PDA

View Full Version : Website making

hyke48
02-25-2009, 01:26 PM
Hey me and a couple of buddies are trying to make a website we already have a domain name and stuff but i was wondering if anyone knew of any software that was good for a first time page builder?

GoldDogs
02-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Freewebs.com
Microsoft Front page.

(I can't think of anything else)

HTML and CSS is the greatest way to go though, I mean for beginners. Its seems tough but once you get a feel for it, which doesn't take long, it get easier. Lots of trial and error but its fun. You can do anything you want without worrying about limitations of page builders.

Shawn
02-25-2009, 04:53 PM
Personally I love Dreamweaver from Adobe. Its a little more advanced, but it takes some of the learning curve out of things because you can both use it as a wysiwyg (What you see is what you get) as well as see the code as you are making the page.

Front page does a lot of things ass backwards to the rest of the world and probably the last program I would touch. I have not touched it in a long time so I don't know if they fixed that, but I am sure in the end you will find dreamweaver more compatible with the standards that are out there today.

HTML is the simplest of all the websites. Start with that, and then you can move to things like css to deal with the styling of the site. As you get familure with that then you can move onto the more advanced stuff like php and make the site dynamic if you wanted, but it all depends on the site you are trying to develope.

hemi_69
02-25-2009, 09:43 PM
I like Avanquest Web Easy Professional