EyelashExtensions
03-07-2009, 04:14 AM
Mmmmmm today I made potato skins....

potatoes
bacon
butter
pam
cheese

Wash and cut in half however many potatoes you want. Wrap in saran wrap and put in microwave on the potato setting(if you have one). Remove from microwave, cut holes in saran wrap and let cool for about 10-15 minutes. Cut bacon in to small slices and fry in a pan on stove. Use a tablespoon and remove some of the potato from the skin(careful the skins might slide right off!) place upside down on a pan with pam or buttered. Melt about a tablespoon of butter in a cup, glaze the skins with the melted butter. Place in oven at 400 near the top for about 5 minutes. Shred cheese. Remove from oven and flip them over. Fill the skins with cheese, then add the bacon. Put back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes.......voila! Yummy potato skins!!

Marshmallow salad.....

1-2 cans of crushed pineapple
1 package of pistachio pudding
1 large bag of mini marshmallows
1 container of cool whip

Place cool whip and pistachio pudding in a bowl. Make sure the cool whip is kind of soft. Mix it up by hand or with mixer. Drain the pineapple very good(or it will get watery and not look very nice). Add the pineapple and stir with a spoon. Stir in the marshmallows and EAT!!!

Anyone else got any old/new favorites?

Tansy
03-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Quick easy fave of mine for dinner:
Perogies in a casserole dish. (Frozen is fine)
Chop up sausages to bite sized pieces and toss in.
Cover the lot with a can of pasta sauce.
Bake at 350 for about an hour.
Grate cheese on top.
Serve with sour cream.

EyelashExtensions
03-07-2009, 07:15 PM
oooo I like that one...never thought of doing that way

Tansy
03-08-2009, 06:32 AM
If you're a quiche fan there's another good one that's simple and quick:
A package of stove top for chicken or turkey. Open the box and toss the lot into a pan. Melt 1/2 cup butter and pour over croutons/spices.
Add whatever you like. (I love cheese, broccoli and polish sausage chopped up.)
Whisk 2 eggs and 1 cup of milk in a bowl. Pour over the lot.
Bake at 350 for about 30-45 mins. (Whenever a fork inserted in the middle comes out clean.)
Great in the summer to serve cold on lazy days.

kitca
03-08-2009, 02:02 PM
quick stir fry.

boneless chicken cup up fairly small - fry in seasame oil (or whatever, though seasame has a nice flvour) fry and set aside
fry up some udon noodles (have to get these online or in toronto - they are so good) or you could use cooked pasta or other oriental noodles fry to get warmed and a little crispy in parts
add a package of europes best japanese zen garden OR cut up your own favorite veggies, like red pepper, carrot, celery ... ... add a large spoonful of chicken soup base mixed in some hot water and some soya sauce. cook just till warmed right through and tender-crisp. drain extra liquid
add noodles and chicken pieces and stir all together.

has a nice flavour without having to make sauces or anything, it is just so quick and easy, can be done in about 20 minutes.

desserts:
2 easy favorites of ours are custard pie and layer jello
jello
buy 3 boxes of different color jello
mix first one as directed, put into 9X13 pan and let cool
mix 2nd one with 1 cup boiling water. beat together 1 pkg cream cheese and 1 container cool whip (i get both across the river for about $1.00 each) and beat the hot jello into the cream mixture. pour over 1st layer and let cool
mix 3rd color of jello as directed and pour over 1st & 2nd layers and let cool.
cut into squares to serve.

custard pie
i use a ready bought frozen pie pastry
mix 4 eggs
2 cups milk
1/2 cup white sugar (scant rather than full)
1 tsp vanilla
pour into pie shell and sprinkle with lots of nutmeg
bake at 400 for 20 minutess, turn oven down to 350 and bake another 30-40 minutes till set. serve cooled, it falls apart when too warm. you could also make this without the pastry and just use an oiled glass pie dish, but it does taste nice with the pastry.

Sophie's_Mommy
03-09-2009, 09:47 AM
my aunt makes that jello cheesecake, it is awesome, and im def, going to make a custard pie tonight for dessert, i love custard and this sounds yummy.

Asparas
03-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Actually you can get Udon noodles at A&P but it's hit or miss because if certain people see them there they'll buy all of them on the shelves.

I probably see them there 1 of 5 times I go there. You can also use the Chinese Stir-Fry noodles they sell there, not as thick as Udon but still delicious.

MaO3
03-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Heres one of my fav's.

Swiss Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 slices swiss cheese
1 can cream of Mushroom soup
1/4 cup of white wine (may substitute apple juice)
1 box stovetop stuffing
1/2 cup butter / margarine (melted)
Arrange raw chicken breasts in the bottom of a oven proof baking dish.
cover each chicken breast with a slice of swiss cheese
combine can of cream of mushroom soup with white wine - mix well.
Pour soup/wine mix over chicken
Melt margarine and mix dry stuffing mix into marg, till moistened.
cover chicken mixture with stuffing mix and cover with foil.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes in 350 oven, remove foil and continue baking another 10 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is fork tender