PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Beta launching today!

Cruel_Intentions
01-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Is anyone else excited to try Windows 7? The beta is going to be launching today so I will be downloading it and trying it out, see what it's like.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/

Hans
01-09-2009, 04:29 PM
I am going to wait for some reviews. I tend to steer away from any type of Beta OS, as it usually has it issues.

Hans
01-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Good site, but I am not so sure about the new task bar icons. I prefer to see the text on the current browser icons then just the icons.

Better device management looks promising.

And homegroup is going to be one of those features that is not going to generate much useful help, as it only works under windows 7. Hopefully they change that, because I can't imagine users requested an important feature that's not compatible with any other windows OS.

Upper Decker
01-09-2009, 04:44 PM
ive been running the build 7000 beta for about 2 weeks now when it got leaked. its quite nice actually. havent had any issues at all with it really. only one i have had is my msn seems to get stuck in a vortex on the task bar once in a while. zero hardware compatilbilty issues so far and ive even managed to get dos apps to run it properly again.

BAILEYDOG
01-10-2009, 12:01 PM
the beta site is overloaded already I went to it to download it and they said it is not available till they put in more servers to fill the demand.

Madmax
01-10-2009, 03:11 PM
I downloading it right now.

Cruel_Intentions
01-10-2009, 09:09 PM
The server was busy for me last night so I just downloaded build 7000 from a torrent

\m/ Rich \m/
01-10-2009, 11:06 PM
TQ32R-WFBDM-GFHD2-QGVMH-3P9GC

GG4MQ-MGK72-HVXFW-KHCRF-KW6KY

here's a couple extra keys i got. im keeping the other 2.

Cruel_Intentions
01-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Hmm, running into problems. Even when I installed Vista (booting from installation media), it takes a very long time to load. With Vista, it was bearable, but with Windows 7, it's been about 6 hours and it's still on the first loading screen about %50 done.

I kinda at a loss as to what could be causing it? I'm almost thinking it could be my DVD drive that's causing the problem. I've already reset and played with all AHCI/IDE BIOS settings, changed SATA cables, changed SATA ports, etc.

Any thoughts?

Upper Decker
01-11-2009, 01:21 PM
i think its your disk. ive had it running on an x2 turion (gutless wonder) and ive yet to run into an issue.

Cruel_Intentions
01-11-2009, 03:49 PM
actually, I just switched dvd drives with \m/ Rich \m/ and it instantly fixed the problem. It's either due to the drive itself or due to the way the SATA ports are configured (the new drive is IDE)