PDA

View Full Version : Adopt A Shelter Pet

Mimi
01-26-2009, 04:38 PM
Cats & Dogs looking for homes

Visit the Soo Ontario Humane Society.

WEB SITE: CATS & DOGS (http://hosting.soonet.ca/humanesociety/)

GRUMPY
02-28-2009, 01:34 AM
a couple of nice adult dogs there, beats the heck out of house breaking a pup and what you see is what you get as compared to a pup you never find out for a year or two.

Tansy
03-05-2009, 12:35 AM
Hi Mimi, pleased to meet you. :)
My Diva passed last October. Got her from a shelter, and she was the best friend you could have for 11 years.
I've been taking a look on the website. They show mostly large breed dogs. The house I've bought isn't large enough for a large dog.... Are there generally smaller breed dogs available but aren't being shown on the site?
See, I'm worried about going in to take a look and there are only large breed dogs available... I *know* I'll end up walking out with some Bull Mastiff that gave me big sad eyes.... lol

Mimi
03-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Your best bet would be to put your name on the waiting list for small breed dogs.

GRUMPY
03-10-2009, 11:23 PM
that Jazz looks like a real sweety that isn't a big dog and as a thrown in bonus who ever picks her won't have to do all that house breaking crap.

GRUMPY
03-17-2009, 07:26 PM
check out: www.petfinder.com

As for a house being too small for a big dog I think it depends on the dog in question. I've always had mid sized dogs to smaller sized around 40 lb was the max. now I have Bandit who is around 65-70 pounds and reminds me of a Muskox however there are times that I have to check to see if he is inside or outside as he makes himself invisible in the house, I've never met a quieter dog than him.

GRUMPY
03-26-2009, 04:10 PM
bump

Tansy
03-27-2009, 01:04 AM
ooOoo! Lookit Honey! *drool*... Have to see what my extra money situation will be at come monday...