PDA

View Full Version : Baby Swings

Flawless Disaster
01-06-2009, 01:09 PM
I have a question. I have a young baby boy who is nearing the 18 lb mark. I have a baby swing that me and my g/f usually use to put him to sleep either for a nap or for the night. I am missing the instructions for the swing set and need to know if there is any weight restrictions. If my baby weighs too much for the swing to operate safely, I'll tear it down. I tried searching google but couldnt find anything concrete. The make of the swing is Graco.

EyelashExtensions
01-06-2009, 01:13 PM
I googled it and found 25lbs

EyelashExtensions
01-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Another one says 30 lbs.

Here are a bunch of different types maybe you can find the one you have on there.

http://www.bizrate.com/search__keyword--rainforest+swing+weight+limit.html

Flawless Disaster
01-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the help. I noticed one day that my boy decided to lean forward which encouraged the "swinging motion". Its a 6 speed swing and I usually put it on the 3rd or 4th speed. When I looked over, it looked like he was on the 6th speed. The thing was going at full tilt so to speak.

chase_me
01-06-2009, 01:58 PM
generally the weight limt on a swing is 25 lbs although you will know before that if the baby needs to come out or not.

Sophie's_Mommy
01-06-2009, 02:07 PM
i have a rainforest swing and it says that it hold up to 25 pounds and i have a highchair/swing and it holds up to 28 pounds..but usually you ll know cause the swing wont move it they are too heavy..lol.

Flawless Disaster
01-06-2009, 04:41 PM
lol.....well I asked my son's doctor today and she suggested that since he is trying to sit up more that its time to tear it down.

Sweet Little Sister
01-06-2009, 06:33 PM
good idea. i took mine down when my daughter leaned forward while swinging and the back legs lifted off the ground. lol

Flawless Disaster
01-06-2009, 06:42 PM
good idea. i took mine down when my daughter leaned forward while swinging and the back legs lifted off the ground. lol

lol it didnt get that bad but the swing looked like it was gonna loop around lol