PDA

View Full Version : Helpful People on Fourth Line Last Night

**Owens Mommy**
02-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Last night around 6pm we were driving my son to Lizzardskills daughters birthday party at Farmer Bob's and we lost control of our truck and slammed into a snowbank. I just wanted to say thank you to all the people that were so kind and came out to help us. Before anyone came out a police officer drove by and didn't even stop to check on us. It was disgusting, but to all of those that came out and helped us Thank you so much....my son and I were pretty cold and scared.

MissMuffett
02-08-2009, 02:26 PM
the soo has some pretty amazing people thats for sure!! :D

Quick Slice
02-08-2009, 02:40 PM
and some pretty unhelpful police officers, by the sounds of it.

Dragonfly
02-08-2009, 02:58 PM
The police didnt stop to help?? Thats ridiculous

**Owens Mommy**
02-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Nope just drove on by....came by later when we had most of the rode blocked trying to pull the truck out of the snowbank

SusyQ
02-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Nope just drove on by....came by later when we had most of the rode blocked trying to pull the truck out of the snowbank

Well wouldn't that be nice if they drove by a DRUNK stuck in a snowbank. Another one got away. Unreal.

hp2
02-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Were you hurt owens mom.. You looked sore last night... YOUR little one is great.

Peety
02-08-2009, 05:13 PM
That is crazy!!
Good thing no one was hurt!
I'd be calling and asking why the hell they didn't stop!!

**Owens Mommy**
02-08-2009, 05:35 PM
I hurt my back when we hit the snowbank...but I already have back problems so it just aggravated an existing problem....I'm glad he was good!!! He was pretty choked he missed the sleigh ride...:(

official soonet pu$$ycat
02-08-2009, 05:42 PM
The police were busy in that area with something very important. Get over yourselves.

lotsagifts
02-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Busy? I don't recall a donut shop on 4th line??

official soonet pu$$ycat
02-08-2009, 06:10 PM
How original. What next a blonde joke?

**Owens Mommy**
02-08-2009, 06:11 PM
The Doc...if you don't have something useful to say why even say anything? This was a thread thanking the people who helped us last night....Get Over YOURself

official soonet pu$$ycat
02-08-2009, 07:11 PM

Oh to thank people is what the thread is about eh? Drive according to conditions and police won't have a need to stop. Cars dont just lose control. I would just like to thank the police for their excellent work that night helping someone in extreme need of their services.

Huggy85
02-08-2009, 07:21 PM
This was a thread thanking the people who helped us last night....Get Over YOURself

Police bashing started very early in the thread too and continued.

stitchkingg
02-08-2009, 07:25 PM
smart cop

GRUMPY
02-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Actually there is no reason that the cops have for not stopping even if its just to check that everyone is alright. Not knowing why you were in the snow bank its a leap to say that it was your fault. You could be there of your own fault or forced off even black ice so for some to get on here and jump on you shows little class and even less brain power.

official soonet pu$$ycat
02-08-2009, 07:28 PM
So blaming the police when you have no idea what they are dealing with at the moment is the same thing as me jumping to conclusions.Just as "classless". She even said they came back.

Barry Morris
02-08-2009, 07:36 PM
... Drive according to conditions ....

The biggest BS you can find!!!

official soonet pu$$ycat
02-08-2009, 07:38 PM
LOL!

lotsagifts
02-08-2009, 07:40 PM
I will blame the police EVERYTIME if they actually see someone in need of help and drive by...even if they did come back is irrelevant. There is no excuse. They could have stopped and asked what was up and then said that they were calling it in and someone else would be there to help them. Driving by is no excuse.

So Doc, I am sorry if you take offense to my "donut shop" joke. But if there is a call for one, I will make it, lol :)

I am not usually one to make these types of comments....but....considering my unfortunate experience with our city police....I feel that my comment was well "fueled".

