PDA

View Full Version : Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction

chase_me
02-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Did anyone have it during pregnancy? What did your doc do to diagnoise it? How did they treat it? What doc did you have? Did you deliver ******lly or did you have to have a c-section because of it.

mags
02-04-2009, 07:00 AM
Never had it but have seen it. It can be diagnosed by checking your pelvic bones, watching how you move and your symptoms help. Doing a urine test rules out other things.
Rest is a big help but might be hard to get with baby #4. Try sleeping with a pillow between knees, a body pillow or pillow support belly if sleeping on side. A physiotherapist can help. Try some maternity panties that support the belly.
Who diagnosed you? Your Dr or midwife should have some information for you.
Symphysis pubis dysfunction doesn't mean equal not having a normal delivery. Just make sure you tell everyone involved in your labour and delivery that you have symphysis pubis dysfunction.
Good luck!

Giggle Squirt
02-04-2009, 10:32 AM
I don't know what that is but it souds painfull. I wish the best of luck to both of you.

Sophie's_Mommy
02-04-2009, 10:58 AM
http://www.birthsource.com/scripts/article.asp?articleid=189

lotsagifts
02-05-2009, 08:41 AM
Hi,

My name is Tammy. I had a son almost 8 years ago and was finally diagnosed with this 4 weeks after delivery. I have lots and lots of information and have also provided some doctors here with packages containing the information I have. I also had a lawyer involved because I am permanently disabled because of the separation. I actually had X-rays again last week of my pelvis and hips.

I have sent you a PM with my contact information. Please call me.

I have information about being pregnant while having it, during delivery, and also after pregnancy. Different types of treatments available, pain management, sexual positions etc. It is amazing the things that you should not do.

$Spendbender$
02-05-2009, 11:59 AM
va8ina is a bad word?

Dragonfly
02-05-2009, 12:26 PM
apparently