PDA

View Full Version : Microwave cakes

BrAt
01-22-2009, 02:24 PM
Who's tried to make one and what kind?

tasma
01-23-2009, 09:42 AM
I made the chocolate mug one that was posted on here last year. I liked it but it was a bit spongy. The texture wasn't very good but it was good if you needed a quick cake fix.

BrAt
01-23-2009, 11:20 AM
No, I mean like an actual cake cooked in silicone bakeware in the microwave.

I have tried a butter pecan cake with cream cheese frosting. I have also tried a chocolate cherry cake with buttercream icing drizzled over. Next I think I am going to try a spice cake. :)

They are amazing. Moist, quick and super delicious. I just can't believe it's that easy and fast to make a cake. Right now I only have the bundt cake pan but have decided that I am definitely going to get all of them. There are so many options for food and deserts in the microwave... I never realized.

Could get dangerous!! lol

Sophie's_Mommy
01-23-2009, 11:51 AM
i ve made the cake in a mug but how do u make a cake in a pan, well whats the time it takes, can u post the butter pecan recipe , thats my fav :)

BrAt
01-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Just make the cake recipe according to the box, pour it into a silicone bundt cake pan and stick it in the mocrowave for 8 mins. That's it!! lol

See what I mean about being dangerous? Cake in 8 minutes?? Seriously!!!

(Oh, and make sure you oil the pan well before putting the mix in. I tried with butter but found that a bit of vegetable oil on a coffee filter worked great... no fuzzies from the paper towel)