PDA

View Full Version : Bug going around

blueeyedgirl
01-10-2009, 09:46 AM
My son came home from school on thursday with a fever. Poor thing has been running a fever for three days now. He is coughing and has a runny nose. Has had no energy what so ever until today. He seems to be doing better today but still has a fever which will hopefully go away soon. He won`t eat and is barely drinking but is eating a lot of popsicles. Whatever bug has been going around the past few months sure is nasty.

bohd
01-10-2009, 10:06 AM
the flu shot seems to help...all the people i know who had the shot did not get the flu...but they did get colds...

Lollypop
01-10-2009, 10:27 AM
I have to agree with the flu shot, I ended up getting the cold Christmas day, I had it for around 5 days. Everyone else that I passed the cold onto had not had flu shots and they ended up with vomiting and diarhea. Also, theirs lasted much longer then mine.

Sweet Little Sister
01-10-2009, 10:29 AM
the vomitting thing just hit our house but it only lasted a day..
one long miserable achy day..

Sophie's_Mommy
01-10-2009, 10:36 AM
my 6 month old has a nasty cough, and stuffy nose for the past 3 days, i find her cough is more at night when she is sleeping or trying too. so i prop her up beside me so she can sleep without coughing and choking. Poor thing, she is so happy and laughs and smiles after she coughs..lol..she has no fever though so i think its just a little cold..what sucks is i can not give her anything for it cause she s so young, so i just do what my pharmacist told me and run my humidifier for her but it does not seem to help just blows cold air out which i know is what it is suppose to do but not really helping any..

blueeyedgirl
01-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Thankfully he does not have the vomitting or diahrea. Just fever, cough, runny nose and loss of appetite.

lynys
01-10-2009, 11:11 AM
I was feeling really blah for a few days this week. Woke up Tuesday night coughing (a choking cough) and ended up getting up for a bit. Went back to bed and woke up a couple hours later and I felt like I had been run over. Every part of me hurt, my jaw was aching, nose running, my legs felt like lead. Got a double dose of neo-citran down and slept off and on all day.

Slept through the night Wednesday night, woke up Thursday still feeling blah, but only half as bad. Showered and felt a bit better. Yesterday I still had the body aches. Today, feeling pretty good. (and starving!) LOL

Babzz
01-10-2009, 11:13 AM
I have had that bug for a couple of weeks now :(

Lollypop
01-10-2009, 02:11 PM
Shawn'sGirl, try the benolyn plug-ins, and find the thickest book you can and put it under the head of her mattress to keep her head up.

blueeyedgirl
01-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Well his fever finally broke this morning but now he has blisters in his mouth and one outside at the corner of his mouth. Going to try to bring him in to his peds or family dr tommorrow.

Kittie
01-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Sounds like Herpes.

Sweet Little Sister
01-11-2009, 03:41 PM
lol..sorry..lol

gothic_gurl25
01-11-2009, 03:44 PM
lol..sorry..lol

lol ,,

Babzz
01-20-2009, 06:39 AM
Is anyone else getting a lot of headspins? I have for a couple of weeks. Head spins and chest congestion.

CANDY_74
01-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Ive had a stuffy nose and major hacking cough for 1 mth tomorrow (the 28th). I went to the drs last week and he said its just a virus and gave me a prescription which seems to have made it worse as now I CAN'T sleep at all. I get up every 2hrs to hack and spit for approx 30min then back to bed for another 2hrs etc etc.
Last night I was spitting up a bit of blood with the phlegm.....Im going back to the walk-in clinic and asking for a x-ray etc to find out exactly whats going on as its worrying my fiance (and myself) big time.

The things Ive done to get rid of it are:

- took Buckleys
- vaporizer
- vicks rub
- benylin dm
- neo citrin
- hot showers
- bowl with towel over head for the steam
- halls

BrAt
01-27-2009, 07:41 PM
Oh, it's a yucky one. Our daughter was home sick from school with it yesterday. Vomiting, abdominal cramping and such. It was brutal. I was actually in the process of getting ready to take her to the hospital... she went to the bathroom and *poof*, she was better. So, hers only lasted a few hours thankfully.

Today our lil man is sick with it. Started this afternoon and he's still sick. Vomiting and diarrhea like nobody's business.

Poor kiddos. Breaks my heart to see them ill. :(

EyelashExtensions
01-28-2009, 12:16 PM
I think there might be a few bugs going around. My older daughter had a cold type virus(chest, wheezing, coughing) and my youngest daughter had something gastrointestinal. She had a fever and as I call it....spontaneous pooping, lol.