PDA

View Full Version : bad accident

bluekrissyspikes
02-11-2009, 05:42 PM
there was a bad accident on elgin street at queen about twenty minutes ago. the roads are closed off right now. there was at least one person seriously injured(or appeared to be seriously injured) that had to be cut out of the car. if your loved ones are out in the area you should call their cell to make sure they are okay. as far as i could tell the injured person was a male passanger. it was grey car vs. black or navy truck accident both have obvious damage. the car appears to be a write off. the driver and passanger from one of the vehicles were taken away in handcuffs.(not sure this may be regular procedure)

Craig Huckerby
02-11-2009, 06:17 PM
http://soonews.ca/viewarticle.php?id=21128 Still trying to get more information about it, we have video coming up.

Xzavia
02-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Your linky no worky for me Craig.

EyelashExtensions
02-11-2009, 06:26 PM
http://www.soonews.ca/viewarticle.php?id=21128

jag
02-11-2009, 06:27 PM
http://www.soonews.ca
top story

Craig Huckerby
02-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Your linky no worky for me Craig.

sorry about that...it's fixed though I see others have posted it properly :)

hp2
02-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Impaired charge laid following Queen Street crash
By David Helwig
SooToday.com
Wednesday, February 11, 2009

City Police say one person was seriously injured when a passenger vehicle and a pickup collided at Queen and Elgin Streets earlier this evening.

At least one other person is also being treated at Sault Area Hospital, but the extent of injuries is unknown at this time.

The car ended up on the sidewalk in front of Dr. Mark Santana's dental clinic, missing the building by inches.

Bradley Hallaert, 122 Parkland Crescent, has been charged with impaired driving causing injury.

A portion of Queen Street will remain blocked off until later tonight while investigators reconstruct the crash.

Police request that people driving downtown avoid Queen Street and instead use Wellington Street or St. Mary's River Drive.

**Owens Mommy**
02-11-2009, 08:58 PM
This is so terrible, I Hope the lady makes it. The selfish choice brad made ruined 2 families....I am so sorry to the people he hurt.

Luv to be on the GO
02-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Dear God ----When will they ever learn !!!!!!
How sad for the people that were hurt .

lucky seven
02-11-2009, 09:55 PM
Praying that everyone heals quickly from this. Wish there was an update somewhere....

italiandomino
02-11-2009, 11:07 PM
The girl hurt is the daughter of a co-worker .. she was hurt pretty bad .. so I certainly hope everything is ok with her and the family.

italiandomino
02-11-2009, 11:08 PM
I have said this before ... I wish death to every idiot that drives drunk.

official soonet pu$$ycat
02-12-2009, 12:39 AM
Fools that think drinking and driving during the day doesn't count.

bluekrissyspikes
02-12-2009, 12:44 AM
hmm...i figured it was someone drinking and driving because the passanger tried to leave the scene but i was trying not to jump to conclusions. i keep checking for updates. i hope the girl is doing okay.

lucky seven
02-12-2009, 09:49 AM
anyone know why the passenger of the truck would also be taken away in handcuffs? This is a sad, sad story. I really hope for all involved that the young girl makes a full recovery.

**Owens Mommy**
02-12-2009, 09:52 AM
He tried to flee the scene, I really hope she makes it too, my parents are just a mess over Brad doing soething so freakin' STUPID

Sophie's_Mommy
02-12-2009, 10:17 AM
owens mommy, is brad your brother? That is so sad, i hope this girl makes it she is just young too. I lost a cousin who was in her early 20's this past year due to a accident. They guy who hit her and killed her is in jail. i hope this girl makes it and i hope brad does not do anything stupid like this again.

**Owens Mommy**
02-12-2009, 10:19 AM
He's my younger brother yes, it's just awful...my family is just sick about the poor girl

Super Gram
02-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Yes Brad is freakin stupid and I hope they throw the book at him. This drunk driving has to stop.:confused2: I don't have one bit of sympathy for them

Sophie's_Mommy
02-12-2009, 10:22 AM
im so sorry for your family owens mommy, i know your family is probably hurting jut as much, it is a very sad situation. Does anyone know how bad this girl is injured? Is she awake or unconscious, did they say what was wrong with her?

