http://www.taser.com/products/consumers/Pages/C2.aspx

tippikitty
12-28-2008, 11:52 PM
OMG did you see the leopard one???? I'm so in.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
12-28-2008, 11:54 PM
I can see the sootoday headline now. "600 people tasered by crazed woman in past week" lol

tippikitty
12-29-2008, 12:00 AM
Hey I can't help if my so called friends and people in general suck....they deserve what they get. :slol:

italiandomino
12-29-2008, 12:02 AM
I can see the sootoday headline now. "600 people tasered by crazed woman in past week" lol

i am first on her list lol

tippikitty
12-29-2008, 12:03 AM
Actually your not. You're way further down the list than some people on soonet. :slol:

Peety
12-29-2008, 12:03 AM
Hey I can't help if my so called friends and people in general suck....they deserve what they get. :slol:

Good thing I am not your friend!!!:omg:

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
12-29-2008, 12:05 AM
I am first on everyone's list lol

tippikitty
12-29-2008, 12:05 AM
Yeah peety you're safe. ;)

hp2
12-29-2008, 05:47 AM
My resolution this yr which was thought of back in sept after becoming frustrated was to get my little man potty trained.. well after trying back in sept and becoming frustrated I let it go... then come Oct.. I got up one morning and I explained to him he understood what I was say and I told him you are old enough you hide when you pee and poop in your diaper you know what you are doing and I'M not bying anymore diapers and as of today you are diaper free.. this was 7 weeks ago Friday.. and BAM... HES been 7 weeks diaper free.. did not have any accidents after 2 weeks and no pees through the night.. IF he has to he gets up.... that was my resolution and I succeeded.. so I'M Really happy and not spending 60 bux a month on diapers....

My second is try to loose some weight... and get into some type fitness thing.... I don't like that I can feel my body getting weaker do to weight gain... errrrrrrr

italiandomino
12-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Actually your not. You're way further down the list than some people on soonet. :slol:

but I am still on the list lol

tippikitty
12-29-2008, 10:16 AM
:slol: don't feel bad, everyone's on the list. It's just a matter of where on the list. ;)

adigirl
12-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Guilt is a wasted emotion (so says the 'new' generation). So why bother making a resolution? You, and everyone else, will fail....and feel guilty.

We teach our kids about "Santa Claus". A fake.
We teach our kids about "New Years Resolutions". Another fake.

The next generation will be teaching their own children about "Credit" and a new guy called the "Ipod can man".

Making New Years Resolutions and failing doesn't teach. It only re-inforces the negative.

So stop doing it. Stop using the term. Stop making it a 'holiday'.

LOL You need to be visited by three spirits.

There is nothing wrong with kids believing in Santa. If you know the history and teach it to your children, he was a wonderful Saint or a man of sweet charity.

Jesus is not the only reason for the season. Not everyone believes in God. But, the holiday is about sharing, giving to others, and spending time with those closest to you. It's about charity of heart, soul and mind.

As for New Years resolutions, they should be taught to children. All it is is goal setting. A great skill everyone needs. Teach children to set realistic goals (cleaning their room once a month, or straightening it once a week...volunteering twice in the year for one day...etc). It is up to the parent to teach a child when their goals are unrealistic (I will be nice everyday to my sibling, I will always be kind, I will walk the dog everyday in rain, sleet or snow). Then teach them the organization skills they need to make it happen.

The important thing to remember is that if you make a resolution for yourself (and you have kids), make sure you practice what you preach. Don't set unrealistic goals and have a plan on how to reach your realistic ones. For example, I will loose 20 pounds by 2010. I will do it by switching to diet soda, using lower calorie spreads and excercising once a week.

Hermit, you should like a miserable old fart. Life is what you make of it and you have no control over other people's choices or outcomes.

Slow
12-29-2008, 10:37 AM
I want to gain weight, drink more, and use more sick days at work.

adigirl
12-29-2008, 10:39 AM
All do-able! lol

MaO3
12-29-2008, 10:52 AM
My Resolution is to be healthier. Of course like most women I'd like to loose a couple of pounds but most of all I just want to feel healthy, more fit.