PDA

View Full Version : Incredimail not sending...

Mommy16
02-11-2009, 09:31 PM
I use Incredimail for my email. I have for a couple of years. I recently had to reformat my computer but before I did that Incredimail was sending just fine. Since I reinstalled it and tried to send, it won't. This is the error I get...

Socket Error: 10060 , Port: 25, Protocol: SMTP.A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

I tried putting the error in google but never really got any answers that helped. I checked all the settings, everything's fine. I checked my firewall to make sure it wasn't getting blocked. Everything is fine.

Can anyone give me a hand with this? Please email me though. I don't check this very often.
mingram@vianet.ca

Thanks

Mommy16
02-12-2009, 05:31 PM
If anyone knows what's going on with it could you please post on here....

H.E. Pennypacker
02-12-2009, 07:50 PM
"This is probably NOT what you want to hear but most, if not all security forums and spyware/adware forums consider Incredimail spyware. I have a number of friends that used to have it and not only did it include spyware but it slowed their systems down immensly. It is also very hard to remove completely from your computer. I'm not trying to scare you but I'm pretty sure that the Mods in here will back me up on this. Sorry I can't help you, I'm just trying to save you some headaches."

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6121_102-0.html?forumID=45&threadID=43281&messageID=508422

Andre
02-12-2009, 08:03 PM
If anyone knows what's going on with it could you please post on here....
I'm not sure, so the best thing to do would be to email vianet tech support, but I don't think they use port 25 for email.
Find out what port they use and then change it in you incredimail setup.
Your firewall or router could also be blocking port 25

8th
02-12-2009, 09:18 PM
If anyone knows what's going on with it could you please post on here....Im not sure how it happened but I don't think incredimail has the correct password you set up to get mail from your "hotmail" or whatever accounts you're using it for!

Mommy16
02-12-2009, 11:22 PM
I'm not sure, so the best thing to do would be to email vianet tech support, but I don't think they use port 25 for email.
Find out what port they use and then change it in you incredimail setup.
Your firewall or router could also be blocking port 25

I contacted vianet tech support and verified with them if they used port 25 and they said that they did. I checked my firewall and it's not blocking it. How else would I check to make sure my firewall isn't blocking port 25

I tried a lot of different things and it's still not sending. What doesn't make sense to is that it worked a month ago. I reformatted my computer and reinstalled it and set everything up the same way it was before and have had nothing but problems.

Shawn
02-13-2009, 05:55 PM
I contacted vianet tech support and verified with them if they used port 25 and they said that they did. I checked my firewall and it's not blocking it. How else would I check to make sure my firewall isn't blocking port 25

I tried a lot of different things and it's still not sending. What doesn't make sense to is that it worked a month ago. I reformatted my computer and reinstalled it and set everything up the same way it was before and have had nothing but problems.

Go into tools, accounts, properties, servers. Change the smtp server to smtp.vianet.ca For the account name make it your full email address. There should be a check box for outgoing server requires authentication. Click on advanced, and change the port to 587.

I don't have incredimail in front of me right now, but the settings should be fairly close to outlook.

Mommy16
02-14-2009, 11:26 AM
Thank you very much Shawn. It worked. I don't understand why Vianet couldn't tell me to change it to 587
They told me that it was 25

Thank you very much once again

Shawn
02-14-2009, 04:29 PM
Thank you very much Shawn. It worked. I don't understand why Vianet couldn't tell me to change it to 587
They told me that it was 25

Thank you very much once again

If you are on cable you can use both shawsmtp.vianet.ca with port 25, but if you try to use smtp.vianet.ca you need port 587, and authentication turned on.

Shaw actually just did some recent changes, we used to be able to use smtp.vianet.ca with port 25 and authentication but I have recently had to change to 587 myself to make things work.

dgbsr
06-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Go into tools, accounts, properties, servers. Change the smtp server to smtp.vianet.ca For the account name make it your full email address. There should be a check box for outgoing server requires authentication. Click on advanced, and change the port to 587.

I don't have incredimail in front of me right now, but the settings should be fairly close to outlook.

I did not have to change smtp just change port 25 to 587