PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins

Sophie's_Mommy
02-14-2009, 03:50 PM
ok guys, here is the recipe i ve been promising for you. They are so so good i suggest everyone makes them..lol.

1-3 oz pkg if cream cheese softened
2 tbsp sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 beaten egg
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup cooking oil
powdered sugar ( optional )

In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 tbsp of sugar until light and fluffy. Set aside.

in a large bowl, stir together flour,1/2 cup sugar, cocoa, baking powder, & salt.

make a well in center of dry ingredients. Combine egg , milk, & oil. Add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Batter should be lumpy.
Spoon about 2 tbsp of chocolate batter into muffin pans, drop in 1 tsp of cream cheese on top then add more batter to fill.
Bake at 375 for 20 minutes, dust with powder sugar ( optional ) when they come out of oven.
ENJOY.

BrAt
02-14-2009, 10:13 PM
I wonder if there would be enough room in the cups to add a bit of cherry pie filling to them. It might taste kind of like a black forest cheesecake muffin.

Hm.

Sophie's_Mommy
02-15-2009, 10:00 AM
ya i dont see why not, just add a bit to the top of the cream cheese filling then fill with the choc. batter

Sophie's_Mommy
02-15-2009, 10:01 AM
or after the muffins are done you could always top with the cherrys, like spread it on the top of the muffin..i think i may try that sometime

really?
02-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Recipe sounded great. The I read about adding cherries. Not a fan, so I added about 1 1/2 tsp of raspberry jam to the creme cheese sugar mixture. I used these HUGE clay muffin pots I have (great for Yorkshire pudding) and yielded 6 of the muffins. They are so good. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sophie's_Mommy
02-16-2009, 12:10 PM
np, they are good eh....i never thought about putting jam or anything in the CC filling but thats a idea and somethign to try sometime, i love them just the way they are but i think i may add some rasp. or cherrys next time i make them