PDA

View Full Version : Home skating rinks

hp2
01-13-2009, 11:29 AM
How many of yous do this? have you had it up for awhile? are you just starting one..

How are you all making out.. I know IM not the only one on here that does one..

I just started mine yesterday but am on a good way to go........ I am actually early for when I start.. I dont usually start till closer to feb cause then they have it for march break...

GRUMPY
01-13-2009, 11:51 AM
funny this hasn't been moved as most do

hp2
01-13-2009, 11:55 AM
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)

GRUMPY
01-13-2009, 12:26 PM
Great weather for it, nothing sounds better to me than the sound of kids playing hockey on a backyard rink. Only one way to make it better and thats to have some hot chocolate ready for them when they are done.

mags
01-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Used to do it it is a great thing to do.

Peety
01-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Hurry up I want a skate date!!!:star:

b&aMom
01-13-2009, 05:51 PM
We used to, but gave up when the winters became too warm. This year seems perfect for it. Enjoy.

Misschix
01-13-2009, 10:48 PM
I wish i knew how to make one......

hp2
01-14-2009, 04:22 AM
Chixy its NOT hard... really

I have tried the liner type and DON'T like them.. the ice just is not the same.. what I Do is make a some what shape in the snow.. on Monday my husband snowblowed me a square with our lawn tractor.. I than had snow banks on three sides as the forth side is actually on the side of my driveway.. so we created snow banks.. I then use a spray nozzle to mist the snow so I don't melt them... they freeze. I do this twice.. I then mist the floor(ground) and I usually let the kids run and slid into it on there crazy carpets only cause it gives a nice smooth surface.. I mist it a few times...with the hose.. I then go out LIKE yesterday was perfect.. and Just flood... you will get pin holes.. that you must make slush with and fill them up with the slush.. NORMAL.. as little hole can be a big pain in the arse... Yesterday I went out every 1.5 hrs from 3:30 yesterday morning till 8 last night and flooded.. I now have an almost ready rink for the kids... should be ready friday.... It will self Level with the water...

ITS Easy just time consuming.