**Owens Mommy**
02-12-2009, 10:24 AM
I can't even say anything to defend him, I just really hope that girl makes it. So young...

Sophie's_Mommy
02-12-2009, 10:27 AM
i understand, u want to defend him but you really can't. Well all the luck to your family and to this girls and her family, i hope she makes it as well, she is too young to loose her life.

italiandomino
02-12-2009, 10:28 AM
im so sorry for your family owens mommy, i know your family is probably hurting jut as much, it is a very sad situation. Does anyone know how bad this girl is injured? Is she awake or unconscious, did they say what was wrong with her?

she is hurt very bad ... it isn't my place to explain the injuries. but she was hurt very bad.

**Owens Mommy**
02-12-2009, 10:29 AM
I'm not even going to try Sophie's ommy, I'm just praying for that girl and her family, and my family as well

02-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Not to jump on the thread, but is it an oxymoron (bad accident) if there is no such thing as a good accident? (vehicle related)

Brookelynn
02-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Bad accident I would think means people hurt or killed and the vehicles smashed up. Fender benders and minor injuries wouldn't be considered bad. IMO.

Sophie's_Mommy
02-12-2009, 10:54 AM
well all anyone can do right now is pray she ll be ok. And as for brad, i dont know what to say except i hope he feels like a piece of crap right now and realizes how bad this is and that he may o taken a life away. Prayers with both sides of the families involved. If that girls family looses a daughter then brads family will loose a son cause he will go to jail for a long long time. That is sad for such young people but when will they realize that drinking and driving is not good at all and **** like this happens.
I m watching my wording only because ownens mommy is this guys sister

IMHO
02-12-2009, 11:04 AM
She is listed is SERIOUS condition...not critical...so that is good news for now. Lets pray for this girl and her family. Brad...you did the crime now you must do the time. I have no sympathy at all for impaired drivers. I do feel for Brads family as there is nothing they can do about it.

EyelashExtensions
02-12-2009, 11:14 AM
I agree, I feel very bad for the girl and her family and at the same time for Brads family as well. He is a grown man and they have no control over his actions. A very sad day for both families involved. I hope the girl makes it with no lasting physical injuries. The emotional ones unfortunately will be with her for the rest of her life. People drink and drive and they think they will never hurt someone. In the end they devastate the ones they love and others families and lives.

Ultra54
02-12-2009, 11:19 AM
This Brad guys family are probably right behind the victims and their families in terms of tragedy and impact. I would speculate based on the thoroughness of the investigation that there is a good chance she might not make it. A very common result of a side impact is severe head trauma.
The only reason I could think that the passenger would flee and be cuffed would be say possession or a warrant. I can't see a passeger could ever be held accountable.

Sophie's_Mommy
02-12-2009, 11:23 AM
i guess i missed the part in the paper about a passenger trying to fee the scene..weird, either he did have a warrant or he had drugs or somethign who knows, but i truly hope she makes it, and i read in the sault star, they just updated it, that they are not releasing him from custody yet, which im thinking means that this girl probably has little chances of making it so they will hold him till they know so they can charge him with manslaughter and so he does not try to flee town..cause if they knew this girl was going to live they would release him and make him appear in court but just by reading that they are still holding him means the worse...poor families what a tragedy,,

Light_Keeper
02-12-2009, 11:43 AM
This is an impossible situation. Both families are in crisis. One cannot be responsible for what their child/sibling dose. Unfortunately, this young girl has a hard road ahead of her and my thoughts and prayer go out to her and her family. It is never easy when a family member is hurt because of another's stupidity. It affects the entire family and one seems to stand by their loved one, with that said, may both families involved stay strong and my prayers are with you both.

bluekrissyspikes
02-12-2009, 01:14 PM
i guess i missed the part in the paper about a passenger trying to fee the scene..weird, either he did have a warrant or he had drugs or somethign who knows,,

i'm not sure that was in the paper but i watched him try to leave and the police yelled at him and went and got him. he was probably just scared and confused because he was just a young guy, maybe twenty if that. he was white as a ghost. he didn't seem to know he was supposed to stay there.

