PDA

View Full Version : Chiropractor?

EyelashExtensions
02-10-2009, 09:59 AM
I'm in serious need of a good chiropractor! Anyone have a recommendation?

KelBear
02-10-2009, 10:22 AM
I use stephen scott on the corner of church and queen.. I have been going to him for years!! 942-CARE!

EyelashExtensions
02-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Thanks Kelbear! I'll give him a call.

EyelashExtensions
02-10-2009, 10:25 AM
Bah his office is closed right now, lol

Brookelynn
02-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Rodney Myers.

Jackie B
02-10-2009, 10:37 AM
I use Dr. Michael McKay across from Canadian Tire. I have been to about 10 different chiropractors in my life, and he is the only one who have ever fixed the problem. I was given his name by the Midwives of Algoma. Fantastic guy and always got me in quickly. If memory serves me, I believe his number is 759-2199.

Sophie's_Mommy
02-10-2009, 11:55 AM
i would recommend Dr Ann-Liz Simpson, only cause shes a friend of the family, but she is also very nice and a very good Chiropractor as well.. shes open everyday and takes walk inns as well. She opens fairly early some days , around 7am..and she s close late too if you can t make it till a certain time. She is on Wellington street across from Brock street.

Homey
02-10-2009, 01:10 PM
I've tried others but go back to Dino Mazzuca. On one occassion, I had such terrible pain when I originally went, but after receiving the very first treatment, I felt great! My whole family visits his office for regular alignment. 256-2225

houlegan
02-10-2009, 03:38 PM
I go to Dr. Nenonen- he's on McNabb beside the Mac's store - his number is 7595941.

I've been going there for years now.

lotsagifts
02-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Dr Campana in the Healing Arts Center....amazing....even did house calls when I was stuck at home and couldn't walk...I believe that if it weren't for him I would have had to use a walker to walk down the aisle on my wedding day. He is amazing. Stuck with me and is always smiling. Wonderful.

Asparas
02-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Dr Campana in the Healing Arts Center....amazing....even did house calls when I was stuck at home and couldn't walk...I believe that if it weren't for him I would have had to use a walker to walk down the aisle on my wedding day. He is amazing. Stuck with me and is always smiling. Wonderful.

Agreed! I've been with him for many years, and he's such a kind person too!!

Jack Butler
02-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Dr. Rodney Myers 759 1075

EyelashExtensions
02-11-2009, 08:35 AM
I called Dr. Myers.....appointment with him in a few days. Thanks everyone :)

Brookelynn
02-11-2009, 08:41 AM
You won't be disappointed!!!!! Let us know how you made out!

KelBear
02-11-2009, 01:35 PM
You could have gotten into Steven Scott today if you called.. i just called and got into him for 4pm

Lollypop
02-13-2009, 11:11 AM
I have been to a few different chiro's and none of them were effective in giving relief. Deep Tissue Massage worked wonders for me.

Jack Butler
02-13-2009, 01:40 PM
I have been to a few different chiro's and none of them were effective in giving relief. Deep Tissue Massage worked wonders for me.

That's great, sometimes there is nothing better!
The problem is, when there is a problem with your spine or frame, the pain or discomfort you feel is a product of the misalignment or subluxsation.
You can do all the muscle work you want and you still won't remedy the problem until the misalignment is corrected.
Treating the cause of the problem is the proper way to approach it.
That being said, deep tissue massage has it's place and is very effective for some problems.
You just need to know the difference.

Lollypop
02-13-2009, 02:48 PM
My problems aren't misalignment, I truly believe that chiro's aren't for everyone. I am not knocking them, just giving another option.
From personal experience, I have left 2 differen't offices in tears and unbearable pain.

Jack Butler
02-13-2009, 07:28 PM
It's good you know your problem and how to get satisfaction and relief.
To say Chiropractors aren't for everyone is over stated.
Chiropractors can help everyone, they just can't help everyone with everything.

EyelashExtensions
02-13-2009, 07:38 PM
You won't be disappointed!!!!! Let us know how you made out!

Uggh not good! Have to go for x-rays.....grrrrr. He might not be able to fix me at all!

Jack Butler
02-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Sorry to hear that.
Had he tried, you may have left with Lollypop's opinion.
He might not be able to fix you.
What he can and will do is make you understand your problem, perhaps better than you do now.
One thing he won't do is, waste your time.
If he can help he will, if he can't he will tell you he can't and will recommend an alternative.
IMO, Dr. Myers is by far the best Chiropractor we have in the Sault and his opinion is, the way it is, no fluff!
Good luck!

IMHO
02-14-2009, 08:06 AM
I would never let them adjust the neck...that cracking sound could be fatal.

Jack Butler
02-14-2009, 09:00 AM
That is not necessarily true.
Although there is a issue with the neck to be very concerned about, the neck adjustment can be and is important to correct some problems.
If you talk to your DC about it and your concerns, sometimes there are alternatives, sometimes there are not.
The stats that concur with what you have said are extremely small.
Here's something that will help you understand.

http://www.amerchiro.org/pdf/chiro-risks.pdf

EyelashExtensions
02-14-2009, 01:54 PM
Actually for me a neck crack can be fatal. The chiropractor told me this yesterday. Because I have rheumatoid arthritis and is causes problems with connective tissue. The disease will eventually thin my tendons and if I was to have my neck cracked it could paralyze me or kill me, because it would "break" my vertebrae. He told me to NEVER let anyone crack my neck. I never knew this and it's good info to have. I have damage to the right side of my spine, possibly some disc damage. He's unsure if it is rheumatoid mimicking a disc issue or if it really is my disc. If it is my disc, I'll need to have surgery and there is nothing he can do for me. It won't fix whats wrong. :(

EyelashExtensions
02-14-2009, 02:00 PM
I agree Jack, Dr. Myers is AWESOME!! He explained everything to me and even more than what my rheumatoid Dr. told me about my arthritis. I would recommend him to anyone I knew. He could tell right away that I was depressed about my health right now, cause I can barely move. He explained everything in great detail. He was very honest, and told me I only need to see him once a week. Even if it is my arthritis he can help a bit but only so much(which I already knew anyway). He was very forthcoming and blunt about whats wrong and what he can do. Excellent chiropractor in my opinion.

Jack Butler
02-14-2009, 02:08 PM
Glad to hear it.
Your story has been told by thousands, over and over.
There are many Doctors that you can see for your problems.
There are few that I would consider to be healers.
Dr. Myers is a true healer!