PDA

View Full Version : Phone Number 000-000-0000

Hermit
01-26-2009, 10:37 PM
It's not a gimmick.

Please answer because you really do get a free cruise.

No, I'm not on commission!

I didn't pay a penny and enjoyed our cruise. It's a blast! It's no different than booking a cruise with a travel agent. You can choose your own cruise but we did the French Rivierra and it was the best family vacation we ever had. We booked for December 8, 2008 through December 15, 2008. No problems. All expenses (as promised) were paid.

Go for it! Answer the 'horn' and book your trip.......you'll always regret it.:omg:

sereenie
01-26-2009, 10:40 PM
uh huh..

theGuy
01-26-2009, 10:42 PM
I filed a complaint with the CRTC because I'm on the national do not call list.

They are aware of 000-000-0000 and are investigating it

I do not want a "free" cruise from 000-000-0000

01-26-2009, 10:46 PM
This is your captain speaking !LOL

chase_me
01-26-2009, 10:48 PM
lmao thank gawd we didn't run to put ourselves on the call us list lol.

Hermit
01-26-2009, 10:54 PM
This is your captain speaking !LOL

And the guy that 'got paid' to say that probably never got paid. Or he can't 'get paid' because the calls are coming from some prison in the U.S. (it was on the 5th Estate, and 20/20.....prison scams).

But still....there's a lot of snow here and I really could use a cruise.:smile:

I've got a credit card and I'm not afraid to use it! We must keep the economy going!!

GRUMPY
01-26-2009, 10:59 PM

The national do not call list is a farse of the worst degree as they sell it to telemarketers.

theGuy
01-26-2009, 11:07 PM
I agree. It's a joke!

Hermit
01-26-2009, 11:13 PM
Register a complaint with the CRTC....

It's fast and easy and anonymous if you want.

The more people that complain against this phone number the faster they'll act.

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/RapidsCCM/Register.asp?lang=E

That's the site (per Yahoo Search) to register a complaint.

bouffant
01-27-2009, 01:56 AM
The 1-213-456-7890 number is gonna give me a free whatver if i press certain numbers on my keypad. Yeah ok. They are all scams.

Shawn
01-27-2009, 05:47 AM
If you follow the menu, I just kept hitting 1 till it finished the questions, they then demand your name... I demanded they remove me from their call list, very simply put and the calls stopped. I also did report them because one time I did that, it transferred me and then no one picked up and it just hung up which is illegal.

See they are getting away with it because they are not selling anything to you... plus this company Answer Solutions is not calling you according to them... so I am betting they have another company call you and once you go through their menu it transfers the call to them... but what I love is if they are an inbound call center then why won't they give me their phone number? Argued that with the manager one day there, either way a bunch of retards over there with a good scam going on.

verotik66
01-27-2009, 06:31 AM

I guess you missed the part where telemarketers access the do not call list for a couple hundred bucks they get the whole thing, then they add it to their dialling program, and now people on the list get 4x as more calls as people NOT on the list.

Enjoy being on the list!

Tutones
01-27-2009, 07:27 AM
Of course telemarketers get a copy of the do not call list. How else are they going to know who NOT to call? Duh.

BlueSky
01-27-2009, 08:05 AM
I responded once to a time share program that wanted to give me a 3 day vacation in Florida or las Vegas.

About two months into the process, they informed me that they had no flights available for Orlando, and congrats, 'you're going to Vegas'. I protested, saying that I was given a free 3 day vacation to Florida.. and insisted upon it. 1 month later I was notified and told I could go to Florida, but I needed to send them a $50 deposit. Which we did.

The next thing they did was send me a notice saying, "Congratulations, you have almost completed the requirements. Now we need to askl you for $115 for the taxes on your plane fare and hotel charges."

That's where I said, "Forget about it. Lesson learned"

So I lost $50 and will never again agree to a free vacation, cruise, etc.

gouligann
01-27-2009, 08:11 AM
I just kept hitting 0 until I heard a recording tell me that I didn't qualify. How rude! I'm SO disappointed now.

IMHO
01-27-2009, 08:16 AM
Maybe i should apply for the cruise as my dog. I did that once for a credit card and got one in the name of Buffy -----.lol

tired-n-cranky
01-27-2009, 08:41 AM
What is illegal in Canada, isn't illegal around the world ya know.

So when a company calls you from another country, our laws DO NOT APPLY.

Upper Decker
01-27-2009, 08:48 AM
And the guy that 'got paid' to say that probably never got paid. Or he can't 'get paid' because the calls are coming from some prison in the U.S. (it was on the 5th Estate, and 20/20.....prison scams).

But still....there's a lot of snow here and I really could use a cruise.:smile:

I've got a credit card and I'm not afraid to use it! We must keep the economy going!!

If you love to use your credit card so much how about buying a time machine?