**Owens Mommy**
02-12-2009, 01:17 PM
They aren't releasing him because he is a threat to himself right now

MaO3
02-12-2009, 01:30 PM
I want to say publicly that I respect the way that "owens Mommy" is handling this very very difficult situation.

I'd also like to respectfully suggest that we all refrain from speculating.

My thoughts are with BOTH families at this very difficult time.

lucky seven
02-12-2009, 01:54 PM
I agree Ma, Owen's Mommy is doing a great job. I also want to thank her for keeping me and our side of the family up to date on the situation. This is a very difficult situation. I feel very strongly about drinking and driving, but at the same time, I am also Brad's cousin so I want to support him. I won't ever defend what he has done, but it's tough not to worry too. I am very impressed with they way that this is being handled by soonet members. Thank you.

PrairieDog43
02-12-2009, 02:26 PM
I can agree with Italiandomino's statement....

"I have said this before ... I wish death to every idiot that drives drunk."

I hope that girl will recover completely.

gouligann
02-12-2009, 02:35 PM
So tragic for both sides of the family. Such an avoidable accident.

It seems to me that drinking and driving is on the rise again. Is it just me, or does it seem like the cops never run random unannounced ride checks any more? I only see them at Christmas time, and this year I didn't even see ONE at Christmas. I think we need more ride checks like it was when they first started doing them, in the city AND on the highways. It might prevent some of these drivers from getting behind the wheel.

IMHO
02-12-2009, 03:40 PM
One big advantage of cell phones in a vehicle is the ability to call 911 as soon as you spot a drunk driver. I think this is really helping to snare these jerks. Its pretty sad that someone was drunk before 5 in the afternoon. We think of these things happening at the time of bar closures...not any more i guess.

EyelashExtensions
02-12-2009, 03:54 PM
There are many people that don't agree with having the breathalyzer systems installed in all vehicles, but I think it would save so many lives. That is an entire thread in itself but I just wanted to add that.

Jackie B
02-12-2009, 11:44 PM
I saw a ride program set up on Gore Street Saturday night around 11:30 when I was coming back from the theatre.

Timbit
02-13-2009, 12:04 AM
its sad when a RIDE program has to be out before 5 pm... :(

condolences to both families though....such a hard time....

Muffin
02-13-2009, 07:18 PM
I am just curious, how is the driver of the car? Any injuries to him? I assume the passangers in the truck are unharmed?

Misschix
02-14-2009, 09:48 PM
I want to add to this thread..

The person injured is my friend.....
Some bad injuries and a long healing process to come...
Im so damn mad right now....
People never learn!

**Owens Mommy**
02-15-2009, 09:23 AM
Thank god she is going to make it...and you have every right to be angry. But thanks for posting, I haven't been able to get it out of my mind and again, so sorry for his actions

Misschix
02-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Thank god she is going to make it...and you have every right to be angry. But thanks for posting, I haven't been able to get it out of my mind and again, so sorry for his actions

Pm to U

Super Gram
02-15-2009, 10:32 AM
It is he who has to be sorry for his actions.:sad: not you....

lucky seven
02-15-2009, 11:09 AM
I am glad to hear that she's going to get better. I am sure that we all have been praying for that. Thanks for letting us know.

Misschix
02-20-2009, 08:09 AM
K more good news, she has been "released" from the hospital LOL
A very long painful recovery coming up
I just wanted to update the concerned individuals on here and thank you so much for caring about my friend....
Im so happy she will be okay, someday

**Owens Mommy**
02-20-2009, 08:29 AM
That's good news...thanks so much, I'll let my mom know

lucky seven
02-20-2009, 02:53 PM
That's great news Chixy, I am so glad to hear that.