PDA

View Full Version : Wedding photographer

blueeyedgirl
01-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Who did you use for your wedding? Where you pleased with your choice?
I need one who is creative and will be free to roam the place to get pictures. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Babzz
01-12-2009, 09:17 PM
I would suggest paully..

www.extremeairbrushing.com (http://www.extremeairbrushing.com)

Evangeline
01-12-2009, 10:58 PM
I booked Brian Tremblay for my wedding, I'm sure I'll be more than happy with his work.
Photo's are really important to me.

Peety
01-12-2009, 11:01 PM
I booked Brian Tremblay for my wedding, I'm sure I'll be more than happy with his work.
Photo's are really important to me.

I had famly pictures done by him ,,

Evangeline
01-12-2009, 11:02 PM
cool! were you happy with the photos?

Peety
01-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Yes,,I had taken my pets with me also.

cuteandcuddly
01-13-2009, 06:21 AM
I had Paully for our wedding and I would recommend him anyday. He did a fantastic job. He has very fair prices.

goodasgold
01-13-2009, 08:31 AM
I had Brian Tremblay for my wedding and loved him and the pictures he took. If I had to book another photographer, I would get him again.

NewCasa
01-13-2009, 09:08 AM
I worked in photography for a while and saw all their work. Brian's good. Kevanna is good too, but a bit more pricey I'd expect. If Carol Stubinsky is still doing weddings I'd also consider her. Very reasonable and a very good photographer.

If you really want good wedding photos, here's a little hint: spend a couple of hours with the photographer a week or so before the wedding laying out some of the key shots with the photographer. Get a bit creative, but make sure you've also got the 'bread and butter' family shots, etc. If there isn't a customized plan then most of your shots will be pretty vanilla regardless of who you get, but most really good photographers will really appreciate the opportunity to create a really nice wedding album together with the happy couple.

EyelashExtensions
01-13-2009, 09:17 AM
I want two photographers lol, maybe even three because my future SIL is also a professional photographer. Each photographer has their own style and I want my pictures a variety of ways. It's driving me crazy that I can't take my own wedding pictures. I'll be buying the disposable cameras for the tables too, so everyone can take pictures. I'll send you a pm blueeyedgirl.

Puppy Lover
01-13-2009, 10:39 AM
I would highly recommend Lynn Bueller at Northern Lens Photography. She does amazing work and her prices are well within reason.

Wodahs
01-13-2009, 10:47 AM
Kirsten Young, fantastic photographs, she's on St. Joseph Island 246-2752.

kozy99
01-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Curt O'Neil
www.curtoneil.com
www.curtoneil.com/weddings/dugas-orazietti/ - sample slideshow

verotik66
01-13-2009, 08:18 PM
I have bookings still available this summer and i can also recommend a great girl.

shoot me a pm for further information

verotik66
01-13-2009, 08:21 PM
I will be starting a promotion in the spring with St Andrews church, each month i will book one wedding through them and you donate $250.00 to the church and pay for any materials (prints, book dvds etc)

This is more of a fundraising contribution by me to my wifes church, it comes alot cheaper than a $5000.00 booking for a wedding from me. lol

blueeyedgirl
01-13-2009, 08:36 PM
I have bookings still available this summer and i can also recommend a great girl.

shoot me a pm for further information

You pm isn't turned on but it allows me the option to email so will do that.

verotik66
01-13-2009, 09:29 PM
lol i didn't know it was off, i have enabled private messaging functions but email is fine as well.

cartwright@cinenorth.ca

BlueSky
01-13-2009, 09:50 PM
By the Bay Photography in Goulais River does an excellent job.

kinkysquiggles
01-16-2009, 09:29 AM
Brian Trembly did a family wedding recently. Good. Not great. Sign posts in the background. Very standard posed pictures, nothing spontaneous. Mostly pictures of bride and groom, not much family or wedding party.Some pictures underexposed. Some shadows. Not what I expected....but okay as long as he is reasonably priced.

lynys
01-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Curt O'Neil
www.curtoneil.com
www.curtoneil.com/weddings/dugas-orazietti/ - sample slideshow

Great photos!! And, the music was great too! ;)

Evangeline
01-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Brian Trembly did a family wedding recently. Good. Not great. Sign posts in the background. Very standard posed pictures, nothing spontaneous. Mostly pictures of bride and groom, not much family or wedding party.Some pictures underexposed. Some shadows. Not what I expected....but okay as long as he is reasonably priced.

he really works off the impression you give him about what kind of photos you want, If you don't tell him you want more creative photos that arn't just the straighforwards traditional poses then he won't do it, because that's what most people in this city want. I told him I want more of his other style of photography, that you can find on his other website, and he is happy to do it. I guess for wedding photograpy he is reasonably priced, but it's one of the higher costs of the wedding.