PDA

View Full Version : U.N. suspends aid work in Gaza

Hans
01-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Israeli forces fired on a U.N. aid convoy Thursday in Gaza, killing two aid workers, during a three-hour truce that Israel set up to allow humanitarian aid to reach civilians, U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said.

The Red Cross said Thursday that Israeli forces also fired on one of its convoys in Gaza but no one was hurt.

Israeli artillery and missiles have struck three U.N. schools in Gaza this week. More than 40 civilians were killed in a strike Tuesday on a U.N. school in Jabalya that was being used as a shelter. Three people were killed in airstrike Monday on a school shelter in Gaza City.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/01/08/israel.gaza/index.html

Let's see someone trying to defend Israel on this one and blame it on Hamas.

Slow
01-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Of course it cannot be defended, and Israel should be condemned for THIS move, even if it was a mistake.

Now, isn't that nice that the supporters of Israel can condemn Israel, even when she makes a mistake, but NOT ONE of you Hamas supporters have stepped up to condemn Hamas for storing rockets in mosques, on purpose, to put innocents in harms way, all in hopes of avoiding Israeli strikes.

Quite telling.

Hans
01-08-2009, 05:41 PM
And if you read the article above, you will notice someone fervently denied that any Hamas militants were inside that bombed school.

As I explained yesterday, it's hard to get proper information out when the media is blacked out.

Anapeg
01-08-2009, 10:15 PM
I have not defended Israel's response to the Hamas attacks. I have merely pointed out that they (the Israelis) where not the aggressors. They simply responded initially in kind. Israel is guilty of escalating the attacks and to some extent over reacting but they were attacked first. Their response may lack finesse but it IS a response.

If you initiate aggression then look surprised while you wipe away the blood, does that make you innocent? If you should strike me I will retaliate and while I'm at it, make damn sure you can't get up and do it again.

Slow
01-09-2009, 12:44 PM
And if you read the article above, you will notice SOMEONE fervently denied ....

I rest my case.

Hans
01-09-2009, 02:17 PM
My opinion is mine, what's yours?

Hans
01-09-2009, 02:41 PM
That's not to much then.

Hans
01-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Here's an excellent post about how to form an opinion.

http://www.wikihow.com/Form-an-Opinion

Barry Morris
01-09-2009, 03:15 PM
...Delude yourself as you see fit my man. I've come to terms with mine, and everyone's formulaic compositions.

So you have your own formula?? :) :) :)

Barry Morris
01-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Ah.

Did you know there are different types of math?? :) :) :)