PDA

View Full Version : Do not order online , as seen on Oprah, Acaiaslim or bromalite

Knit1
12-30-2008, 02:16 PM
I saw the ad on facebook, for an item I had seen on Orah.
This stuff is supposed to work! Stupid me!!!!!

You get for the cost of shipping, 6.00 or something like that. A 14 day free sample.
You get two products within 1 order for 6.00 each. It takes 14 days to arrive, but if you do NOT cancel ( with each company individually) with in 10 days, they bill you 76.00 for each sample plus 76.00 for next months supply . Plus for each item, they give you a FREE membership to Fitfactory.com which they bill you 25.00 for, for each item you have order. ( 2 for me) if you dont' call this company that you are unaware of (fitfactory) and cancel with in 10 days they bill you. ( why do I need two memberships to the same website? I must have 2 personalities)

So in one phone call, I ordered two free 14 day samples.
Was billed before it arrived 76.00 four times ( each item twice for nov and dec) plus 25.00 four times for fitfactory.

All for a free sample of something as seen on oprah. What a scam.

They will not refund if you do not call back in the time they say. They said they have small print when ordering. I Called my order in as I wont put my credit card online. I was never told of small print.

I fought with them, told a white lie. I told them i was in the hospital from Alergic reaction and was considering starting a law suit and was going to post pictures of my reaction online. They finally refunded me. Each company was extremely difficult to deal with.

BlueSky
12-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Why give your credit card number out for a free sample??

Knit1
12-30-2008, 02:29 PM
You pay 6.00 for shipping

mr ed
12-30-2008, 06:27 PM
so surprising oprahs rich eh?

Super Gram
12-31-2008, 10:30 AM
I sure as heck would send a very srong e mail to Oprahs website and the stattion she is on.Tell them you were thinking of suing.

Jackie B
01-13-2009, 11:58 AM
I panicked after reading tis, because I orfdered the free sample as well. It must have been a different company though, because I was charged $5.04 shipping, and when I called to cancel because I had only otten it a couple of days before and hadn't really had a chance to try it, they offered me another trial bottle and bumped my cancel date for another 3 weeks. Then I did cancel after the three weeks, and didn't have any troubles. The had already charged me once for a regular bottle but I reminded her I was given until Jan 6th to cancel, and it was the 5th. So she reversed the charges and stopped the shipping. I guess I will have to wait until my credit card bill comes in, but I'm pretty sure she did it. I got her name and reference# as well.

Knit1
01-13-2009, 01:33 PM
Jackie, you better call fitfac (search it online) and ensure they have not set up an account for you. They will NOT refund you if you wait for a credit card statement.
Trust me on this.

Knit1
01-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Oprah now says she is not affiliated with this company in a small spot on her website. However there are several websites and videos of her promoting it.
It does not work, it is all a scam.

Saultitis
01-13-2009, 02:40 PM
As the saying goes.... If it sounds too good be to true, it probably isn't true. I too ordered the product, but cancelled further shipments before I even received the sample. The woman then told me they could give me a longer trial period but I just cancelled to avoid any problems. The phone number to call to cancel was a long wait also.... probably another trick to keep you from cancelling.