PDA

View Full Version : winter activities to do!!

Giggle Squirt
01-12-2009, 10:05 AM
I was readig a magazine and it gave some great winter ideas for familys to do and also to help keep you fit. !!!!
here are some of the ideas. the article was in alive+fit and all the sugestions were submitted from people all over ontario

1.gather snow into a big pile in your back yard and create a slide. place a ladder on one side and pack down the snow on the other side. spray with water to make it freeze and slippery enough to slide down

2. pack a picknik basket and go for a winter picknick

3. when icefishing run from hole to hole instead of walking

have a hula hoop competition in your living room
5. play hide and seak with your winter clother

6. if you have a little one follow her and him around and do absolutely everything that they do. bend when they bend sit when they sit you get the picture

7. build two big snowforts and have a snowball fight

8. on sticky snow days instead of shoveling your driveway roll out your driveway

9. take your family outside at night and lay down to watch the stars

10. play house outside.. build a blueprint in the snow

11. have a winter treasure hunt. burry things in plastic bags. create a simple tresure map.

12. create snowball towers

13. have a snow angel compition

EyelashExtensions
01-12-2009, 10:13 AM
I always wanted to go camping in a tent in the winter.

MaO3
01-12-2009, 10:16 AM
I always wanted to go camping in a tent in the winter.

I did that once. Froze my arse off!!! It was an experience thats for sure. The night was ok, but in the morning it was cold...

Couldn't get enought hot coffee into me fast enough.

Giggle Squirt
01-12-2009, 10:21 AM
my sisters and i slept outside in winter when we were little.. when we were at camp we would dig a hole in the snow and cover the hole with tree branches and evergreen boughs and then line the hole with carboard... get our 5 star sleeping bags and sleep.. the hole we slept in was actually warmer then the outside temp.. we did this alot. it was fun!!! and then in the summer time we just plane slept outside on the deck ... nothing covering us or anything. Only once did it start raining. LOL

EyelashExtensions
01-12-2009, 10:33 AM
I also want to walk in to the bush and hike till I can't hike no more and pitch a tent wherever. I think it would be neat to do the winter camping. Bonfire in the snow. It would probably be a one time thing since I hate the cold and the snow lol.

Giggle Squirt
01-12-2009, 10:36 AM
that does sound fun. winter bonfires are fun too... i should have one in my back yard this weekend LOL.. roast marshmellows, make smores and drink hc. Who wants to come!!!!

nightingale
01-12-2009, 10:49 AM
1.gather snow into a big pile in your back yard and create a slide. place a ladder on one side and pack down the snow on the other side. spray with water to make it freeze and slippery enough to slide down

Cool idea!! May try that one.

MissMuffett
01-12-2009, 02:25 PM
I have camped in the winter months it was fun. Camp fires any time of the year rocks. I love the smell of camping.