PDA

View Full Version : Pilates or Yoga?

*Angel*
01-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Which is better? I need to get involved in something and am unsure what the difference or which one is better

Also if anyone does take classes where do you take them and are they worth the money.

houlegan
01-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Hey Peanut - I don't know much about either but am going to try the Beginner class at Sault HOT Yoga. Its free.. I'll check it out first.

I really need something to bring more peace and tranquility to my life. ;)

Giggle Squirt
01-11-2009, 06:57 PM
yoga and palaties intimidate me.. i signed up for the cardi kickboxing at the y... the thought of rapping my legs around myhead just make me want to vomit.

houlegan
01-11-2009, 07:39 PM
LOL Giggle - Kickboxing sounds pretty good too!

Dragonfly
01-11-2009, 07:44 PM
yoga and palaties intimidate me.. i signed up for the cardi kickboxing at the y... the thought of rapping my legs around myhead just make me want to vomit.

How much was that if you dont mind me asking??

Sweet Little Sister
01-11-2009, 09:53 PM
i've done both (at home, no classes or anything )and they are quite similar
yoga is a full body stretch workout..slow..relaxing..but you will hurt when you're done..
pilates is much the same..a full body stretch workout but everything is centered around the 'core' .. more exercisey than yoga..but still very stretchy..if that makes sense..lol

kitty&mimi
01-12-2009, 07:56 AM
pilates

Giggle Squirt
01-12-2009, 08:49 AM
How much was that if you dont mind me asking??

50 dollars if your a member and 75 if your not a member it is on sundays from 6 to 7 which is extreamly convienent for me.. It is a reasonalbe price even if your not a member. I have been calling around to see how much differnt gyms offer this class for and this byfar is the best. also you can go and have a nice whirlpool when your done LOL. It starts on jan 18th and you sign up at the front desk.