PDA

View Full Version : wiper blades...

Giggle Squirt
01-22-2009, 11:23 PM
It that time again for new blades... I need to use the frameless ones because of the shape of my windshield.. Now before i drop 80 dollars on blades, do you have a preferace... I was contemplating between the armourals or the reflex blades.... does the silicone action of the armoural blades actually work???

_daynzy
01-23-2009, 09:20 AM
we have the new bosch evolution frameless at work (partsource in churchill) and they work great.. I've had them on my truck for a few months now

about 20 bucks a blade

hp2
01-23-2009, 03:30 PM
I believe the old owner of my truck put teh reflex blades on the truck I have now.. I should really go look at them.. they look cheap and chincy... but they are the best damn blades I have ever had the pleasure of using.. I TOLD my husband you touch the blades on my truck ILL flip.. they are awsome.. they dont freeze up.. they look chincy as hell but work awsome........ THe old owner stoped by to see how we were enjoying there old ride and that was the first thing out of my mouth was what type of blades did yous put on the truck CAUSE WE LOVE THEM...... he was pretty sure they were reflex.. we call them bowflex lol..

General Lee
01-23-2009, 08:07 PM
the armoral ones are junk read the review on them i just buy the cheep 5 $ ones at walmart they work

Xzavia
02-24-2009, 01:19 PM
the armoral ones are junk read the review on them i just buy the cheep 5 $ ones at walmart they work

Ughhh...we bought these ones for my truck...I HATE them! Useless piece of crap things!

fenderbass
02-25-2009, 12:55 PM
I would say that I am the king of wiper blades...If they chatter I bring them back.
frameless blades are junk hands down waste of money. But if you have your heart set on them
then the best ones ar the brand made by RianX. They don't chatter or streak(if you glass is clean)
I still use winter blades in the winter and all season blades in the summer...Its your choice
and your money. this is just my opinion. I work on car's for a living and have so for a long time.
the best wipers have and always will be trico.

_daynzy
02-25-2009, 01:54 PM
http://www.tricoproducts.com/common/images/Trico/ezlit/InnovisionBlade.jpg

Those are the trico innovision blade, their old framlesss wiper blade. They sucked because the were truly framless. No backbone on the wiper at all which let them break easy and made them too light at the corners.

Their new design is awesome, the Neoform blade. They're sturdy, they have somewhat of a backbone to the blade, and they don't chatter. They last twice as long as the innovision and wipe 10x better.

http://www.tricoproducts.com/common/images/Trico/ezlit/NeoForm_crop1.jpg

Bosch Evoltion blades are exactly like the Neoforms, but I find they wipe a lot better and don't ice up as much.

These are the Bosch Evolution

http://i20.ebayimg.com/05/i/001/33/e5/0a58_1.JPG

If your wiper arms tension isnt what it should be, the blade will chatter and miss in spots.

Giggle Squirt
02-25-2009, 02:32 PM
I sell armoural blades at my work. I would not recomend armoural blades. The sad thing is, is that the only blade we list for my rear window is an armourall blade, which has been taken off the shelves... SO i am in the process of trying to find a good frameless rear blade for my car. I have put the bosch ones on my car and love it!!! But i can't believe that i can't find a framless rear blade for my car. It has a stupid clip that is hard to find a blade to fit it. I found one that is not framless and it cleans abut 5 of the 16 inches it is supposed to because the window is curved so much.

Luv to be on the GO
02-25-2009, 11:07 PM
ADD ....What price are we looking at for the
Neoform Blades ??? Thanks

Giggle Squirt
03-02-2009, 08:05 PM
Well the wiper blade adventure is over... 30 dollars later and I finally got a wiper blade that cleans the whole area. :)

_daynzy
03-02-2009, 08:24 PM
where'd ya find it

Giggle Squirt
03-02-2009, 09:13 PM
had it shipped from the dealership.