PDA

View Full Version : finger foods

Sophie's_Mommy
01-29-2009, 10:25 AM
My daughter is 7 months now and lots of people said i can give her pieces of toast bananas ect, but i dont want her to choke so i have not given her anythign yet. What kind of finger foods would be ok for her and have anyone else given their 7 months old finger foods or waited a little longer?

Jst4u
01-29-2009, 10:39 AM
By 7 months, my daughter wasn't eating ANY "baby" foods. She had cut up pasta, cheese, cut up frozen veggies, toast, cut up fruits (bananas and grapes mostly), chicken...pretty much anything and everything that I would eat, only cut up small.

Babzz
01-29-2009, 10:41 AM
cheerio' s are great.. no fear of chocking because of the hole..
use caution with grapes.. make sure you cut them in two

Jst4u
01-29-2009, 10:41 AM
I quartered grapes at first, just to make sure they were small enough.

Peety
01-29-2009, 10:46 AM
My daughter ate everything I ate just cut up everything in bite size,
She is 3 and I still cut up her food.

Sophie's_Mommy
01-29-2009, 12:04 PM
everyone says to watch out for allergies and stuff but i give her stuff of my spoon when im eating i just make sure its easy to swallow. She has 2 bottom teeth and she does know who to chew, i think im going to expand her diet and give her finger foods to munch on. My biggest fear is her choking on something. Thats one of the reasons why i have been cautious. i know she prolly will choke and learn from it..lol.but i dont want her too. I ll give it a try though. i still am going to feed her jar foods though, but i ll give her stuff for snacks and if we have pasta i ll give her that instead of her jar food.

EyelashExtensions
01-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Bread sticks work wonders for teething babies.

Jackie B
01-29-2009, 11:11 PM
My first baby didn't eat anything other than breastmilk until she was 8 months old. She just never lost her gag reflex. By the third and fourth babies I was just throwing whatever we were eating on the tray at five months. LOL

Sophie's_Mommy
01-30-2009, 11:05 AM
she does know how to chew. she chews everything, she has had shortbread cookies and she chewed them i gave her a cheerio last night and she chewed them, so i m pretty sure shes ready to expand her diet..lol..i am going to go to walmart today and buy her some of those baby finger foods like cookies and puff thingys. Shes so funny when she chews..the faces she makes looks like a old toothless man gumming his way threw a steak..lol. And instead of buying her jar foods im going to just puree veggies and mash sweet potatoes up for her, but i still have to buy her custard in a baby food jar, that is her favorite..lol.