PDA

View Full Version : New Canadian DMCA potentially worse than US's?

\m/ Rich \m/
02-18-2009, 06:52 AM
http://www.boingboing.net/2008/06/12/canadian-dmca-is-wor.html

This is something we have to put and end to.
This infringes on all of our rights.
It's one thing to download the odd song or album.. But they want to turn us into criminals, huge fines, jail time, etc..

I buy a game if its WORTH it. I cant even count how many games ive bought only to find out they're crap. I'd rather be able to play first and make a moral decision whether its worth suporting. Now i know there are a lot of people who wouldnt, but hey thats fine...

Seriously? They're calling this a recession, yet garbage video games are still 60 bucks apiece. No wonder everyone's rippin em off. screw Wii Music, I'm glad i downloaded it.

I also downloaded the new House Of The Dead, and you know what? THAT's a game worth buying.

Make Hollywood and big business be accountable for once. Dont let them continue to dump crap on you and take your money for it.

Im sure there are many of you who have paid major money for something only to be gravely disappointed. Keep intellectual property just that - Intellectual.

If it's worth paying for, BUY IT.

If it sucks, put your peg-leg back on and be glad you didnt get holly-raped.

Andre
02-18-2009, 09:59 AM
That article is a little old.
"Bill C-61" died when the election was called.
They will probably try introducing a new bill this summer but it will have to be a much lighter version to have a chance at passing.
http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2008/10/07/tech-conservatives.html

Upper Decker
02-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Whats getting sad is that i search google for game updates for a game i actually bought and paid for and i get a message that says that almost all the serarch results were omitted because of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Even people who pay for this crap still are getting moderated because people are too effin greedy to make a decent product.

\m/ Rich \m/
02-19-2009, 12:25 AM
i didnt realize it was that old, but its still scary stuff.