PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for my sons 8th birthday....

**Owens Mommy**
01-27-2009, 09:47 AM
I'm kinda stumped on this one and am looking for some suggestions on what I can do for my sons 8th birthday. It's not until the middle of March but I'm thinking of it now for booking purposes and planning. I refuse to have a birthday party for him at the movies. We did that last year and it was a disaster, they were so unorganized. Of course there is aways swimming or bowling but does anyone have any ideas on something a little different? His birthday falls on the final weekend of the March break. Thanks in advance:laughm:

My Sharona
01-27-2009, 10:15 AM
What about a sleigh ride? Not that expensive. Went to Circle H Ranch on Case road and it was $75.00 for about an hour. They have a heated biulding and they do Birthday parties.

gouligann
01-27-2009, 10:16 AM
How about a sleigh ride? I think Farmer Bob's does parties at the little church at the back afterwards? If Garson's on Second line is still in business, it's great there too. We had a few kid's birthday parties out there and had a blast. Some of the parents came along and loved it too. Even some elderly grandparents came and enjoyed themselves. They have a nice party room there for cake afterwards.

gouligann
01-27-2009, 10:16 AM
wow, great minds think alike lol

meller5
01-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Hi Owen's Mommy!

I have an 8 year old nephew and last year, we had a themed party. My nephew really likes pirates. I purchased all the kids the foam black/white pirate hats (ones with feathers for the girls) and eye patches. We divided the kids into 2 groups and assigned one of us adults to each group. Each child got a treasure map (that we made) and had to follow it to find the hidden treasures. (Prior to the party, we hid groups of healthy snacks around the school yard). The big treasure at the end was in the sand pit...we buried bags (enough for each child) filled with 50 pennies in each. Once the treasure hunt was done, we took kids to the back yard where we had a blue tarp spread out. On the tarp (which was the 'water') we placed a 'plank'. The kids were spun around and told to walk the plank. We also purchased kids' freezer mugs (blue for boys, red for girls) that were shaped like beer steins that the kids used for their drinks. It was all so very simple but the kids said it was the best party!!

EyelashExtensions
01-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Might not be enough snow in march, and if so it might be kind of wet. Plus, they are coming to my daughters Sleigh ride party next weekend :). Bug lab!! or the bushplane museum? Might be kind of cool.....Could do a tour at the bug lab and head to McDees for the dinner part? The bushplane has rooms I'm pretty sure for "parties" and stuff.

hp2
01-27-2009, 10:41 AM
Hey Liz is that this weekend.. LIKE last weekend of Jan... OR the weekend after? LEt me know if my little one is still welcome.. what time and where.. I have not forgot...

EyelashExtensions
01-27-2009, 10:54 AM
It's on the 7th....and yes he is still welcome to come. At farmer Bob's, I think I have it posted on facebook. I'll be sending out a reminder for everyone closer to the date.

hp2
01-27-2009, 10:58 AM
It's on the 7th....and yes he is still welcome to come. At farmer Bob's, I think I have it posted on facebook. I'll be sending out a reminder for everyone closer to the date.

COol thanks..

Sorry owens mom... for highjacking lol.

**Owens Mommy**
01-27-2009, 12:11 PM
BAh that's ok it's Lizzard and my kiddo will be there too...lol....yeah for the Sleigh ride it's too wet on his bday, he loves the bushplane museum...that's a good idea lizzard!!! Thanks everyone else as well for the ideas

chase_me
01-27-2009, 12:19 PM
I do know that my uncle does karate parties, the kids usually get into them pretty good and he says they have a ton of fun.