PDA

View Full Version : Ok some one please fill me in..

Giggle Squirt
02-03-2009, 08:29 PM
So my friends husband is going to get his sperm counted and she told me that they have to abstain for 3 days before the test.. Well my question is why the 3 days?

Evangeline
02-03-2009, 08:34 PM
because they want to see what his sperm count is without it being emptied, want to make sure he's "maxed out" as far as how much sperm he can make and store.

Giggle Squirt
02-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Oh. wel that does not make sence to me if they are "doing it" like every day.. wouldn't they want to see what he is putting out every time?

Evangeline
02-03-2009, 08:46 PM
no they want to see what his maximum output is. They don't want to give fertility drugs unless necessary.

Giggle Squirt
02-03-2009, 08:53 PM
ah i understand.. i told her and she is not to happy about waiting three days LOL They are trying for number 2 with no luck:(

02-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Well, i'm always there for fellow couples. If she needs my assistance, i'll be there.

Giggle Squirt
02-03-2009, 09:20 PM
i don't think she would object but are you willing to travel?

02-03-2009, 09:22 PM
I am willing travel. lol

GRUMPY
02-03-2009, 09:30 PM
maybe you can lend him a helping hand.

Peety
02-03-2009, 09:32 PM
I am willing travel. lol

Thats mighty nice of you!:star:

Upper Decker
02-03-2009, 09:47 PM
man that would be a brutal 3 days. didnt know this until today, but i found out canola oil is used for cooking!

italiandomino
02-03-2009, 09:47 PM
I don't know if I could last 3 days

Upper Decker
02-03-2009, 09:48 PM
I don't know if I could last 3 days

No doubt, 3 hours is a feat let alone 3 days

Chaotic Chick
02-03-2009, 09:49 PM
No doubt, 3 hours is a feat let alone 3 days

Whatever. Like anyone wants to go near you lol.

Giggle Squirt
02-03-2009, 10:00 PM
ya i find this whole thing very amusing... he also has the option of taking the sample at home, and transporting it to the collection site under his armpit. in a paper bag. I almost died laughing. I told her to take his visa card to an adult store LOl...the things people do to have kids. would you give it up for three days to have a baby that will keep you up for 9 month?

rmkryan
02-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Is it really going to screw things up if he does get off?

verotik66
02-03-2009, 10:48 PM
I'm 3 for 3, if she needs some sailors i can drop them anywhere she wants them

Giggle Squirt
02-03-2009, 10:51 PM
haha she will accept your offer!!!

official soonet pu$$ycat
02-04-2009, 12:23 AM
Well I will take the husband. I'm always willing to experiment

tasma
02-04-2009, 01:55 AM
Doesn't it sound strange that they are trying for number 2, if they already have one how did his sperm count suddenly go from 8 million to whatever in the time they conceived the first one? My brother in law has a kid from his first marriage and when he and my sister tried they found out he had an extremely low count, he doesn't want to know if his daughter is his or not. I would be suspicious if I "already" had a kid. but then thats just me!

hp2
02-04-2009, 04:22 AM
sometimes sperm count is not always done for fertility(to have and to hold) EITHER.....

They also count after a vasectomy NOT once but they want it three times... so I have heard.

SusyQ
02-04-2009, 08:53 AM
I'm 3 for 3, if she needs some sailors i can drop them anywhere she wants them

You got a few extra ummmmm you can send them my way. :tongue:

Giggle Squirt
02-04-2009, 09:27 AM
Doesn't it sound strange that they are trying for number 2, if they already have one how did his sperm count suddenly go from 8 million to whatever in the time they conceived the first one? My brother in law has a kid from his first marriage and when he and my sister tried they found out he had an extremely low count, he doesn't want to know if his daughter is his or not. I would be suspicious if I "already" had a kid. but then thats just me!

They tried for over 2.5 years for the first one. For the second one they went to a doc for help because they wanted the babies close together. He works in an enviroment that is not to friendly on the swimmers.

Sophie's_Mommy
02-04-2009, 09:43 AM
shes worried about 3 days..lol..try going 2 months..lol..that was hard and long, the last month of me being pregnant( neither one of us felt comfortable..lol..thinking we would hurt the baby..lol.) and then the 6 weeks after i had her. That sucked ass, but it was good when it came time..lol..it was like the 1st time all over again..lol..

