PDA

View Full Version : no longer allowed to copy & paste links

intuit
02-03-2009, 07:09 AM
Can you imagine if soonet adopted the policy "you are no longer allowed to copy and paste links". For one, there would hardly be any threads. People would be required to use their own views/opinions and thoughts and post in their own words. Basically, you can read the same thing 3/4 times on other sites. (sootoday.com, soonews, michnews, and here). Wow, I guess some ppl would have nothing to do, if they couldn't copy and paste.

just a thought.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
02-03-2009, 07:41 AM
Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning....

$Spendbender$
02-03-2009, 09:10 AM
I have no problem with people copying and pasting interesting links.

I hate when they copy and paste the link to a story and then copy and paste the whole 3 page story that's in the link.

I mean, what's the point of that? If I want to read it, I'll go to the link.

SusyQ
02-03-2009, 09:13 AM
It's come too this complaining about LINKS I YI YI!!! (SHAKES HEAD).

Konig-OV
02-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Can you imagine if soonet adopted the policy "you are no longer allowed to copy and paste links". For one, there would hardly be any threads. People would be required to use their own views/opinions and thoughts and post in their own words. Basically, you can read the same thing 3/4 times on other sites. (sootoday.com, soonews, michnews, and here). Wow, I guess some ppl would have nothing to do, if they couldn't copy and paste.

just a thought.

Actually http://www.idontcare.com/

SusyQ
02-03-2009, 09:59 AM
:ssarcastic::ssarcastic:

Konig-OV
02-03-2009, 10:11 AM
Funny thing about links, is they tend to have facts to back up ones opinion. You are saying all opinions should be unique.

Also, people post links about a story/website in order to discuss the topic here. Sure there maybe a story on www.sootoday.com or www.soonews.ca that is worth while reading there, but maybe they want to discuss it on here?

This is afterall a discussion board.

8th
02-03-2009, 01:42 PM
feel free to discuss then! LOL http://www.soonet.ca/showthread.php?t=26731

Konig-OV
02-03-2009, 02:08 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2009/02/03/news/companies/gm_buyouts/index.htm

Since I don't have an opinion of my own.

GM offers buyouts to all hourly workers
GM follows a move by Chrysler to further cut labor costs, offering its factory workers the chance to cash out.
EMAIL | PRINT | SHARE | RSS Yahoo! Buzz
DIGG
FACEBOOK
DEL.ICIO.US
REDDIT
STUMBLE UPON
MYSPACE
MIXX IT
Subscribe to Companies

feed://rss.cnn.com/rss/money_news_companies.rss
Paste this link into your favorite RSS desktop reader
See all CNNMoney.com RSS FEEDS (close) By Chris Isidore, CNNMoney.com senior writer
Last Updated: February 3, 2009: 1:51 PM ET

Chrysler looks to Europe again

More VideosDETROIT'S DOWNFALL
Auto sales are worst in 26 years
GM offers buyouts to all hourly workers
Chrysler offers buyouts to all hourly workers
Car sales: From bad to worse
GM's $35 billion albatross

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- General Motors is offering buyouts to virtually all of its remaining hourly workers, becoming the latest automaker to try to cut labor costs by giving nervous workers an incentive to leave the company.

The move follows a similar move by Chrysler LLC, which made an offer to its hourly workers on Monday.

The GM (GM, Fortune 500) offer, which takes effect Friday, is less lucrative than the deal proposed by Chrysler, or even offers that GM has made to its hourly staff in the past. The automaker will give most of its 62,000 U.S. hourly workers $20,000, as well as a voucher good towards the purchase of a GM car worth $25,000.

In the past, GM offered between $45,000 to $62,500 to workers to retire early, and $140,000 to employees who left the company and agreed to give up post-retirement health care coverage. Those offers were all cash.

Chrysler's offer is for to $50,000 to virtually all of its 27,000 U.S. hourly workers, along with a voucher good for up to $25,000 on the purchase of a vehicle.

"Given our financial situation, we feel this is a responsible," said Sherrie Childers Arb, a GM spokeswoman. She said the company has not set a target for how many workers it wants or expects to take the offer.

The UAW agreed last week to eliminate a so-called "jobs bank" at GM as well as at Chrysler and Ford. The jobs bank had provided near full pay to UAW members whose positions were eliminated.

Childers Arb said the company believes a significant number of workers will take the offer, even if they had turned down previous, more generous offers, especially with the elimination of the jobs bank and the restructuring going on at GM.

"We hope as many who are eligible to take the program, take it," she said.

Neither Chrysler nor the UAW are commenting on the buyout offer there. According to a letter from UAW vice president General Holiefield, the head of the union's negotiating team with Chrysler, he negotiated the new offer with Chrysler because of the rising concern among some members about the company's future prospects.

His letter said that many workers may have accepted the earlier package if they had known about the end of the jobs bank and other difficulties facing the company. The letter was posted on one of the UAW local's Web site.

Some retirement-eligible workers at Chrysler plants that are set to close could get up to $115,000 in cash in addition to the $25,000 voucher. The packages are similar to ones Chrysler offered to its hourly workers late last year, although the voucher replaces part of the cash that was offered in 2008.

GM offered buyouts to all 74,000 of its U.S. hourly workers in 2008 and had about 19,000 leave the company. Ford had about 7,000 of about 54,000 workers take various buyout offers. Chrysler did not have buyout figures immediately available.