Here it is..

http://www.holmanstudios.com/images2004/furniture/bed_sleighbed.jpg

If i get into my time machine i can easily thrust myself 8 hours into the future every time. Alcohol seems to help the machine work better. Also a female companion makes the project so much more beneficial.

Just give me your credit card number and i will send you one of these delightful contraptions. Be the envy of all your friends and neighbors.

SusyQ
01-27-2009, 09:20 AM
I love that bed its so cool. LOL I'm serious!

Anapeg
01-27-2009, 09:21 AM
Magnificent craftsmanship and an interesting twist on a sleigh bed. I wonder if the carving is by hand as well? Where in Gods name did you find that picture as I build and like to creatively acquire ideas such as that Fudd?

Upper Decker
01-27-2009, 09:22 AM
its not a bed, its a time machine. i gutted a delorian and stuck it in there. Just lay down, close your eyes and bam your 8 - 12 hours in the future.

SusyQ
01-27-2009, 09:25 AM
I know what I'd like too be doing in that bed for 8-12 hours and I wouldn't need a time machine too bring me there. :wink:

ByrdDawg
01-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Got the link from Fudd's picture:

http://www.holmanstudios.com/bedrooms.html

Anapeg
01-27-2009, 09:53 AM
Thanks ByrdDawg. SuzyQ, I'm an old man and talk like that gets my hormones running around and bumping into each other and tires me out. STOP IT!

SusyQ
01-27-2009, 09:54 AM
Very nice work. WOW!

SusyQ
01-27-2009, 10:05 AM
Thanks ByrdDawg. SuzyQ, I'm an old man and talk like that gets my hormones running around and bumping into each other and tires me out. STOP IT!

Well in that case @#*%$#@ :stongue::slaugh:

Strife
01-27-2009, 04:23 PM
What is illegal in Canada, isn't illegal around the world ya know.

So when a company calls you from another country, our laws DO NOT APPLY.

You know this for fact? When I was a telemarketer for NCO, We had to follow US telemarketing laws. We couldnt call on American holidays and we had to call between the hours of 9am to 9 pm in the states local time.

Andre
01-27-2009, 05:30 PM
"Telemarketing calls made on behalf of non-Canadian companies, where the call is coming from outside of Canada, are not required to follow the Canadian National DNCL Rules."
https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/faqs-eng#an_link09

Strife
01-27-2009, 05:39 PM
So you are telling me that an American company that outsources their telemarketing efforts to India can call me at 1:00 in the morning? I find that hard to believe. Besides, the link you posted only refers to the DNCL. Other telemarketing laws do apply.

tired-n-cranky
01-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Yeah the other wonderful rules put in place by the CRTC are as follows. And note these only apply to calls WITHIN Canada, not into Canada from international numbers.

Rules all telemarketers must follow
These are rules that all telemarketers must follow for calls within Canada:

Callers must identify the person or organization they represent.
Upon request, callers must provide the telephone number, name and address of a responsible person the called party can write to.
Callers must display the originating calling number or an alternate number where the caller can be reached (except where the number display is unavailable for technical reasons).
Names and numbers of called parties must be removed within 30 days of the called party’s request.
DO NOT CALL lists are to be maintained by the calling party and remain active for three years.
There are no calling hour restrictions on live voice calls.
Sequential dialing is not permitted.
Calls are not permitted to emergency line or healthcare facilities.
Random dialing and calls to non-published numbers are allowed.

verotik66
01-27-2009, 08:20 PM
So you are telling me that an American company that outsources their telemarketing efforts to India can call me at 1:00 in the morning? I find that hard to believe. Besides, the link you posted only refers to the DNCL. Other telemarketing laws do apply.

and what telemarketing laws do they have in india?

Andre
01-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Canadian13
Canadian law only applies to Canada.
Habib can call you from India any time he pleases and there is not a damn thing you or Canadian law can do about it.

Upper Decker
01-27-2009, 10:23 PM
It's not a gimmick.

Please answer because you really do get a free cruise.

No, I'm not on commission!

I didn't pay a penny and enjoyed our cruise. It's a blast! It's no different than booking a cruise with a travel agent. You can choose your own cruise but we did the French Rivierra and it was the best family vacation we ever had. We booked for December 8, 2008 through December 15, 2008. No problems. All expenses (as promised) were paid.

Go for it! Answer the 'horn' and book your trip.......you'll always regret it.:omg:

wow, you got your flights booked one month after you joined this site......SCAMMER

crazymamma
01-28-2009, 12:31 PM
yeah well I complained as well ...tired of them blasting a god damn ship horn in my ear!!!!! I'm on the do not call list as well and still get them. the people who come up with these gimmicks don't realize that blasting a horn in someones ear isn't good especially since I have hearing loss as it is. Loud sounds affect it. I haVE MY PHONE TURNED DOWN to a descent level and they're ten times louder. And Free...what's that? Never heard of thaT word !