I do agree, that there are wonderful policeman out there and I know of some personally, but as I said before, any officer who is willing to drive by someone who may be in obvious need of help deserves to be picked on.

In my opinion, anyways.

Jst4u
02-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Cars dont just lose control.

Actually, they do. I was in Spanish last night going to my uncles and my car (with me barely pushing the gas) went right into the snowbank. The roads were glare ice. I don't care if you have 4 wheel drive with chains on your tires...you have no control on a skating rink.

**Owens Mommy**
02-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Now I remember why stopped posting on this website, some of you are just ridiculous, ANY police Officer that drives by a woman and a child standing on the side of the road with their vehicle up on a snowbank in the dark isn't a very good one. But AGAIN...thanks to those kind people that came out and helped us.

Also I'm pretty sure I said WE lost control of the vehicle, I didn't blame anyone else, it was sheer ice and we were coming down a hill on a corner, accidents happen. That's why they are called accidents, and seriously why attack everyone? Do you have nothing better to do?

And yes I was a little upset that they didn't stop to see if we were ok, I was scared and so was my son, I thought that was their job but I stand corrected. I didn't realize the city police only handled one case at a time.

stitchkingg
02-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Actually, they do. I was in Spanish last night going to my uncles and my car (with me barely pushing the gas) went right into the snowbank. The roads were glare ice. I don't care if you have 4 wheel drive with chains on your tires...you have no control on a skating rink.

Sounds like you alignment is screwed up

EyelashExtensions
02-08-2009, 08:26 PM
If anyone has driven up in this area you would know the roads are GLARE ICE. A van almost slid right past my daughters stopped school bus on friday, he was NOT traveling at an excessive speed. For all the police knew there could have been someone seriously hurt.

official soonet pu$$ycat
02-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Always a certain gender. LOL

MaO3
02-08-2009, 08:39 PM
The cop should have stopped to verify that no-one was injured. IF he was on his way to a serious incident, he should have at least checked on her and called someone else in.

To leave a woman and child alone on a dark rural road without at least checking to see if she was ok or if she had a cell phone is just wrong.

SIMBA
02-08-2009, 08:39 PM
:omg:

**Owens Mommy**
02-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Always a certain gender. LOL

My bf was still in the truck, and it was HIM that was driving, once again a useless post

Huggy85
02-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Police bashing started very early in the thread too and continued.

I'll withdraw the above remark. The police should have stopped; even if just to get an OK sign.

GRUMPY
02-08-2009, 09:05 PM
true, how much time would it have taken to stop and ask if everyone was alright?

italiandomino
02-08-2009, 09:33 PM
and some pretty unhelpful police officers, by the sounds of it.

Maybe they were responding to a domestic assault and some guy was beating on his wife. we dont' know the circumstances to it is pretty hard to judge the reason why they didn't stop.

official soonet pu$$ycat
02-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Because someone isnt telling the whole story. They did not just drive by and refuse to acknowledge the situation. They watched you as you sat there cold and hurt then decided to come back later. Interesting.

Peety
02-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Because someone isnt telling the whole story. They did not just drive by and refuse to acknowledge the situation. They watched you as you sat there cold and hurt then decided to come back later. Interesting.

Why are they not telling the whole story?

official soonet pu$$ycat
02-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Why are they not telling the whole story?

To create controversy. It would be a boring story if the " police just pointed and stared" part wasn't added.

Jackie B
02-08-2009, 11:07 PM
You seem to know an awful lot about the situation Doc. Care to share exactly what it is you know specifically?

official soonet pu$$ycat
02-08-2009, 11:08 PM
So Doc, I am sorry if you take offense to my "donut shop" joke. But if there is a call for one, I will make it, lol :)

lol not offended. They are supposed to protect us. When they don't stop it gives people false hope. Kinda like another profession I know of. I don't believe in false hope so bring on the donuts.

Peety
02-08-2009, 11:10 PM
Kinda like another profession I know of.

