PDA

View Full Version : Photo Magazines

NewCasa
01-28-2009, 12:16 PM
Who here reads what for photo magazines and what are everyone's favourties?

Mine's always been Photo Life, by the way.

Chako
01-28-2009, 04:38 PM
I tend to read.

Popular Photography.
Wildlife Photographer.
Photo Life.
PC Photo
ShutterBug
Digital Photo Pro.

But not every month. It depends on if I can make a pilgrimage to the Cambrian Mall Shoppers Drugmart in time.

My favorites are Popular Photography and Digital Photo Pro.

NewCasa
01-30-2009, 11:39 AM
Nobody else reads photo mags anymore?

Shaggy
01-30-2009, 04:00 PM
Magazines? That's where they put websites on paper and sell them, right?:confused:

NewCasa
01-30-2009, 04:57 PM
Magazines? That's where they put websites on paper and sell them, right?:confused:

LOL - yeah you nailed it :) Most of the mags have online versions now actually - usually abbreviated versions of what you'd get if you read the hard copy.

Shaggy
01-30-2009, 07:28 PM
Yeah, I usually look through a bunch of different photography websites.

I have to admit, though, I find sitting back with a magazine or book much more relaxing than sitting in front of a monitor.

It gets hard to justify the expense of mags, though, when there is so much on-line content available. I just finally let my subscription to "Discover" magazine lapse. It was the only subscription I had left, and I won't likely be getting it again anytime soon.

Chako
01-30-2009, 07:36 PM
I think both complement each other.

\m/ Rich \m/
01-30-2009, 08:31 PM
I tend to stick to DIY photog forums and stuff, also been using that canon Enjoy! site as a base guide. Still taking baby steps here, and i find a lot of the more "pro" sites are above my understanding. I've never read a photog magazine.