PDA

View Full Version : Plugged Ear

rmkryan
02-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Last night when I went to bed my right ear became plugged. I tried cleaning it and putting water in it to know avail. I have no idea why it's plugged or how to unplug it. Any ideas?

Babzz
02-04-2009, 09:11 AM
put a few drops of peroxide in your ear.. It will start to bubble up and will desolve the wax buid up. very safe

rmkryan
02-04-2009, 09:42 AM
I tired it. Worked only a little bit.

Giggle Squirt
02-04-2009, 10:29 AM
go to the pharmacy and get a ear flusher thing..
Or usue the babys.

Kittie
02-04-2009, 01:26 PM
OR, you could plug yer nose with yer hands and then hold closed yer mouth and blow REALLY hard. :]

Giggle Squirt
02-04-2009, 06:45 PM
If he does that his brains might explode out his ears.

kitty&mimi
02-04-2009, 07:22 PM
do what kittie said but don't blow hard! lol
i had issues yrs ago with this and my np told me to plug and blow, but gently!
if it's wax then u could lay down on that ear with something hot, to kinda melt it
she also told me to gargle with salt water

bluekrissyspikes
02-05-2009, 12:45 AM
when that happens to my step-son we have to put baby oil in his ear. it takes a few days to clear up and we have to keep putting it in. it breaks up the earwax if that's the problem... the doc said it was the safest way to do it. he doesn't seem to like it very much though

Brookelynn
02-05-2009, 12:26 PM
A mixture of water and vinegar will break up the wax as well.

Lollypop
02-05-2009, 02:07 PM
Don't hold your nose and blow hard, you could damage your ear drum.
If you are still fiddling with your ear, stop now. Chances are you are pushing the wax further into the canal.
Apply oil (vegetable, baby,mineral) to the inside of your ear for 3 days. After that has softened the wax, then you can try to flush it.

kitty&mimi
02-05-2009, 09:50 PM
oh i forgot to mention that i had my ear flushed one time at ghc yrs ago
it's a big syringe filled with warm water....works well and fast
but u need to go to the dr to see if it's wax build-up or infection..

Xzavia
02-10-2009, 11:50 AM
A mixture of water and vinegar will break up the wax as well.

My son used to have alot of trouble with buildup, he had real tiny canals. Our Doctor always reccommended the vinegar and water solution. Use one of those ball shaped ear syring thingys and flush it out with this mixture. Have them lean over a sink while you do it and gently squeeze the solution in and let it drain. Repeat a few times then do it all over again after.