If more workers take the latest offers from GM or Chrysler than the companies want to cut, the 2007 labor deal allows them to hire new workers at a significantly lower pay scale, and with far less lucrative benefits than those who were on staff when the 2007 deal was struck.

David Cole, chairman of the Center for Automotive Research, said the fact that the latest offer includes a voucher for a car, rather than all cash, is a sign of the need to preserve cash, as well as the realization that workers might be willing to leave with less money in their pocket this time around.

"As people become more scared, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush," he said. Cole said if enough workers chose to leave Chrysler, it could increase the chance that Chrysler would chose to combine with another automaker rather than hire new workers.

The GM offer comes ahead of sales reports from major automakers due later Tuesday what are expected to show exceptionally weak January sales. It could end up being the worst month for the industry since 1982.

Sales tracker Edmunds.com is forecasting that GM sales fell 38%, while it expects Chrysler sales will plunge 48% from a year ago, the largest drop expected among the major automakers.

GM and Chrysler were both in danger of running out of the cash they needed to operate at the end of last year until they received a $13.4 billion in emergency loan from the Treasury Department.

Under terms of the loan, both companies must show progress towards bringing its labor costs in line with those at the nonunion U.S. plants of Asian automakers such as Toyota Motor (TM) and Honda Motor (HMC), or risk having the federal loan recalled.

First Published: February 3, 2009: 11:17 AM ET

SusyQ
02-03-2009, 02:39 PM
LMAO good one.

H.E. Pennypacker
02-03-2009, 03:56 PM
well i must agree i hate it too

Konig-OV
02-03-2009, 04:06 PM
This is why you have the power of choice. The choice wether or not to click that link.

Now, Art Vandelay, deal...... or not deal?

Macs II
02-03-2009, 04:09 PM
I have no opinion about this :srolleyes:

intuit
02-03-2009, 04:23 PM
just thought I would create a topic for discussion and no I did not wake up on the wrong side of the bed. (which is the right side anyway). I could have posted "anyone know when the GST cheques come in" and " did you get yours yet susy Q" lol

02-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Do you have a link supporting your fact that there will be no posts if it were not for linking?

H.E. Pennypacker
02-03-2009, 05:25 PM
This is why you have the power of choice. The choice wether or not to click that link.

Now, Art Vandelay, deal...... or not deal?

actually i decide if i even want to go into the thread just by hovering over the thread title to see the first couple of lines. we're all entitled to our opinions. thnx.

02-03-2009, 05:48 PM
So you purposely choose a path from which you hate. What kind of person, will purposely do something he or she hates, this is odd.

intuit
02-03-2009, 06:05 PM
So you purposely choose a path from which you hate. What kind of person, will purposely do something he or she hates, this is odd.

who/what are you referring too. I don't see the word "hate" used anywhere in this thread, except of course your post.

H.E. Pennypacker
02-03-2009, 06:06 PM
ignore said poster, intuit :)

Chaotic Chick
02-03-2009, 06:07 PM
well i must agree i hate it too

This is at least one instance where someone said they hate it. :P

02-03-2009, 06:09 PM
who/what are you referring too. I don't see the word "hate" used anywhere in this thread, except of course your post.

I was talking about Art, saying he HATES them too. Then I said don't click on it, then he said Wah I can if I want.

So I was just wondering why would he click on threads/links that he hates so much?

H.E. Pennypacker
02-03-2009, 06:11 PM
what's it to ya

intuit
02-03-2009, 06:11 PM
context vs content I guess lol

02-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Nope, I was right.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
02-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Ok Ok, next time we want to give some info we will just say OVER THERE >>>>>>>>>>>>>

intuit
02-03-2009, 06:15 PM
ok, but then your questioning him being " what kind of person" and then of course, " do something they hate" Little condensending, don't ya think, or better yet belittling. I hate going to work, but I do it ....lol

H.E. Pennypacker
02-03-2009, 06:16 PM
someone's just trying to stir the pot, that's all :P

02-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Not really, because I don't hate anyone.

H.E. Pennypacker
02-03-2009, 06:19 PM
good.

intuit
02-03-2009, 06:19 PM
but your quick to ask, " what kind of person would???????. so Your a judgemental person. Hope Art is not part of a minority group lol...........like white male perhaps lol

02-03-2009, 06:22 PM
How can I be judging someone when I'm asking what kind of person? Judging would be labeling, not asking what kind of label.

intuit
02-03-2009, 06:24 PM
asking what kind of person in your statement is labeling, in a negative manner. How else would you perceive it.

02-03-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm asking what kind of person would do such a thing. Labelling would be "This type of person would do such a thing".

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE.

intuit
02-03-2009, 06:38 PM
ok, I'll quit analyzing your statement, although, I would like to point out to others that its not what you say, but how you say it and how what you say is perceived by others. So please everyone, be careful on the keys that you hit on your computer, as others may just be offended by your comments or statements, as illustrated above.

02-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Ah, a battle of wits with an un-armed opponent.

Next.

intuit
02-03-2009, 06:41 PM
kinda like having "a battle of the wits", but your only half prepared.

8th
02-03-2009, 07:56 PM
If anyone is looking for a link to this thread see my previous post!

verotik66
02-03-2009, 10:49 PM

just a thought.

imagine if people could not complain about what other people do, how empty soonet would be

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
02-03-2009, 11:01 PM
On that note, what's open during March Break?

Peety
02-03-2009, 11:02 PM
On that note, what's open during March Break?

When is march break???...lol..

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
02-03-2009, 11:03 PM
April