PDA

View Full Version : Eye exam

chase_me
01-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Anyone know of a good place to go for an eye exam, also i am hoping to only spend 50 on the exam and will they give me my prescription or are the insistant i order with them? I want to order my glasses online but i need to get all the info to order first such as an eye exam lol.

Luv to be on the GO
01-09-2009, 03:52 PM
I would suggest that you go to Peter Norris on Great Northern Road
He does sell glasses but you would never know it .....He would NEVER push you to Purchase your glasses there .... I`ve been going to him for Years but have always bought my glasses at a different place !!! You`ll find he is not "pushy" at all !!!

Koss
01-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Agreed. I visited Peter Norris' office for the first time just before Christmas. It was a good experience.

blueeyedgirl
01-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Everywhere I called for an eye exam charged $75. I am booked to see Peter Norris for the first time.

chase_me
01-09-2009, 04:35 PM
how far in advance was he booking? He charges 75? the guy in the doctors building between the hospitals only charges 50 but i just wanted to see if anyone else had someone diff they prefer

italiandomino
01-09-2009, 04:42 PM
I went to the one in the STation mall .. i forget the name of the doctor .. but he was great .. they have their office over by Joe Calazones

chase_me
01-09-2009, 04:44 PM
I went to the one in the STation mall .. i forget the name of the doctor .. but he was great .. they have their office over by Joe Calazones

Yeah i had gone to them the last time but they wanted me to order my glasses through them and my lenses alone would cost 300-400 dollars lol i have terrible eyesight.

Foolish One
01-09-2009, 10:54 PM
I go to the one in the Station Mall too.... BUT they dont sell glasses. They gave me my prescription and I could go where ever I wanted. He was great and very thorough.

chase_me
01-09-2009, 10:56 PM
I go to the one in the Station Mall too.... BUT they dont sell glasses. They gave me my prescription and I could go whereever I wanted.

What place in the station mall does eye exams but doesn't sell glasses?

Genny
01-10-2009, 08:02 AM
I am also reading this thread with great interest since I need an eye exam. Need to know which eye doctor is good and cheapest place to purchase glasses.

GRUMPY
01-10-2009, 09:07 AM
They gave me my prescription and I could go where ever I wanted. He was great and very thorough.

Not trying to be ignorant but of course they gave you your prescription its your's as that is what you are paying for. As for the cheapest, never mind that. So what if you save $25 but they were no good. There is one in town that I wouldn't let near my dog as she is a total screw up.

Andre
01-10-2009, 09:16 AM
I go to Dr. Bettello at Churchill Plaza. He writes out your prescription and sends you on your way. I don't know what it costs, but I've always been happy with the service there.
As for the cost of glasses, just tell whoever right away that you don't want to spend more than X amount of money and go from there. The pair of glasses on my face right now cost me $150.

KRP
01-10-2009, 09:20 AM
I paid $125 for my eye exam last month on top of new glasses, not sure if it's just because that's what my eye doctor charges but I could care less. I've been seeing him for over 10 yrs and never had any complaints about him.

chase_me
01-10-2009, 12:12 PM
my coverage covers 50 for an exam. I am ordering the glasses online because it is a million times cheaper

Tutones
01-10-2009, 12:16 PM
What place in the station mall does eye exams but doesn't sell glasses?

There is an optometrist's office next to Joey Calzone's. Look carefully, if you blink you will miss the door.

We go to DR. Coccimiglio in the Churchill Plaza. Eye Exam is $80 but my insurance covers half. He is excellent, does not 'force' us to buy glasses there (he actually recommended Wal-mart for my son's and they are the best and most inexpensive we've gotten and lasted far longer). No optometrist can 'force' you to buy their glasses, it is totally your choice where you purchase.

GRUMPY
01-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Good some seem to think that just because the doctor sells glasses that they have to get them there.

Tutones
01-10-2009, 12:21 PM
my coverage covers 50 for an exam. I am ordering the glasses online because it is a million times cheaper

Online? How will they fit them? There are measurements that have to be taken in order for the glasses to sit properly on your face and to ensure the frames are wide enough for your face.

chase_me
01-10-2009, 12:29 PM
you need to work out the measurements yourself, it tells you exactly what you need from the eye dr and then it tells you how to get the fit right. I have a few friends who have ordered from there and are very happy

Mimi
01-10-2009, 12:36 PM
I go to Dr. Bentley across from the Essar Centre. He has different prices for eye exams depending how in depth they are. I buy my glasses there too. Never had a problem.

GRUMPY
01-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Dr. Bentley is A1 when it comes to his work , one of the best in town.

KRP
01-10-2009, 01:36 PM
That's who I have is Dr. Bentley and I'm very happy with him. Very thorough with his exams and makes you feel comfortable the entire time.

rmkryan
01-10-2009, 08:04 PM
i have astigmatism and i have to have my glasses fitted for my face a certain way. I would never order them online for that reason. If i have any issues with breaking or anything it is easier to just bring them to the office

chase_me
01-10-2009, 10:57 PM
yeah well when you can't afford to pay 400-500 dollars for a pair of glasses online for 75 or so is a way better option.

It wouldn't be a problem if i didn't have four of us in glasses to contend with lol.

you have a problem so you have to buy them locally, i don't so i can order online.