Sophie's_Mommy
02-04-2009, 09:44 AM
They tried for over 2.5 years for the first one. For the second one they went to a doc for help because they wanted the babies close together. He works in an enviroment that is not to friendly on the swimmers.

took us 5 years we miscarried then we got pregnant with Sophie. But then again i was told at 18 i would never have a child unless i adopted..

puppy
02-04-2009, 10:54 AM
sometimes sperm count is not always done for fertility(to have and to hold) EITHER.....

They also count after a vasectomy NOT once but they want it three times... so I have heard.

wrong hp2...i had a vasectomy and had the post vas sperm count done and they only want it once just to make sure the swimmers died...and to make sure ur shooting blanks...

hp2
02-04-2009, 10:57 AM
wrong hp2...i had a vasectomy and had the post vas sperm count done and they only want it once just to make sure the swimmers died...and to make sure ur shooting blanks...

who did yours.. DR rike(sp) did the one IM speeking of.. and he wanted 3.. to make it documented.

Sophie's_Mommy
02-04-2009, 10:58 AM
puppy is right, my dad had it done and went in shortly after the procedure and that was it, its been 7 years and he s never had to go back. I have heard of people getting pregnant years after their husbands had it done. i know someone who went threw it, this is going to sound bad and i think it is gross but she was 23 he was 65, she got pregnant with a little girl then she had twin boys, and he had a vas done when he was 40..lol..so i thin maybe they should have some sorta testing done every few years to make sure they are all dead, but they don t do it as of yet.

Sophie's_Mommy
02-04-2009, 10:59 AM
who did yours.. DR rike(sp) did the one IM speeking of.. and he wanted 3.. to make it documented.

i dont know who did my dads but maybe every doctor is diffrent.

puppy
02-04-2009, 11:05 AM

nope my doc was dr mohammed..he only wants 1 done

rmkryan
02-04-2009, 11:08 AM
is it normal for the sperm to get through after you have had your boys snipped? How often does that happen? They must be super sperm.

puppy
02-04-2009, 11:16 AM
if it is done right no

Suze
02-04-2009, 11:28 AM
My ex's doctor had him go three times as well.

chase_me
02-04-2009, 05:02 PM

My husband and i had no problems conceiving our two sons, or the baby i lost. But then after it took us 4 years to get pregnant with my daughter and then things seemed to right themselves nad i am not expecting #4 with no waiting at all. The body is a mysertious thing.

Tutones
02-04-2009, 06:29 PM

A lot of different factors can affect sperm count. His may have been fine a few years ago but illness or injury could have caused it to be reduced... if it IS reduced. He hasn't even had the test yet. Besides, it only takes one sperm to fertilize an egg... the odds just aren't as good.

Giggle Squirt
02-04-2009, 06:54 PM
I have been researching it and have come accross something called secondary infertility. It is basically the first child was made no problem but then when it comes around to the second baby things just don't want to pan out. Before they do any more tests or persue any fertility treatments they want to make sure that his boys are marching doubble time. I mean their is not point in treating her when he is the problem right? He does minning for a living and where they live has a high birth defect rate and stuff from the mines. So that is what they are thinking. They moved away from thoes mines and are now at a different set of mines.

chase_me
02-05-2009, 09:13 AM
Also when you are trying to conceive you should only be having sex every 2-3 days to give his swimmers time to reload lol. Gives him a higher sperm count and a better chance at fertilization

verotik66
02-05-2009, 09:17 PM
puppy is right, my dad had it done and went in shortly after the procedure and that was it, its been 7 years and he s never had to go back. I have heard of people getting pregnant years after their husbands had it done. i know someone who went threw it, this is going to sound bad and i think it is gross but she was 23 he was 65, she got pregnant with a little girl then she had twin boys, and he had a vas done when he was 40..lol..so i thin maybe they should have some sorta testing done every few years to make sure they are all dead, but they don t do it as of yet.

lol but i bet the kids didn't look like their dad!!!

verotik66
02-06-2009, 01:27 PM
You got a few extra ummmmm you can send them my way. :tongue:

hehe anytime! should i abstain for 3 days beforehand? lol

hp2
02-07-2009, 10:49 AM
I did not think at 65 they could still get it up.. KUDOS TO the old guy

Peety
02-07-2009, 12:26 PM
I did not think at 65 they could still get it up.. KUDOS TO the old guy

I guess thats why they call then dirty old men!!