Which is?

official soonet pu$$ycat
02-08-2009, 11:12 PM
Kinda like another profession I know of.

Which is?

People who reload pop machines incorrectly.

Jackie B
02-08-2009, 11:12 PM
Is it possible that's when they came by later, after passing them once and continuing on? The post does say that they pretty much had it under control by the time the police came back.

Peety
02-08-2009, 11:16 PM

How much later?? Did the police come back?
10 minutes 20

official soonet pu$$ycat
02-08-2009, 11:17 PM
No its not possible.

"ANY police Officer that drives by a woman and a child standing on the side of the road with their vehicle"

To make this story more controversial, notice she did not mention the man who was driving? Why? Because a scared woman and child makes a better story. Trust me Jackie, I know.

Jackie B
02-08-2009, 11:20 PM
Okie doke...you know more about it than me. I was just speculating.

official soonet pu$$ycat
02-08-2009, 11:21 PM
No big deal. I think people here just need to understand you are getting one side of a story. Take it for what it is and don't instantly condemn people based on one person's story. Thats all. Enjoy the end of the Grammys all.

Peety
02-08-2009, 11:23 PM
No its not possible.

"ANY police Officer that drives by a woman and a child standing on the side of the road with their vehicle"

To make this story more controversial, notice she did not mention the man who was driving? Why? Because a scared woman and child makes a better story. Trust me Jackie, I know.

She did say her bf was driving..

official soonet pu$$ycat
02-08-2009, 11:25 PM
After my gender comment. I didn't mean it, I just wanted everyone to know there was a male involved. Not just a scared woman and child.

Peety
02-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Last night around 6pm we were driving my son

I knew she was not alone..When she said we...

official soonet pu$$ycat
02-08-2009, 11:36 PM
Ok. The police saw a scared mom and child sitting on the side of the road in front of a truck that was stuck inside a snowbank and just kept going. They stared and said they must need no help. Thats the story we will stick with. In summation, the police in this city suck. No compassion whatsoever. LOL.

**Owens Mommy**
02-09-2009, 02:47 AM
well doc i'm glad you were there so i would know exactly what happened...jesus keep arguing a mute point, before you comment actually read what was written, you are the only one thart made this thread conterversal, as far as i can tell...

Jst4u
02-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Would it matter if it was just a woman and a child or just a vehicle full of men?

If a vehicle is stuck in a snowbank, you would think a passing police car would at the very least slow down and ask if anyone was hurt...

And to whoever made the comment about my car being out of alignment or something...no, it's not. It was a corner at the top of a decline and the road was like a skating rink. I don't care who you are or what you're driving lol You're not in control in a situation like that.

Sophie's_Mommy
02-09-2009, 09:52 AM
wow some people, and owen's mom i agree the cop SHOULD do stopped to make sure no one was hurt, that is their job. What if the person who was ion the snowbank had a heart attack and or there was a infant hurt, the cop should of taken 2 minutes to make sure everyone was ok then went about his Busy business, which im guessing he was just out that way on a drive like they do all the time..lol..

official soonet pu$$ycat
02-09-2009, 10:40 AM
jesus keep arguing a mute point, before

I would but whats the point if theres no sound? Good thing its not a moot point I was arguing. I know what happened. The police did not ignore the situation.

**Owens Mommy**
02-09-2009, 10:53 AM
bahaha the sign of someone that is just arguing for the sake of arguing is when they start picking on the spelling of the other party, PARDON ME for not spelling it right, you obviously understood what I meant,. And where you there? There was a person that came by later, and he was making a scene cause we had the road blocked trying to get the truck out, swearing and acting like a douchebag, was that you? Wouldn't be surprised.

MaO3
02-09-2009, 10:53 AM
I would but whats the point if theres no sound? Good thing its not a moot point I was arguing. I know what happened. The police did not ignore the situation.

So Doc, you must have been one of the cops in the car then?
Otherwise how could you possibly know what happened???