PDA

View Full Version : Huckster @ docks

OU812
02-24-2009, 08:04 AM
checked out the first set saturday. i was very impressed. sean is an amazing writer. sound mix was bang-on or should i say george-on. jay, blew me away on the bass. eveyone was "on". i am wondering if sean could probably use a few more fx pedals and possibly a couple more guitars? lmfao. too funny. you don't have to worry about anyone imitating your sound. that floor in front of you looked like the control centre for a nuclear reactor. good job.

fenderbass
02-24-2009, 10:09 AM
I watched some of the video posted from Mr. Thomas and was also impressed with the sound and style.

Greenman
02-24-2009, 08:08 PM
I enjoyed them as well. Good tunes. Good sound GR

\m/ Rich \m/
02-25-2009, 05:12 AM
I really enjoy Sean's playing. I just wish i could see him freeform rip out on a nice clean sound or something... Everytime i hear him, it's absolutely caked with effects - and while this completely suits his style, i'd like to see him stripped down.

Glen (freq!) is an amazing drummer and all around musician, and a huge asset to any band he's in.

Jay Case - another phenomenal player.

Their lineup is stacked with some really well versed, incredibly talented veteran musicians. It's nice to see such a talent putting together originals.

I'd be flat out lying if i said i enjoyed the music they play, but to each their own... i wish them the best with this... They really are a local superstar lineup.

With that said.. i would definitely pay the cover to see them play. With a little more notice, count me in for an appearance next time!

seanhalliday
02-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks for your words of praise and encouragement and John, it was good to see your smiling face there on Saturday night!

We were pretty uncertain playing there to be honest, given we can't play a Johnny Cash song between us in this band! Still, most people seemed to enjoy it and we weren't booed off the stage at least!

So it can be done though, you can go to Docks and play all your stuff. I thought that was pretty cool in of itself.

John...you're right, I think I need some more guitars and pedals eh? I almost felt like it was an "unplugged" set there ha ha!

Rich..I will work on getting rid of my effects...they are my security blanket though....it's a scary world out there!

Take care guys and thanks again....Sean

\m/ Rich \m/
03-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Rich..I will work on getting rid of my effects...they are my security blanket though....it's a scary world out there!

I hope you didnt read into my post wrong.. i really do enjoy your playing, your sound is very much your own - most guys cant handle their effects like you do.

All im sayin is it would be neat to hear you a little more "naked", LOL!